Welcome to the Losers Bench!  Life is good here :)

Congratulations Rob!  Welcome to the losers bench. 

welcome, Rob, to the Losers' Bench and to the new you!!!  Rest up and get better and stop in when you can!

Glad to hear Rob :) Now remember, just keep sipping, just keep sipping.. I think I feel a song coming on :D

Wonderful!!!

Welcome to the losers bench!!!

Walk. Sip. Take it easy on yourself. Get ready for the exciting times ahead!!! 

picgifs-welcome-2-3816229.gif

8 hours ago, michiganmilkman said:

Had my surgery yesterday a 4. All went well.  Ill talk more later. Rob

Congrats! Long time coming, but you are there!

Yay!  Hoping all went well!

11 hours ago, michiganmilkman said:

Had my surgery yesterday a 4. All went well.  Ill talk more later. Rob

Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just now found this, Rob. Never crossed my mind to look in post op VSG lol

I am so happy for you that it is over and done with. Looking forward to hearing more when you feel up to telling us.

I had my surgery exactly 2 weeks before you.  The pain will subside and the weight will start coming off.  Drink water and take small walks!

Pain is slowly going away. I get up and walk every 2 hrs. Just lots of gas bubbling inside of me. Sometimes it's painful.

21 minutes ago, michiganmilkman said:

Pain is slowly going away. I get up and walk every 2 hrs. Just lots of gas bubbling inside of me. Sometimes it's painful.

Welcome to the losers bench!  Just keep on walking and sipping water, and the pain should get a lot better.

32 minutes ago, michiganmilkman said:

Can you get any warm tea rob?  That can help a lot with the early gas issue.

1 hour ago, michiganmilkman said:

Are you at home yet?

32 minutes ago, cinwa said:

Can you get any warm tea rob?  That can help a lot with the early gas issue.

Good point. I remember my Dr saying that warm tea is one of the first things we will get for breakfast the morning after.

I have a celestial seasons fruit sample pack at home as well.

4 hours ago, Readytobeme said:

Are you at home yet?

Yup. I was at the hospital for 22hrs

7 hours ago, michiganmilkman said:

Yup. I was at the hospital for 22hrs

Great! I have been promised that sleeve surgeries go home the next day unless there are complications. I intend to walk from recovery to my room if they will let me (lol just kidding!) because I want to go home asap. I am not one that likes to be away from my home or my family.

9 hours ago, Readytobeme said:

Great! I have been promised that sleeve surgeries go home the next day unless there are complications. I intend to walk from recovery to my room if they will let me (lol just kidding!) because I want to go home asap. I am not one that likes to be away from my home or my family.

Your going to do fine. You researched alot about this. Make sure you get a picture of your stomach.  My surgeon texted me mine. Said it was the second largest one she has seen.

11 hours ago, Readytobeme said:

Wow, one day away for you!  I expect you will be home on time.  I went in at 5:30AM and was leaving the hospital by 2PM same day!  Best of luck.

8 hours ago, michiganmilkman said:

Your going to do fine. You researched alot about this. Make sure you get a picture of your stomach.  My surgeon texted me mine. Said it was the second largest one she has seen.

Really? I would think that there would be many out there larger than yours.  I will try hard to ask my Dr for the picture lol

I am not even a tiny bit scared. I am ready!

6 hours ago, Rob_VSG said:

Wow, one day away for you!  I expect you will be home on time.  I went in at 5:30AM and was leaving the hospital by 2PM same day!  Best of luck.

Wow! That is the first that I have heard of outpatient surgery for a sleeve. Pretty sure it is always a one night stay with the group that I am using. I am ok with that. Would like to be sure that everything is working as it should before going home ;)

Congratulations! Welcome to the bench :D 

@michiganmilkman

Hi Rob, how are you doing?

5 hours ago, BurgundyBoy said:

@michiganmilkman

Hi Rob, how are you doing?

Hi. Things are going good. Im getting all my fluids and protien in. I have no trouble drinking water.  Almost as there is no restriction to my stomach size. Thanks for asking Rob