ktgrok

Good news, bad news

The good news:

I've lost the baby weight, and then some. At almost three years out I'm at my lowest weight yet, and no longer obese. I have never gained other than when pregnant. 

The bad news:

At nearly three years out I'm still overweight and have never hit even my most "reasonable" goal weight of 140's. (like, I'll take 149.9, lol) And I have no motivation to exercise (teething baby keeping me up at night probably isn't helping)

But, I'm on track mostly. It's nighttime snacking that kills me. And breastfeeding makes me even more hungry/snacky. I'm losing slowly, and am at 151.7 right now. I've told myself I WILL be in the 140's by my birthday on April 9th. But whoever said this is the easy way out is nuts, lol. There's nothing easy about it. 

4 hours ago, ktgrok said:

The good news:

I've lost the baby weight, and then some. At almost three years out I'm at my lowest weight yet, and no longer obese. I have never gained other than when pregnant. 

The bad news:

At nearly three years out I'm still overweight and have never hit even my most "reasonable" goal weight of 140's. (like, I'll take 149.9, lol) And I have no motivation to exercise (teething baby keeping me up at night probably isn't helping)

But, I'm on track mostly. It's nighttime snacking that kills me. And breastfeeding makes me even more hungry/snacky. I'm losing slowly, and am at 151.7 right now. I've told myself I WILL be in the 140's by my birthday on April 9th. But whoever said this is the easy way out is nuts, lol. There's nothing easy about it. 

Gee KT losing a third of your body weight is an huge accomplishment, and it's a big deal to be at lowest weight yet without having regained. You have what it takes!

See no reason to feel regretful over a couple of pounds - most of the health benefits are in getting down from being very very heavy. And hope you are enjoying the baby! 

2 minutes ago, BurgundyBoy said:

Gee KT losing a third of your body weight is an huge accomplishment, and it's a big deal to be at lowest weight yet without having regained. You have what it takes!

See no reason to feel regretful over a couple of pounds - most of the health benefits are in getting down from being very very heavy. And hope you are enjoying the baby! 

Thanks! I'm definitely thrilled with my progress. And although I do get a bit jealous o those that are down to a "normal" BMI I also know that with homeschooling, being a parent to four kids, my work as an author, etc I don't spend the time working out that a lot of them do. Someday! And yes, it's good to know that at this point my weight is not going to impact my health!

Now to help my husband, who has gained most of what I lost.....surgery may be in his future next. For me it's an easy call, do it! But he's worried about being satisfied afterwards...he's the kind of guy hat likes to eat a 20 oz steak. Which of course, may be how he got here! He doesn't snack or graze, just overeats when he does eat, so he's a perfect candidate. 

10 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

Thanks! I'm definitely thrilled with my progress. And although I do get a bit jealous o those that are down to a "normal" BMI I also know that with homeschooling, being a parent to four kids, my work as an author, etc I don't spend the time working out that a lot of them do. Someday! And yes, it's good to know that at this point my weight is not going to impact my health!

Now to help my husband, who has gained most of what I lost.....surgery may be in his future next. For me it's an easy call, do it! But he's worried about being satisfied afterwards...he's the kind of guy hat likes to eat a 20 oz steak. Which of course, may be how he got here! He doesn't snack or graze, just overeats when he does eat, so he's a perfect candidate. 

We all have to judge our progress by our own goals and needs, not what others do! Good luck with the hubs. I find I am satisfied with a really small steak now, and continue to eat very well - just less!

15 minutes ago, BurgundyBoy said:

We all have to judge our progress by our own goals and needs, not what others do! Good luck with the hubs. I find I am satisfied with a really small steak now, and continue to eat very well - just less!

That's what I told him. But I think "big eater" is part of his self identity so i get that it is kind of scary. But for now, I'm going to try to be a great example of surgery success:)

I can eat 3-4 ounce steak.  I guess there really is no food I can’t eat; except fried.  It’s if I chose to go there.  We can’t talk someone into surgery.  It has to be their choice.  My daughter and son in law told me they had started the process after seeing my success.  I said nothing to them.  

Congrats on getting down to your lowest weight after having four babies! That's a big achievement. And happy early birthday, whether you're in the 140s or not - it'll happen soon, I'm sure :)