Tina1965

Buddy needed! I'm in Memphis

Doesn't really matter if you're in Memphis, just thought I'd throw that out there.  I've completed my 6 months of supervised diet.  I have the stress test and psych eval coming up this month.  I'm so excited and impatient!  I've been off sugar for six days and already feel much better.  I'm a sugar addict!  I'm trying to take the advice I've read over and over and get good food habits started NOW so that I won't have as hard a time after surgery.  I've read so much on this forum and it's been so helpful.  I'm very grateful for all of you who take the time to answer our questions and share your own experiences.  I have type 2 diabetes, high bp, cholesterol and my kidneys are down to 20% functionality.  If I don't do something I will be on dialysis soon.  I told my nephrologist that I was having weight loss surgery and he said that would be very good for me.  I can't wait to kick the meds and be healthier!! 

I'd like to find someone that I can go to for support/questions.  Appreciate you taking time to read this!

Hi Tina!  Welcome to TT and congratulations on your upcoming surgery and completing the 6 month supervised diet. I have family in West Memphis and Marion. Small world.

I don't know what I would have done without the support I have found here. You can message me anytime. Good luck on your journey

Congrats on starting your journey! :) You're absolutely right to start building new habits now. Getting rid of sugar is probably the best first step: it'll make the other ones easier, and it'll have a huge impact on your overall health!