Sign in to follow this  
CheeringCJ

Premier shakes Sam's club $1 ea

A33DA32B-9FAA-416B-955F-B478C5BE3B25.png

Yep. They have been on sale like that for awhile. I bought a bunch for my husband only to find out that he couldn't tolerate them. Ended up loading them up and taking them all back.  They are not a good quality of protein so I am not able to use them post op. I am able to use the PP Clear as it is 100% whey isolate. They are also on sale for the same $4 off but, beware. There is a limit to 3 cases on this sale.

The new Peaches and Cream is very good tasting though.

Edited by Readytobeme

Peaches and cream sounds yummy. 

I don't use RTD shakes, I make them from powder since it's cheaper but this sounded like a good buy.... but not if they aren't good. I have shelves of stuff I've bought at a good price but no one liked. :(

19 minutes ago, CheeringCJ said:

I don't use RTD shakes, I make them from powder since it's cheaper but this sounded like a good buy.... but not if they aren't good. I have shelves of stuff I've bought at a good price but no one liked. :(

The peaches and cream is really good; I also like the caramel.  I initially liked the chocolate and vanilla but got burnt out on them.  The new Cookies and Cream is just "meh".  OK but probably won't buy it again.

never was a big fan of caramel so that wouldn't appeal but peach is my favorite fruit so I would love the peaches and cream!  If I find a single one I would buy it and try it.

7 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

They taste very good. It is just not the best or mist absorbable protein you can get. My husband and I both quite like Syntrax Nectar best so far. But, the PP do taste good.

My dietician told me that the PP are fine pre op. Not post op.

7 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

never was a big fan of caramel so that wouldn't appeal but peach is my favorite fruit so I would love the peaches and cream!  If I find a single one I would buy it and try it.

Only problem with that is the Peach and The Cookie are exclusive to Sams. It is a real peach flavor (not fake) IMHO

7 hours ago, msmarymac said:

The peaches and cream is really good; I also like the caramel.  I initially liked the chocolate and vanilla but got burnt out on them.  The new Cookies and Cream is just "meh".  OK but probably won't buy it again.

Exactly how I felt about them. The caramel is very sweet but I do like it in my coffee. I will probably still keep some of it on hand to drink in my coffee. Better for me than International  Delights anyway.

3 minutes ago, Readytobeme said:

They taste very good. It is just not the best or mist absorbable protein you can get. My husband and I both quite like Syntrax Nectar best so far. But, the PP do taste good.

My dietician told me that the PP are fine pre op. Not post op.

Many programs want you to use whey isolate in the immediate postop period as you are so limited in quantity you want to make sure you absorb every possible gram.  And whey isolate is absorbed faster.  However, the protein in PP is concentrated from milk (whey and casein) so many programs are fine with it, especially after those first critical weeks.  More so with sleeve I think than bypass which causes more issues with absorption.  

And they are so convenient and tasty :)

11 minutes ago, Readytobeme said:

Only problem with that is the Peach and The Cookie are exclusive to Sams. It is a real peach flavor (not fake) IMHO

man, I'd love it but I am not a Sam's member

4 minutes ago, CheeringCJ said:

I would totally send you one to try :)

If they sell well at Sam's they probably will be available at WalMart in 4pk eventually.  At least that was the Caramel situation; first available only in cases at Sams then (now) available at WalMart.  I still try to get them at Sams when I'm "in the city" because  they're so much cheaper.

Speaking of Sams, if anybody is going, you should try "Flavor Bombs" cherry tomatoes...so good!!! It has replaced grape tomatoes as my favorite way to make it to summer and my own delicious supply.

2 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

@CheeringCJ Go to Sams and use your free one day membership! I think that you may have to pay 5% more. I would also be glad to send you a peach or two to try. Just PM your address but, do it before Friday.

2 hours ago, msmarymac said:

Many programs want you to use whey isolate in the immediate postop period as you are so limited in quantity you want to make sure you absorb every possible gram.  And whey isolate is absorbed faster.  However, the protein in PP is concentrated from milk (whey and casein) so many programs are fine with it, especially after those first critical weeks.  More so with sleeve I think than bypass which causes more issues with absorption.  

And they are so convenient and tasty :)

They are but, some of the Syntrax Nectar are just as tasty if not more. Plus, they don't seem to upset as many people's stomach as the PP does. I am pretty sure that the isolate is the purer form of whey. My dietician said that the PP are cheap but just like most things, with protein supplements you often get what you pay for.

They want us sticking to the pure isolate and it just makes sense to me.

Ooh, let me add that I did try the Unjury RTD and seriously, don't bother. It is the worst that I have tasted so far. The vanilla is really bad. Yuck.

10 hours ago, Readytobeme said:

They are but, some of the Syntrax Nectar are just as tasty if not more. Plus, they don't seem to upset as many people's stomach as the PP does. I am pretty sure that the isolate is the purer form of whey. My dietician said that the PP are cheap but just like most things, with protein supplements you often get what you pay for.

They want us sticking to the pure isolate and it just makes sense to me.

I used unjury chicken soup flavor and syntrax nectar flavors exclusively in the early post-op months and they were delicious.  Really the biggest drawback is they don't have RTD and I am lazy :)

I do have a (very large) container of mint cookie that is Syntrax Matrix that I use sometimes when I'm feeling like I need a dessert.  It is almost too good lol.

Everyone should follow their programs guidelines; we all know that different programs don't agree on all the details of everything but for the vast majority of us, following our program gets us to a good place, which is a gloriously healthy life!  Can't wait for you to experience that!

@msmarymac You were right again! My last pre op class today was going over exactly what we can and can't have post op. We have to stick to the plan exactly for the first three weeks. After that there is indeed wiggle room. I am SO glad because I LOVE the PP peach!