My name is April. I am 40 years old. I joined this forum a little over a year ago. I went to 4 of my scheduled weight loss classes and missed last May's, so I have to start all over. I have anxiety and depression and it makes appointments very difficult. 

I go to my mobility class next week. 

3 hours ago, NocaLove said:

My name is April. I am 40 years old. I joined this forum a little over a year ago. I went to 4 of my scheduled weight loss classes and missed last May's, so I have to start all over. I have anxiety and depression and it makes appointments very difficult. 

Nocalove - Hope this time with us cheering you on, you'll make all of your classes! 
We get it - anxiety and depression are part and parcel of the burdens we have in life. 

@NocaLove - Maybe the timing will be better for you this go around. Way to get back on the horse. That's already a great start :) 

Welcome back to the forum April.

I'm sorry that you've had a bump in the road and have to start your programme again.

Welcome back April :)

I'm sorry that when you miss one class you have to start all over again!

9 hours ago, NocaLove said:

Hey April!! I too have very bad depression and anxiety. It makes it sometimes feel impossible to leave the house, let alone go sit in a class full of strangers. I can tell you from experience to try to keep your head up. Going to those classes may make you feel like you have at least accomplished a small milestone. I think about my health and how I will feel missing those appointments. It feels a lot worse when I back out. You can do this!! I know your brain sometimes says you can't, but you have got this! Keep moving forward. 

Welcome. You are braver than you know. 

On 3/3/2018 at 5:20 AM, NocaLove said:

Hi @NocaLove Welcome to the forum!

I understand the challenges mental health issues create in our lives. I am bipolar and know how depression and anxiety can make trick you into thinking that life is bleak. 

Keep coming back to the forum. There are several of us here with mental health issues. I’m of the mindset that none of us should be ashamed of our struggles. WLS won’t make mental health concerns disappear but getting healthy will motivate you to live a happier life. 

All my best to you!

9 hours ago, NerdyToothpick said:

Hi @NocaLove Welcome to the forum!

I understand the challenges mental health issues create in our lives. I am bipolar and know how depression and anxiety can make trick you into thinking that life is bleak. 

Keep coming back to the forum. There are several of us here with mental health issues. I’m of the mindset that none of us should be ashamed of our struggles. WLS won’t make mental health concerns disappear but getting healthy will motivate you to live a happier life. 

All my best to you!

Welcome, @NocaLove :) Nice to have you here!

Im also bipolar, like @NerdyToothpick, and I have suffered with agoraphobia for the past 10 years. I can relate to you more than you know. Come here for support with your WLS stuff...trust me when I say that you will be happier than you can imagine by keeping your appointments and getting your surgery done. The surgery will not make the mental health stuff go away, like Nerdy said, but it makes dealing with other aspects of your health and life so much easier to deal with. There is a lot of support, friendship and love here. Stay with us this time :) 

Welcome, @NocaLove Congratulations on getting back on track. Hopefully our support will help to keep you moving forward. :)

Excellent job @NocaLove!  You've got this!!!

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 3:15 AM, NocaLove said:

I did it! I made it through my first WLC! I am a bit overwhelmed but I CAN do this! 

How are you doing?

I was surprised I lost 4 lbs on my own. I have worked out once. I was told to start working out 3 times X 20 min a week. 

Congrats on the 4 lbs lost !!  So you had to start over the 6 month pre surgery? Where are you at now with it?

I go to my 2nd weight loss class in April. Yes, I had to start over. I missed one class last year, and had to start over. 

9 hours ago, NocaLove said:

I go to my 2nd weight loss class in April. Yes, I had to start over. I missed one class last year, and had to start over. 

That really sucks!!! But @NocaLove...stick with it this time!!! You'll be so glad you did ❤️:)

12 hours ago, NocaLove said:

I had a similar situation happen to me. I was very annoyed at first but, the extra time was truly needed in my case. I ended up being very glad to have it.

The time will fly by and you will be having surgery before you even know it.