kristinwitha_k

Talk to me about Body Pump

On 3/1/2018 at 6:38 AM, Boho Rosy said:

About 5 or 6 years ago, when I was living in NYC, I had a lot of friends who were gym-obsessed. One of them was trying to motivate me to work out, and in doing so, he said "Will everyone be staring at you because you're the most overweight person in the gym? Yes. But you should go anyway." Needless to say, it was not an effective strategy, and I pretty much wrote off the gym for the rest of my life. Getting back in there has been a huge hurdle to surpass, mostly because his comment replays in my mind and convinces me that everyone is staring at me. I find that in Baltimore, it's much more common to see people of varied shapes and sizes at the gym. That's been helpful, but going into a class has continued to freak me out. I'll do it though, because I told you that I would!

The gym in my neighborhood has all shapes and sizes and normally I don't think anyone is looking at anyone else. But last night I openly stared at someone. A woman who was walking on the treadmill. She was walking maybe 2.5 mph. She had on skinny jeans and was eating chips. She wasn't even trying to be stealth - just holding the bag in one hand and eating the chips one at a time with the other.