Some of you may have heard of a shooting at the Pathway Home In Yountville, CA. Three people were murdered and one of those people was my grad school classmate. Christine was a lovely woman who truly cared about disenfranchised people and had a passion for working with veterans. 

I’m a bit of a mess and need to take some time to breathe. I’ll be away for a few days. On a positive note, pre op me would have consoled herself with food. That hasn’t been a place I have gone and I have no desire to go there again. 

Tell everyone in your life that you love them. Much love and hope to all of you. 

Edited by NerdyToothpick

@NerdyToothpick So sorry to hear about your friend. Prayers going to you and her family.

So sad :(  Big hugz to you @NerdyToothpick

Nerdy - my heart goes out to you on the death of your friend.  

So sorry for your tragic loss. Hugs.

I'm so sorry, @NerdyToothpick. Take care of yourself. 

I'm so sorry to hear such sad news about your friend. Such a tragic situation and a horrible loss. Take some time to feel your feelings and deal with what you need to :wub:

2 hours ago, NerdyToothpick said:

Some of you may have heard of a shooting at the Pathway Home In Yountville, CA. Three people were murdered and one of those people was my grad school classmate. Christine was a lovely woman who truly cared about disenfranchised people and had a passion for working with veterans. 

I’m a bit of a mess and need to take some time to breathe. I’ll be away for a few days. On a positive note, pre op me would have consoled herself with food. That hasn’t been a place I have gone and I have no desire to go there again. 

Tell everyone in your life that you love them. Much love and hope to all of you. 

This morning over coffee and newspapers with my wife we talked about how senseless this was. 

Condolences, so sorry...

Prayers to you and your friend and everyone effected by the shooting at the Pathway Home .

So very sorry for your loss. Condolences to you and to your friends family.

OH Nerdy, I'm so so very sorry to hear this. I'm so sorry for your loss. I love you and I'm praying for you, your friend and her family. I'm here if you need an ear, and remember I've got big shoulders. 

:(♥️

So sorry to hear of your loss!

So sorry about your loss. Take good care of yourself. Hug yourself from us. 

So sorry ...hugs across the miles 

Thanks everyone. I mean it quite sincerely. I don’t want to make this about me. Three women who worked to support those in need are gone. One of the women was pregnant. My heart aches for their families.

Some Social Work school friends and I will be getting together next week to remember the good times. I don’t want to forget the positive energy our friend radiated into this world.

If anyone would like to read about Christine, the Boston Globe did a nice piece on her. https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2018/03/10/hostage-killed-california-veterans-home-has-ties-boston/6RknZtVLYMaLV8rZxIUgjI/amp.html

I am just angry about this. What a waste of a beautiful spirit! I do not even know what to say. I deal with many people in the recovery community and as painful and senseless as those losses can feel, this kind of thing tips the world on it's axis for me. I hope you can hold your loved ones close to you and find some comfort in that.

Thank you for posting the link, Lynda ♥️ God bless everyone involved 

I am beyond sorry to read and hear about this - she sounds like a truly lovely person. 

I am so very saddened by these senseless deaths. They make me realize just how precious life is. 

Hi everyone! I’m hanging in here trying to stay healthy. Mostly succeeding, although I do have a hankering for a toffee bar. 

Frankly, I’ve been quiet because I’m angry. Angry. I’m angry and I want to be a positive force in this world, so I’m taking time to heal. I think of all of you fondly and I hope you are all doing well. I’ll be slowly dipping my toes back on TTF. 

Much love to you all. 

Much love to YOU. Feeling anger is certainly valid. Hugs.

I share your anger even though I did not know any of the victims.  We are always here for you. 

I'm late to this, but I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. I know this was a big shakeup for social workers across the country. Anger is a completely understandable reaction. I'm also angry. 

On 3/23/2018 at 3:45 PM, Cardamom77 said:

I'm late to this, but I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. I know this was a big shakeup for social workers across the country. Anger is a completely understandable reaction. I'm also angry. 

@Cardamom77 First off, I have been thinking about you everyday. I’m a SAHM right now but I will forever be a social worker. My heart is with you and your coworkers. My SW friends are quite rattled  I guess that goes without saying. 

Much love. 

On 3/23/2018 at 3:45 PM, Cardamom77 said:

@Cardamom77 First off, I have been thinking about you everyday. I’m a SAHM right now but I will forever be a social worker. My heart is with you and your coworkers. My SW friends are quite rattled  I guess that goes without saying. 

Much love.