Lankyliz

Chronic constipation

Lovely subject I know....... have tried everything eating 600 cal a day and no weight loss in two weeks ..no  bpwel action either feel like humpty dumpt<_<y. .....

3 hours ago, Lankyliz said:

Lovely subject I know....... have tried everything eating 600 cal a day and no weight loss in two weeks ..no  bpwel action either feel like humpty dumpt<_<y. .....

There are tons of threads on constipation here, because it is a very common issue. Use the search function and just type in constipation. You will soon see after reading through the threads that everyone is different in what works for them. You will have to be aggressive, quickly, about trying some things and seeing what works.

That being said, the number one problem is usually that you aren't getting enough water in. What does your fluid intake in a day look like? We almost all have the same 64 oz/ 2 L daily minimum requirement, but my bowels are happiest when I'm getting close to 96 oz / 3 L a day.

Edited by Michael_A

Will try and up the fluids getting 2l will sip sip sip .

2 hours ago, Lankyliz said:

Will try and up the fluids getting 2l will sip sip sip .

If it goes very much longer without a BM then you should definitely contact your surgeon and see what they say. This early out, not getting a ton of food, you may require the help of a "blowout" type laxative, if you're not having any desire to at all to go. 

4 hours ago, Lankyliz said:

No BM in two weeks? I would for sure contact your surgeon or family doctor about this... Getting more water will certainly help. Are you still on the liquid stage of your diet? 

I took 2 chewable fiber tablets, 2 stool softeners and probiotics the first couple years.  When that failed I used smooth move tea.  And if that didn’t work I used MOM.  

Increase your consumption of liquids and, if that does not work, then try milk of magnesia.  

I used a daily stool softener and polyethylene glycol 3350 like Miralax or cheaper generic like Walmart's Equate ClearLAX, Walgreens Walgreens Smooth Lax, Kirkland LaxaClear).  It's a powder that can be added to any drink - very effective without any of the usual cramping but it can take a couple of days to work.  I was on that regime for a good year post-op and still resort to it occasionally.

Above all, you have to up your fluids Liz.

Slight result today woo hoo 

Congratulations Liz - every little helps!  LOL!