newme88

citrus fruits?

Hey all! I will be 5 weeks post op tomorrow, which means Im back to regular foods!! YAY!!! I started eating some citrus fruits during my soft stage (lemons..for nausea, grapefruit and oranges). Has anyone ever had any issues after eating them? Specifically towards BMs  (sorry) Im about to tell my boss I need to go work from home because I have to keep running to the bathroom. 

I can't help - sorry.  My programme didn't allow for raw fruits or vegetables until 12 weeks post-op (I had a RNY but in checking with others on my programme who had the VSG, they had the same food plan).

VSG here and I wasn't allowed any raw fruits or veggies for 8 weeks.  It probably would be best to back off the fruit awhile and see if that helps.

I agree with the above comments, I still can't do most of my soft foods without complications, such as BM problems. Take your time, and perhaps try some foods less fibrous? I wasn't allowed soft foods until 8 weeks post op vsg. Regular foods, 14 weeks. Just be careful not to swing to the other end of the spectrum either, that is never fun lol. 

I echo the above advice perhaps back off for now.  On my plan i am not allowed to have raw fruits and veggies until 3 months out.