Gladys

Newbie from London

Hi guys, I’m new to this and due to have mini gastric bypass on Thursday march 22nd 2018. I’m so nervous and super happy I found this forum. Currently on my 14 day Pre op diet which has been really hard but glad it’s coming to an end. What type of weight loss has everyone had while on the preop  diet and how does everyone deal with pre surgery nerves 

Edited by Gladys

Welcome to Thinner Times Gladys!

I can't help on the pre-op diet I'm afraid as I didn't have a specific diet.  I was was just required to lose weight by restricting my calorie intake during the 5 months from my initial consult with my surgeon and keep it off until my surgery (5 months).  

As for surgery nerves - that's normal.

Welcome to TTF Gladys!  Pre-surgery nerves are totally normal, but very soon you will be through your surgery and on your way to becoming a thin, healthy and more active person! :)

We are here to support and inform you on your weight loss surgery journey.  

Thank you. I’m so excited for the journey ahead. And thanks for the support. 

Welcome, Gladys :) I lost 14 pounds during my 14 day preop prep, now I'm sure a bit of that was water weight.  However, it is a great motivator getting on that scale just before your surgery, and should help you get passed those nervous jitters too ;)

Edited by Ladybugzzz86

Tomorrow's the day for you, @Gladys - best of luck. I hope it goes really well for you. You're in for some very exciting times and a whole new life! :) 

How did your surgery go? Any tips for after surgery?also-I have never hea d of a mini bypass, what is that?

Hi everyone surgery is tomorrow. I’m very excited. Will update you once I’m awake. @Anita62 It’s meant to be similar to the bypass but they do less cuts. And only attach your new pouch to one part of your intestine instead of two. 

We'll be thinking of you tomorrow Gladys - report back when you can. 

Have a safe trip to the losers bench.

Good luck tomorrow! Here's to a speedy recovery :) And if things get tough just remember that it will get better - Take it one day at a time and you will be well on your way to a happier healthier life :D

Best wishes for tomorrow!

Hi everyone I’m out of surgery. I felt really sick yesterday but much better today and keeping my liquids down 

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

Hi everyone I’m out of surgery. I felt really sick yesterday but much better today and keeping my liquids down 

Great news!!!  :)

Welcome to the losers bench!!!

On March 23, 2018 at 4:26 AM, Gladys said:

How long was your hospitalization? I'm glad to hear you are feeling better!

On 3/23/2018 at 2:26 AM, Gladys said:

Welcome to the losers bench Gladys!