Quest.love

Purée stage.

Recently came across this site now quite sure how it it works.. but I do have a few questions I am two weeks out & now on the purée stage.. hoping someone has a few helpful tips along with recipes that they have enjoyed !!! :) 

Welcome to Thinner times :) I second cinwas recommendation for eggface, be sure to check out the ricotta bake if your not lactose intolerant. It is delish!

Edited by Ladybugzzz86

Thirding the suggestion to check out Eggface's blog - many of us lived on ricotta bake during puree stage. It's excellent.

Other things I ate during purees:

- Refried beans w/ a little cheese and sour cream/yogurt. Some people add salsa to theirs, although I did not.

- Cottage cheese

- Chicken salad made with canned chicken (softer and blends better, I think) - usually with some curry powder for extra flavor

- Canned corned beef hash with a baked egg (pureed, of course). This is nice if you want something less liquidy/soupy but still soft and pureed enough to count. 

My pureed phase was shorter than most, it seems, so I really ate these 5 things on repeat (the 4 I listed, plus ricotta bake). :) 

Edited by kristinwitha_k

Another thing worth checking out are things like Campbell's Healthy Request Soups.  Strained of some of their liquid (reserve that for a warming drink later), they blend up well and are pretty tasty.

A lot of our members found Wendy's Chili a great choice too.