mmb5370

3 y3ats post op

hello

I was 3 years post op gastric bypass when  I had to have a ewcwersal.  I was very ill and was o a fwwding tube, down to 97 pounds.  now, 8 months later i find ot ai have a giant hernia in mu upper abdomen.  SO now I have to have more surgery.  I am not happy.  its a complication of the reversal.  has anyone else had all these problems and/or complications?  im getting very frutrated. on top of that i have gained back 40 pounds and i dont eat much.  I vomit.  Any advice?

So sorry you are going through all this!  It seems like you are having way more complications than is typical for sure.  I count myself very lucky not to have had any and I hope you find some resolution soon! 

On 3/7/2018 at 10:14 AM, mmb5370 said:

hello

I was 3 years post op gastric bypass when  I had to have a ewcwersal.  I was very ill and was o a fwwding tube, down to 97 pounds.  now, 8 months later i find ot ai have a giant hernia in mu upper abdomen.  SO now I have to have more surgery.  I am not happy.  its a complication of the reversal.  has anyone else had all these problems and/or complications?  im getting very frutrated. on top of that i have gained back 40 pounds and i dont eat much.  I vomit.  Any advice?

Hey there, I am so sorry to hear about your troubles! I can not blame you for feeling frustrated after everything you have experienced. I understand you are unable to eat much, but do you track your food intake? My concern is that you may not be getting enough protein, which could cause fluids to shift around in your body - basically causing weight gain in fluids alone as your body tries to adjust. Especially where you have another surgery coming up, it would be good to be at your best to help aid your recovery time. 

I can't say I share your experience, I had different post op complications. However, I would like to recommend @ktallon to shoutout to you here, I think she might be able to give you some advice because of her experiences also. Wishing you the best of luck in getting your health back on track, and please keep in touch and let us know how everything goes. :)

I had a lot of complications after my sleeve surgery last year i was so malnourished i was unable to keep anything food or fluids down. I was on picc lines and feeding tubes. When you are on those (even if for just supplemental feedings or fluids) you will tend to gain weight (the purpose of tube feed is to maintain or make you gain). It does become frustrating i know i just had my revision to roux en y on 1/29 of this year (exactly 7 days before my 1 year sleeve anniversary). I had a large hernia repair done when i had my revision (caused by excessive vomiting). I know things probably seem very bleak right now but it does get better. I learned i had to have faith especially that my surgeon knew what was best (my revision was cancelled 5 times). If you want to talk more you can feel free to message me. I truely understand what you are going through and the amout of frustration that comes along with it.