I was approved for the overstitch procedure and will be having my surgery 3/20.  I am wondering if anyone has had experiences they'd like to share.  I have read that it doesn't have a high rate of success?  I hope I made the right decision.

RNY 2006 at 292

Lowest weight 200

Current 280

I'm going to apologise in advance that my post will likely come across as judgemental. I can't help that really as I prefer to not waste words sugar coating. While I didn't have overstich I have had a revision necessitated by scar tissue and staple line dehiscence. I had actually regained all the weight I lost and probably more. I don't really know for sure because my original surgery was so long ago and I doubt I ever stood on scales back then.

So far my revision has been far more successful and I've actually achieve a healthy BMI for the first time in my life. I know now that the only way it will stay that way is with a complete and lifelong change of eating pattern. I fully accept responsibility for each and every weightloss and weigh regain that has happened in my life. Every time I went back to a carb heavy diet I regained. I'm not saying you are one of these people....I can't know that....but everyone I know that has gone into WLS believing that reduced capacity to eat will fix their problems and they can eat things they always have just in smaller amounts, has not achieved their goal weight and has in fact regained after significant losses. We can't rely on surgery alone to do the job, we have to change our choices and be vigilant in choosing to consume a healthier diet than we had when we were obese. I suspect all revisions have the chance of great success if we follow the plan. My surgeon for many reasons rarely does revisions, for many they just don't work. But they don't work because people don't change their lifestyles long term. Only you can evaluate why you never reached goal and why you have regained. Be honest with yourself. If you let diet slip, let carbs back in etc, then admit it to yourself. You don't have to tell anyone else. If you are going to put yourself through another surgery then you owe it to yourself to be honest in your analysis of why things turned around again after your first surgery.

I wish you all the luck in the world when it comes to your revision. View it as the second chance it is. Work it and it should work with you.

I had a revision in late May and have lost 20 pounds in 7 weeks. The inches are coming off too- 6 inches off waist, 2 in off thighs, hips and arms. What is your progress since March?