nickie2524

Favorite Protein Shake

Any recommendations on protein shake that taste good?  i start my pre-op liquid diet in one week.

Premier Protein shakes(especially the chocolate flavor) - available at Walgreens and Costco.  Quite tasty.

81uW3X-lPQL._SL1500_.jpg

I second premier protein

Welcome to Thinner Times Nickie!

Difficulty is that it's not uncommon for our tastes to change after WLS so anything you try before your revision, you may hate post-op so don't stock up.

Having said that, one I liked both pre and post-op was Syntrax Nectar but I only drink the shake type flavours and not the fruity ones - I find them to be too sweet post-op.

I third the Premiere Protein chocolate!

I like the Premier shakes, and the Atkins as well (chocolate for both, lol). I like the taste of the Atkins a little better, but Premier have twice the protein.

I like Premier caramel and chocolate the best.

Syntrax for me (vanilla, strawberry, and chocolate, plus a few of the fruity ones - there are also coffee flavored ones, like caramel macchiato). 

Premier is OK, but I can't get them where I live. It's got convenience going for it, for sure, although I prefer the flavor of Sytrax.

When I was pre-op, I went to the Vitamin Shoppe and bought single serve packets of a few different brands to road test them. There were a few brands that were OK. I believe that they will usually mix you up a shake of a brand you'd like to test so you can see if you like it before you commit to a 2lb container. 

Muscle Milk tastes totally disgusting to me. It's the worst one I've tried. 

All that said, it seems that everyone's tastes are different, and many people's tastes change after surgery, as well, so don't buy a cargo container full!

Thanks everyone! Sound like Premier and Sytrax will be my first trial.

if you're wanting to save $, getting the powder and mixing it yourself is cheaper.  I use the electric blender for mine and add ice also so it is more frothy and milkshake like but it also adds extra air so if you're not tolerating that well, don't worry about adding the ice.  I actually get my protein powder from Aldis and it is 13.99 for a 2# container (choc or vanilla) and is pretty good and has 30gm protein!  

Hi. I like GNC ready to drink shakes. I have tried several different powders from GNC and they are gross! Lol! I seem to have better luck with the pre-mixed ones. When I first had surgery I tried sooo many different types of the pre-made ones. It is all about individual taste. With the GNC brand I bought a container of the orange cremesicle (sp?) the powder, couldn't stand it, GNC. I also like the ready to drink because they are easy for on the go. Good luck!