CheeringCJ

Hello, my friends.....

It's been a while since I have been able to post here.  All is well but busy.  Here's the good news: my husband got a job after being out of work for 7 months! It is his dream job and he is fabulously happy. He also has gotten his newly diabetes under control and lost 20# to boot (which puts him about where he should be weight wise) so he is healthy and happy and that makes me happy :) 

As for me, I am in a forever stall.  I've been up and down the same 3# for about 2 wks! I went down Saturday and thought it was my losing time (which is typical of my cycle) but then it went back up Sunday....what?!?!?  Oh well, I am not stressing over it.  I do go tonight to my first support group meeting for WLS patients.  

I am in a real crossroads with my clothing....I need to sort through my closet (which was my job over the weekend but I never got to it) but it will be hours of trying things on and organizing them.  I know, not a problem I would whine about to someone that is heavy and can't lose weight....so I just keep thinking "at least I HAVE to do this bc I lost so much weight!" :D

I came here to post and the last post I was writing popped up unfinished....and it was from the beginning of March to get the updates from the NNs and then I went in search of a new name for us (instead of newbies) but there are very few N adjectives and I didn't find one so I never got back to post it!   Also I have my 4 mo post to do and pics to post so I will try to catch up eventually.

I do manage to check in each day and read your posts, just haven't had time to respond or post back.  We have survived our 2 Nor'easters (despite trees down all over and a super heavy 9-10" of snow last week that brought the electric lines down on my street!  We are having our 3rd today and it looks like we dodged the bullet and are sending the major snow up to you guys, @Kio, @BurgundyBoy, @NerdyToothpick and other New Englanders!  (sorry!)  But we got pummeled the last two times (I am sure you guys did too) and I am still sore from shoveling out the heavy snow they plow train delivered to our driveway/parking spaces! Good luck w/ your blizzard today, friends!

@CheeringCJ Great news re: job for husband and weight loss. You'll break through the stall at some point, no doubt just after You Abandon All Hope. 

Yesterday I refilled the bird feeders and made sure the snow blower started.... we only have about 8 inches (20 cm) of snow so far today, so maybe what you sent North won't be so very much of an addition...

Good news on your hubs and his job and weight loss! Good for him. Having a job after not having one for a long time is a REALLY good feeling!

Sorry you're in a stall - you'll pull out of it soon, I'm sure (probably tomorrow since posting that you're having a stall is the surest way to unstall). 

The great closet cleaning is a good way to focus your energy. Try on everything and laugh at how silly it looks so big, and donate it. 

Glad to hear things are going well with the hubby. Your stall will break soon I'm sure. I have been in one ever since I had to adjust my diet for more sodium. It is less of a stall and more of putting the breaks on but once my body finishes adjusting it will take off again I'm sure.

So thrilled your husband found a job, and a DREAM job at that! So cool! Don't worry too much about your stall. It will pass, especially now that the stress about your husband's job is gone. So glad you're surviving the weather.

I was beginning to worry about you, @CheeringCJ! I peeked at your profile and saw you had logged in recently, so I figured you were just busy with life, which it seems you were! Great news about your husband's job and his improved health. That has to be such a relief!

I hear you on the clothes. I've had a couple clothes funerals now, and sent 2 IKEA bags full of things off to consignment. It feels good, but also strange, to me. Random aside: sometimes I hold a new pair of my pants and they feel like they are just not mine. Like, these are someone else's pants. Someone smaller than me. It's a mind trip. 

Stalls can suck it, friend. :) Here's hoping it breaks soon. 

2 hours ago, AustinJ said:

Glad to hear things are going well with the hubby. Your stall will break soon I'm sure. I have been in one ever since I had to adjust my diet for more sodium. It is less of a stall and more of putting the breaks on but once my body finishes adjusting it will take off again I'm sure.

(and yours will break soon, just because you posted about it. Awesome progress!!)

Awesome news, CJ!!!! I am SO happy that your husband got not only a job but, his dream job. Hopefully it was worth all of the stress that he went through being unemployed. :)

Glad to know you are going to support groups. We have them monthly post op through my surgeon and I intend to take full advantage of it. Of course I still know that right here is where I will learn the most and get the most support.

Don't think for a minute that your absence was not noticed. I did notice that you had not been as active as normal. I normally don't get time to look through the entire forum when I am here so wasn't sure exactly how long it had been though.

Things sound like they are moving in a fabulous direction for your family and yourself. YAY!!!!!

Edited by Readytobeme

@CheeringCJ!!!  So glad to hear from you, and especially with such great news!  Jobs are hard to come by these days so finding his dream job must be making your hubby soooo happy (and you, too!) 

I just had my week of loss, and now I'm back to my monthly plateau... so I know how you feel.  I'm going to try not weighing tomorrow... but I have low expectations of my ability to pull that off!  :)  The good news is you know for fact you're not actually gaining weight - you're eating right!  So it's just your body playing with water, and that will pass (literally!). 

*HUG* 

So happy hubby has a job and one he likes.  That’s always a plus.

stalls; this too will pass:)

on a nice snowy day, closet cleaning would be a productive job:D.  

6 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

I do go tonight to my first support group meeting for WLS patients.  

I am in a real crossroads with my clothing....I need to sort through my closet (which was my job over the weekend but I never got to it) but it will be hours of trying things on and organizing them.  I know, not a problem I would whine about to someone that is heavy and can't lose weight....so I just keep thinking "at least I HAVE to do this bc I lost so much weight!" :D

I'm interested that you are going to a support group for WLS patients. Is anyone else doing that and is it helpful? I am still currently going to Weight Watcher meetings, as I find the meeting topics helpful (and I like weighing in where it "counts" only once per week) , but was wondering if I should switch. Let us know how you like it. And are there any others that go? 

And congratulations on the clothing crossroads! That's a NSV if I ever heard one! Trying on clothes that used to be too small should help in your stall doldrums too. 

As a newer newbie than you, I look at your stats, and think you are doing FANTASTIC! You've don't so much in the last 4 months!

I'm on day 13, and it seems like a long way to go....... But I'm not complaining. I have real hope for the first time in decades. SO GLAD I did it. 

Cheers, and enjoy the winter weather! (In Houston the flowers are already popping out. In a month it will be beastly hot. :))

Congrats to you hubs on the diabetes control, weight loss and dream job! How lovely that things worked out.

Crazy busy is just to be expected this time of year in the schools I should think. Don't forget to be good to your self and get that water in!!

I just blogged about my own clothes funeral. I actually really love purging my closet because it feels like a way for me to physically shed the old me and welcome a new me. Was it you CJ that posted that you didn't know what your style was? For me, it used to be 'create a style from the size 28/30 clothes you can find' so its a bit different now! @kristinwitha_k I did the same thing getting clothes out of the dryer! Mentally thinking they can't possibly fit when lo' and behold they do!

You, @Trish13 and I still need to get together once all this snow business has passed! I lucked out and flew south at the start of the week. I am DONE with the cold.

@Cindy Lou Who I attended one pre-surgery and one post-surgery. My surgeon's office requires you attend one as part of the surgery approval process and I found that really skewed the participants. There were not many post- wls so it really wasn't a support group. That being said, if they are free and you already know you enjoy the support group format, why not give it a go? I do wish mine was a better program as it would be so nice to have some local people to meet up with for some face-to-face support.

On 3/13/2018 at 12:47 PM, BurgundyBoy said:

@CheeringCJ Great news re: job for husband and weight loss. You'll break through the stall at some point, no doubt just after You Abandon All Hope. 

Yesterday I refilled the bird feeders and made sure the snow blower started.... we only have about 8 inches (20 cm) of snow so far today, so maybe what you sent North won't be so very much of an addition...

keep the gas in the snowblower....I saw on the news there is a 4th Nor'easter heading over next week! :unsure:

We lucked out yesterday, but we are still recovering from last week so it was a blessing!

23 minutes ago, CheeringCJ said:

keep the gas in the snowblower....I saw on the news there is a 4th Nor'easter heading over next week! :unsure:

We lucked out yesterday, but we are still recovering from last week so it was a blessing!

Staaaaahhhhp! 

We got over two feet yesterday.  I am done!!!!  I mean, sure, shoveling is great exercise... but enough is E-N-O-U-G-H!  I also spent quite a long time beating snow out of the evergreens overhanging the driveway, and cutting back branches so we could get the car out.  It was nutty out there!! 

image3.jpeg.5da8e6426fe881aa42d56efba72e4a87.jpegimage4.jpegimage2.jpeg.dfee2c82387c810da518427770bfb944.jpegimage5.jpeg.aec444338bbe6f3dae4f75719496388d.jpeg

Edited by Kio

13 minutes ago, CheeringCJ said:

Ugh. I measured 22" on my roof this morning, having gone out twice yesterday to snowblow the driveway out.... and we still had to shovel some this morning. (The roof measure is a minimum measure, since some blows off in the high winds, so I am guessing we got more than 2 feet).

I hate to think how hard this would have been before my weight loss, given my bad back and hips. Here's hoping you will be missed by next week's storm!

Edited by BurgundyBoy

On 3/13/2018 at 1:28 PM, Jen581791 said:

Good news on your hubs and his job and weight loss! Good for him. Having a job after not having one for a long time is a REALLY good feeling!

Sorry you're in a stall - you'll pull out of it soon, I'm sure (probably tomorrow since posting that you're having a stall is the surest way to unstall). 

The great closet cleaning is a good way to focus your energy. Try on everything and laugh at how silly it looks so big, and donate it. 

thanks, we are both pretty excited about it!  

I went down slightly yesterday but  I didn't want to trust it (as in I've been going up and down for weeks)...but today I went down for a 2nd day in a row, so that counts for me! :)

On 3/13/2018 at 2:13 PM, AustinJ said:

Thanks, so glad he is happy and healthy :)

I think I am breaking my stall, but I do get nervous that I have passed my big loss first 3 months... I know I will lose more but I have a feeling it will be slower. 

On 3/13/2018 at 2:21 PM, Gretta said:

So thrilled your husband found a job, and a DREAM job at that! So cool! Don't worry too much about your stall. It will pass, especially now that the stress about your husband's job is gone. So glad you're surviving the weather.

Yep, after a 7 month wait, he got his dream job and is just planning on being there until he retires! :)  

The weather is bringing us another of the same storms next week (for the 1st day of spring)....but they are thinking we won't get hit as bad as New England this time around....sorry, NE friends!

On 3/13/2018 at 3:57 PM, kristinwitha_k said:

I was beginning to worry about you, @CheeringCJ! I peeked at your profile and saw you had logged in recently, so I figured you were just busy with life, which it seems you were! Great news about your husband's job and his improved health. That has to be such a relief!

I hear you on the clothes. I've had a couple clothes funerals now, and sent 2 IKEA bags full of things off to consignment. It feels good, but also strange, to me. Random aside: sometimes I hold a new pair of my pants and they feel like they are just not mine. Like, these are someone else's pants. Someone smaller than me. It's a mind trip. 

Stalls can suck it, friend. :) Here's hoping it breaks soon. 

Thanks for your concern, my friend!  Yep, I stopped in each day, just had no time to post....when I do have time, I will fill you all in on how things are going!

I still haven't packed up the clothes....and the next two weekends I am swamped, so it will be a while.  I was desperate for a pair of pants to wear the other day and I pulled a pair out and checked the tag (16....some fit fine, some are snug) so I held it up and looked at the back of it and thought "oh these will never fit, they are so narrow"....but I tried them on and they DID fit, fine, not even a bit tight....so there you have it....a pair of pants I didn't even recognize as a pair that was mine or could fit me and viola they did!!!!  Gotta love that!

oh and my stall is coming to an end!

On 3/13/2018 at 4:46 PM, Readytobeme said:

Awesome news, CJ!!!! I am SO happy that your husband got not only a job but, his dream job. Hopefully it was worth all of the stress that he went through being unemployed. :)

Glad to know you are going to support groups. We have them monthly post op through my surgeon and I intend to take full advantage of it. Of course I still know that right here is where I will learn the most and get the most support.

Don't think for a minute that your absence was not noticed. I did notice that you had not been as active as normal. I normally don't get time to look through the entire forum when I am here so wasn't sure exactly how long it had been though.

Things sound like they are moving in a fabulous direction for your family and yourself. YAY!!!!!

Thanks, it was a little rough, but we have a strong faith and we just trusted God would bring us through it and seriously, He provided more than we even anticipated.  My husband was paid FULL pay for 6 months as part of his severance package (and they weren't taking out fees for his commuter passes since he wasn't going to work so the pay checks were even higher than they had been!) and FULL MEDICAL BENEFITS (which allowed me to get my surgery 100% paid for!!!! All I paid for for my surgery was $8 for the TV...which frankly I slept through and didn't watch a thing! ha!) plus he got paid thousands of dollars from his PTO acct, so financially we were well compensated but the stress of wondering how long we had to make that last was tough but so glad it is over! 

Thanks for thinking of me too.  I missed being here as often as I was.  Things are still crazy here so I don't know when I will get back more but I am trying.

I enjoyed my support meeting and will go back next month.  They have a free workout class for WLS pts every Wed night and I went to that too....I thought it would be easy but it whooped butt!  I am sore but glad I went.  The nice thing was the last 5 mins was meditation and she was telling us to pack up all our negative thoughts and all those ppl we can't stand and angry feelings etc and zip them in a backpack to throw in the ocean....well, I have no anger or bad feelings so I threw my backpack in empty, which is a great feeling!  I like the place I am in!  

On 3/13/2018 at 4:54 PM, Kio said:

@CheeringCJ!!!  So glad to hear from you, and especially with such great news!  Jobs are hard to come by these days so finding his dream job must be making your hubby soooo happy (and you, too!) 

I just had my week of loss, and now I'm back to my monthly plateau... so I know how you feel.  I'm going to try not weighing tomorrow... but I have low expectations of my ability to pull that off!  :)  The good news is you know for fact you're not actually gaining weight - you're eating right!  So it's just your body playing with water, and that will pass (literally!). 

*HUG* 

those darned monthlies!  Mine have been a mess since my surgery!  I am so over it.....be done already!  I am 51, time to stop :)

how did you do NOT weighing,...were you able to?

19 hours ago, Kio said:

Staaaaahhhhp! 

We got over two feet yesterday.  I am done!!!!  I mean, sure, shoveling is great exercise... but enough is E-N-O-U-G-H!  I also spent quite a long time beating snow out of the evergreens overhanging the driveway, and cutting back branches so we could get the car out.  It was nutty out there!! 

image3.jpeg.5da8e6426fe881aa42d56efba72e4a87.jpegimage4.jpegimage2.jpeg.dfee2c82387c810da518427770bfb944.jpegimage5.jpeg.aec444338bbe6f3dae4f75719496388d.jpeg

I know it is a pain to clean up but it always looks so lovely! I am a snow girl at heart and even though my shoulders are breaking last week I was still loving being out in the snow shoveling!  Your pics are what ours looked like too....very heavy on the trees....very thick and heavy.  It took days to melt off the roofs!

On 3/13/2018 at 7:06 PM, Cheesehead said:

So happy hubby has a job and one he likes.  That’s always a plus.

stalls; this too will pass:)

on a nice snowy day, closet cleaning would be a productive job:D.  

yes, Cheesehead, we'd have been glad to just have him get a job (settle) but to get one he wants (they created it for him so they wanted him just as much!)

my stall is passing and I prefer spring to come but than I wouldn't want to be inside cleaning closets so, yes, maybe another snow day would be helpful!

On 3/13/2018 at 7:10 PM, Cindy Lou Who said:

I'm interested that you are going to a support group for WLS patients. Is anyone else doing that and is it helpful? I am still currently going to Weight Watcher meetings, as I find the meeting topics helpful (and I like weighing in where it "counts" only once per week) , but was wondering if I should switch. Let us know how you like it. And are there any others that go? 

And congratulations on the clothing crossroads! That's a NSV if I ever heard one! Trying on clothes that used to be too small should help in your stall doldrums too. 

As a newer newbie than you, I look at your stats, and think you are doing FANTASTIC! You've don't so much in the last 4 months!

I'm on day 13, and it seems like a long way to go....... But I'm not complaining. I have real hope for the first time in decades. SO GLAD I did it. 

Cheers, and enjoy the winter weather! (In Houston the flowers are already popping out. In a month it will be beastly hot. :))

I enjoyed the support group...granted I get my support and info from here but once a month it is nice to see ppl in person. I will go back again.

Trying on the clothes I wore in the Fall would be a great idea to help me not get discouraged, thanks!

Thanks for the compliments, you will do well too....as long as you follow the plan, you can't help but lose :)  And I too and SOOOO GLAD I did it....only regret? I didn't do it sooner!!!

On 3/14/2018 at 8:43 AM, CurvyMermaid said:

Congrats to you hubs on the diabetes control, weight loss and dream job! How lovely that things worked out.

Crazy busy is just to be expected this time of year in the schools I should think. Don't forget to be good to your self and get that water in!!

I just blogged about my own clothes funeral. I actually really love purging my closet because it feels like a way for me to physically shed the old me and welcome a new me. Was it you CJ that posted that you didn't know what your style was? For me, it used to be 'create a style from the size 28/30 clothes you can find' so its a bit different now! @kristinwitha_k I did the same thing getting clothes out of the dryer! Mentally thinking they can't possibly fit when lo' and behold they do!

You, @Trish13 and I still need to get together once all this snow business has passed! I lucked out and flew south at the start of the week. I am DONE with the cold.

@Cindy Lou Who I attended one pre-surgery and one post-surgery. My surgeon's office requires you attend one as part of the surgery approval process and I found that really skewed the participants. There were not many post- wls so it really wasn't a support group. That being said, if they are free and you already know you enjoy the support group format, why not give it a go? I do wish mine was a better program as it would be so nice to have some local people to meet up with for some face-to-face support.

Crazy busy seems to go w/ the school calendar which is why I love summer!!! ;) 

And yes, it was me....the pathetic one w/ NO style. I am loving clothes again. I bought a suit last week and wore stockings and heels....it felt so good! I bought rain boots yesterday and I have wanted them forever but they didn't fit my calves!