Dtrain84

My Progress So Far

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, BurgundyBoy said:

 

Well we must  be the prolonged stall group... could not have better company though!

Thanks! We'll all push through it together!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, TammyP said:

You look great!  Congratz on your successful journey! :)

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Res Ipsa said:

You look great!!

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Trish!!! Thank you! Congratulations on reaching goal weight, you look fabulous!!! I know this stall shall pass. I'm in it to win it! I will try my best not to be a stranger around here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Readytobeme said:

Good to see you again, @Dtrain84 You look great!

Thank you! It's good to be back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

You're looking really great! I like that happy look in your eyes in  your current photo :) Keep doing what you're doing - you've been so successful!

Thanks Jen! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tracyringo said:

Congrats on all the hard work you have put in !!  You look very nice.

 

Thank you Tracy! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dtrain84 said:

I know how you feel with the knee. My left knee has been an issue with me for years. I need a replacement but the doctors telling me that I'm too young right now. 

Oh boy...I hope I don't hear that I'm too young as well. I'm having my knees and back re-evaluated in a couple of months and I'm fully expecting them to tell me I need both knees replaced. I know for a fact that the left one needs it. I'm not planning on surgery just yet, but it'll be nice if, when I'm ready, they don't tell me I've got to wait due to age. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nana Trish said:

Oh boy...I hope I don't hear that I'm too young as well. I'm having my knees and back re-evaluated in a couple of months and I'm fully expecting them to tell me I need both knees replaced. I know for a fact that the left one needs it. I'm not planning on surgery just yet, but it'll be nice if, when I'm ready, they don't tell me I've got to wait due to age. 

I was told by my doctor that they prefer not to do knee replacements on people under 55 years old. His explanation was that knee replacements are good for 15 years and they don't like doing multiple knee replacements on an individual. I guess they settled on 55 because the life expectancy of an average American is 70 to 73 years, so you can do the math there. My doctor told me only in extreme situations when they do a knee replacement on a younger person. I do have a former coworker who had knee replacement on both knees at 42 years old. So depending on your situation, you might be able to still have the knee replacement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dtrain84 said:

I was told by my doctor that they prefer not to do knee replacements on people under 55 years old. His explanation was that knee replacements are good for 15 years and they don't like doing multiple knee replacements on an individual. I guess they settled on 55 because the life expectancy of an average American is 70 to 73 years, so you can do the math there. My doctor told me only in extreme situations when they do a knee replacement on a younger person. I do have a former coworker who had knee replacement on both knees at 42 years old. So depending on your situation, you might be able to still have the knee replacement. 

I think I remember hearing that that's the reason for having to wait until a certain age, now that you mention it. It does make sense, and I know I certainly wouldn't want to have the same knee replaced twice. I'm not sure what the doc will say, but I can't extend either leg out flat. Like if I'm lying in bed, I have to sleep with a pillow under my knees...and if I'm standing up, it always looks as if my knees are bent. They actually are. So it should be an interesting visit to my ortho. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Nana Trish said:

I think I remember hearing that that's the reason for having to wait until a certain age, now that you mention it. It does make sense, and I know I certainly wouldn't want to have the same knee replaced twice. I'm not sure what the doc will say, but I can't extend either leg out flat. Like if I'm lying in bed, I have to sleep with a pillow under my knees...and if I'm standing up, it always looks as if my knees are bent. They actually are. So it should be an interesting visit to my ortho. 

I also forgot to mention that he said that younger people are more active which would put more wear and tear on the replaced knee which could require a second replacement which makes sense. I hope all goes well for you Trish! 

Edited by Dtrain84

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dtrain84 said:

I also forgot to mention that he said that younger people are more active which would put more wear and tear on the replaced knee which could require a second replacement which makes sense. I hope all goes well for you Trish! 

Makes perfect sense :) I hope all goes well for you too!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Way to go! You look 10 years younger! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/03/2018 at 11:05 AM, Dtrain84 said:

I stalled at 6lbs away from onederland and been here for almost 3 months. I'm still loving my journey! 

20180220_093243.jpg

You look amazing. It's like 2 different people. Congratulations 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now