NerdyToothpick

NyQuil is the devil

I have the flu and feel awful. I took NyQuil so I could get some extra sleep today. Not only did I sleep but I managed to groggily eat about two cups of soy ice cream! It’s one of the few sweets we have in the house and I *thought* it had little appeal to me. 

Food addiction is real. I’m not upset at myself. It’s life. I’m more annoyed than anything. giphy.gif

Sending gentle hugs and love, @NerdyToothpick ❤️❤️❤️ I hope you get through the worst of it soon. I’m glad you’re not mad at yourself :) It’s all the NyQuil’s fault anyway!!! I’m sending you a virtual bowl of homemade chicken soup, a warm blanket, some Puffs tissues and pleasant dreams ❤️

Awwww feel better soon sweetie!

:( Take care of yourself. Two cups of soy ice cream will not change the course of history. As long as it doesn't lead to four cups and then eight cups...

If you aren’t feeling good, you probably aren’t eating much either?  And maybe it felt good to have something cold?  Hope you feel better!

Don't beat yourself up, Nerdy. I have a horrible cold right now. I am different than most people in that I get hungry when I am sick. I am on the optifast diet so couldn't eat. I didn't cheat but if I ever was going to, it would have been the past few days. It was pretty miserable not being able to eat. I did have a few SF popsicles though.

BTW- You may want to consider getting the flu shot each year. It can be very nasty and land people in the hospital or worse. Also, I have heard that Theraflu is great for the flu. I am not sure what the ingredients are so you may want to check it out.

(((Hugs))) from a very long distance ;)

@NerdyToothpick sorry you are not feeling well. I agree with Jen and Cheesehead as long as it doesn't turn into 4,6,or you will be fine and something cold probably felt better on your throat. Hope you feel better soon.

Nyquil is like 50% alcohol though, right?  And your tolerance is lowered after surgery, so...clearly you were drunk!  ;) 

I'm glad you're not too worried about it. Treats are going to happen.  As long as there's not a constant flow of them, I don't see a problem.  I hope you feel better soon!!

2 cups of soy ice cream isn't the end of the world Nerdy although I'm surprised you haven't has any ill effects.  

My DH enjoys some SO Chocolate Velvet occasionally and I checked the label.  2 cups contains 56g sugars.  That would have had me enjoying some quality time in the bathroom for sure!  LOL!

31 minutes ago, Kio said:

Nyquil is like 50% alcohol though, right?  .....

It does contain alcohol at 10% which works out to be 1/2 teaspoon of alcohol in the recommended 30ml dose.  It's more likely the doxylamine succinate 12.5 mg (antihistamine) - that's widely available as a sleep aid.

I agree with Kio, drunk munchies for sure :lol:

On a more serious note, good for you for admitting to it, and realizing that it can be a slippery slope. I feel like not beating yourself up over it really is key as well, as it tends to just feed the shame/guilt cycle... So give yourself a pat on the back because that is huge progress my friend :)

Now let's just hope you don't get the poops from it :huh::lol:

If that's the worst you did in a NyQuil induced stupor, you probably got off easy! :D Take care of yourself and gets lots of rest and fluids today!