Readytobeme

Finally got in! Vsg complete!

Dang it. I am hungry! Can't wait until Wednesday when my diet will advance. The milky type shakes fill me up but, they don't last that long and I am only allowed two per day. Been filling in with bone broth and other liquids but still. I am hungry.

1 hour ago, Readytobeme said:

Dang it. I am hungry! Can't wait until Wednesday when my diet will advance. The milky type shakes fill me up but, they don't last that long and I am only allowed two per day. Been filling in with bone broth and other liquids but still. I am hungry.

Lol I couldn't agree more.   

2 hours ago, michiganmilkman said:

Lol I couldn't agree more.   

You are 1 week ahead of me. Where are you at on your diet progression? Right now it is only clear liquids and up to 2 milky type protein shakes for me.

I think that this week will bring things like yogurt, creamed soups, etc to the table for me.

1 hour ago, Readytobeme said:

You are 1 week ahead of me. Where are you at on your diet progression? Right now it is only clear liquids and up to 2 milky type protein shakes for me.

I think that this week will bring things like yogurt, creamed soups, etc to the table for me.

Im allowed full liquids right now. But there is not many choices.  Wednesday I go see the surgeon and nutrition again and they talked about going to soft foods

5 hours ago, michiganmilkman said:

Im allowed full liquids right now. But there is not many choices.  Wednesday I go see the surgeon and nutrition again and they talked about going to soft foods

Ok. I am pretty sure that I too will advance to soft foods on Wednesday. Thankfully this practice stopped the pureed stage right before I started.

hope you're healing well and quickly!  Be careful of the soft foods....they are so exciting to get to but not as easy as they sound.  Take your time progressing :)

13 minutes ago, CheeringCJ said:

hope you're healing well and quickly!  Be careful of the soft foods....they are so exciting to get to but not as easy as they sound.  Take your time progressing :)

Thanks for the tip. I plan to go very slowly when I do get the OK to advance. So far my team has not steered me wrong. I feel if I follow their plan I will do just fine ;)

1 minute ago, Readytobeme said:

Thanks for the tip. I plan to go very slowly when I do get the OK to advance. So far my team has not steered me wrong. I feel if I follow their plan I will do just fine ;)

good....I just remember being so excited to advance.....at least my head was, but my stomach wasn't! 

3 minutes ago, CheeringCJ said:

good....I just remember being so excited to advance.....at least my head was, but my stomach wasn't! 

My stomach isn't feeling so well today but, I am no longer hungry. When the nurse called to check on me last week she asked if I had a BM yet. I told her no and she told me to take milk of magnesia. I took 1/2 dose. Nothing. Took another 1/2 dose next day. Still nothing. Took full dose yesterday and have had diarrhea ever since. Had to take Imodium to try and reverse it  and none of these things are agreeing with me at all.

Edited by Readytobeme

7 minutes ago, Readytobeme said:

My stomach isn't feeling so well today but, I am no longer hungry. When the nurse called to check on me last week she asked if I had a BM yet. I told her no and she told me to take milk of magnesia. I took 1/2 dose. Nothing. Took another 1/2 dose next day. Still nothing. Took full dose yesterday and have had diarrhea ever since. Had to take Imodium to try and reverse it  and none of these things are agreeing with me at all.

been there, done that!  I dealt with diarrhea a lot in the beginning...still do from time to time.  I am lactose intolerant and sometimes there are traces of milk in things and that sets me off.  I have to remember to take my lactaid pills before my protein shake or i deal with it all morning...but I am usually fine by lunch time.  (tho honestly it hasn't made me lose weight...ugh!) 

1 minute ago, CheeringCJ said:

been there, done that!  I dealt with diarrhea a lot in the beginning...still do from time to time.  I am lactose intolerant and sometimes there are traces of milk in things and that sets me off.  I have to remember to take my lactaid pills before my protein shake or i deal with it all morning...but I am usually fine by lunch time.  (tho honestly it hasn't made me lose weight...ugh!) 

Lactaid pills were on our list of things to get before surgery. I didn't get them because I knew that I would be using Syntrax, Unjury and Fairlife. No issues with any of it for me. I just took too much M.O.M. is all.

Welcome, bubby! Welcome to your new life!