NerdyToothpick

Stomach pain. Help?

Hope your stomach heals quickly!  Sneak in a nap when possible..

Glad it's not terribly serious. Sorry about the liquid diet. Boo! Hoping you heal quickly. Thanks for the update.

2 hours ago, Aussie Bear said:

A very timely find for your Toothpick. Glad he's on the ball but sorry about the liquids. Hope you find a way to get enough calories in and stay healthy.

I’m drinking protein shakes like it’s my job!

3 hours ago, NerdyToothpick said:

Hi everyone! I’m on a liquid diet for a month :( The thickest food I can have is yogurt or well puréed soup. I can’t keep much down and am dealing with dizziness and nausea. I am being monitored by new doctor and he is treating me as if I had an ulcer.  I like new doctor and he is a very good listener  

I have zero energy these days. Take my situation as a cautionary tale! Chew. Your. Food. 

Thanks for all the love. 

Chew my food, hell~! I doubt that I will even attempt steak for at least a few years (if ever)  after seeing your experience ;)

A month is a long time on liquids. Trust me, I know. Hoping that you heal quickly.

2 hours ago, NerdyToothpick said:

I’m drinking protein shakes like it’s my job!

I know that feeling but at least I get solids....6 meals a day two hours apart for me. Seems if I'm not eating, I'm thinking about what to have next hoping they'll be room when the time comes. Hope your feeling better soon and that your endoscopy is uneventful.

On 4/8/2018 at 5:15 PM, NerdyToothpick said:

Hi everyone! I’m on a liquid diet for a month :( The thickest food I can have is yogurt or well puréed soup. I can’t keep much down and am dealing with dizziness and nausea. I am being monitored by new doctor and he is treating me as if I had an ulcer.  I like new doctor and he is a very good listener  

I have zero energy these days. Take my situation as a cautionary tale! Chew. Your. Food. 

Thanks for all the love. 

Nerdy, sorry to hear. Best wishes. Let me know if you want to share.... a caffeinated yogurt. 

Chewing my food, very very very carefully. 

if you have ulcer it might not have been just the poorly chewed meat that made it symptomatic ... just the straw that made it evident... what do you think?. 

(((Hugs))) @NerdyToothpick!!! ❤️❤️❤️ You’re in my thoughts and prayers my friend :wub: I hope you feel better very soon

On 4/9/2018 at 7:10 PM, BurgundyBoy said:

Nerdy, sorry to hear. Best wishes. Let me know if you want to share.... a caffeinated yogurt. 

Chewing my food, very very very carefully. 

if you have ulcer it might not have been just the poorly chewed meat that made it symptomatic ... just the straw that made it evident... what do you think?. 

I honestly have no idea. There seems to be so much that is going wrong right now. I'm being a bit melodramatic but I don't even know what to think anymore.

8 hours ago, NerdyToothpick said:

I honestly have no idea. There seems to be so much that is going wrong right now. I'm being a bit melodramatic but I don't even know what to think anymore.

OH, there are some days where we know less and less as the day goes on, things have stopped making sense, and one is convinced there cannot be a God because the pain and suffering could not be tolerated by an higher being. I'll spin some prayer wheels for you and hope your cloud lifts soon. 

13 hours ago, NerdyToothpick said:

I get like that pretty easily these days as well. You hold things together on serious stuff and just one minor issue can be the straw that breaks the camels back. Hang in there girl. You'll get things sorted and wonder what all the fuss was about.

Hey everyone! Thanks again for your cheer, concern and love. 

My stomach is feeling a bit better. No more tiny knives attacking my stomach. The meds I was given have put me on a path to recovery. I’m still pretty weak/tired from low calories and running after a toddler. I’m sure anemia doesn’t help either. 

Thanks for sticking by me while I’m a grumpy Gus. 

393B7D29-D0C2-47F0-9458-2FB2D499D430.gif

11 hours ago, NerdyToothpick said:

Thanks for sticking by me while I’m a grumpy Gus. 

You're a cherished member of the T-T family Nerdy - that's what we do when one of our members is going through a rough time.  t4622.gif

On 4/11/2018 at 11:22 AM, NerdyToothpick said:

It’s not melodrama when it’s real, my dear friend!!! Trust me when I say I can relate completely to having more going on than you can handle at once. You WILL get through this, but while you are doing that, please lean on us!! That hug cinwa gave you up there...let it fill you with our warmth and love for you ❤️ Rest when you can, and please take good care of you! 

@cinwa @Nana Trish Thanks for your kind words. I like myself quite a bit but my major character flaw is withdrawing from people when times get really tough. Everyone’s words and kindness have made me feel warm inside. Thank you. 

12 hours ago, NerdyToothpick said:

@cinwa @Nana Trish Thanks for your kind words. I like myself quite a bit but my major character flaw is withdrawing from people when times get really tough. Everyone’s words and kindness have made me feel warm inside. Thank you. 

I have two major character flaws...withdrawing from people, or telling people more than I want them to know, lol. Depending on which end of my bipolar state I happen to land on that day will dictate what I do. I’m not exactly sure that withdrawing is a character flaw though. I think it’s more of a coping mechanism. As long as you always know that we are here, whenever you need us, you need to cope however you can at the time. Feel the love, @NerdyToothpick, feel the love ❤️❤️❤️