CheeringCJ

Ladybugzzz.....

3 hours ago, Ladybugzzz86 said:

Hey cinwa, I did tell my surgeon - he wasn't too concerned but I kind of pressed the issue with him since I feel like I have had it too long. I always thought my overeating maybe stretched my stomach causing the pain in the past, but where I know that is no longer an issue, if it ever was to begin with, I really want it looked into now. He booked me for an endoscope in three months... I hope they find the culprit. 

Sounds like a colonoscopy might be more the key to getting an answer. I guess it just depends on exactly where the pain is. Mine is definitely lower in the abdomen. One spot is definitely more pelvic than abdominal.

@Ladybugzzz86 At this stage in your post surgery, I’d go easy on the carbs. Both @Nana Trish and I are T2 diabetics in remission. We both eat very low carb and are off all our diabetes meds. Maybe lowering your carbs would help your weight loss and put your diabetes in remission? It’s a win win. :)

34 minutes ago, NerdyToothpick said:

@Ladybugzzz86 At this stage in your post surgery, I’d go easy on the carbs. Both @Nana Trish and I are T2 diabetics in remission. We both eat very low carb and are off all our diabetes meds. Maybe lowering your carbs would help your weight loss and put your diabetes in remission? It’s a win win. :)

Yes to all of that ❤️ That @NerdyToothpick is one smart “cookie” :wub:

3 hours ago, Nana Trish said:

Yes to all of that ❤️ That @NerdyToothpick is one smart “cookie” :wub:

Mmmm... Cookie... Jk :P I totally agree with you guys, I think this will be key to my success. Today is my first successful day of keto. And second day at the gym, which for me, is a huge win. 

Hey @Aussie Bear, I'm sure that wouldn't hurt either. Mine is for sure stomach pain, but I do also get abdominal discomfort from time to time - but not as bad since I have cut out lactose and unhealthy foods. I will be sure to get it checked out in the near future though. 

Really appreciated all your advice guys :wub: 

Good job, @Ladybugzzz86 :) It's tough doing keto in the beginning, but once you get the carbs out of your system, the weight is going to start falling off, and the fat burn is crazy. And, of course, getting your diabetes into remission is the best thing of all! ❤️❤️❤️

You've got this, girlie :) 

@Ladybugzzz86....looks like you are doing great, but you should update your ticker soon.....you got tons more weight to slide your "ladybug" down towards your goal! I find it incredibly encouraging to see mine go down, down, down :) 

Not a bad idea @CheeringCJ, I always forget about it as I use my phone most of the time to come on here. Thanks for the encouragement! :)

@Nana Trish, you would be happy to hear I am still on keto :D and you are right, it does get easier. 

Edited by Ladybugzzz86

@Ladybugzzz86, I am happy to hear that, and I’m proud of you!! Keep up the great work! ❤️

On 3/8/2018 at 11:36 AM, Jen581791 said:

:lol::lol::lol: No, I think I know everything about everything - there's a difference! 

I don't do like really really keto, which is pretty hard for a semi-vegetarian, but I do pretty low carb, and did lower while losing. I find that it really makes my food cravings and hunger go away. I lost pretty fast, but no one knows enough about this process to be able to claim it was due to low carb or any other factor. Anyone who tells you different hasn't spent as much time as I have hunting down data. It's certainly worth a shot, and seeing how you do. Some people love, some people hate. 

While in active losing, I did about 800 calories per day (not much! but I wasn't hungry for more). Of that, between 40 and 50% was from fat (real keto is more like 75% fat!! :blink: Hence recipes called "fat bombs" on keto websites), 40% or so was protein, and the rest, usually around 10 - 15%, was carbs. That meant keeping my carbs under about 30g per day, while still getting 70 - 80g of protein.

Here's a couple of random pretty normal days from when I was about 3 - 6 months out. ***Edit: I promise I didn't eat Morningstar burgers every day for a year***

Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 7.22.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 7.35.14 PM.png

Looking to get your advice Jen, just want to make sure I'm on the right track. I am not comfortable doing more fat in my diet. I feel more comfortable with higher protein than fat. Net carbs 25 yesterday, and 13 today.

Screenshot_20180323-195712.png

Screenshot_20180323-195622.png

Edited by Ladybugzzz86
Net carbs added

@Ladybugzzz86 Keeping carbs at around 10-15% sounds pretty reasonable to me, and keeping protein higher than fat is probably fine, too. It's just hard for me because I don't eat meat! :) We've all got to find our balance.

6 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

@Ladybugzzz86 Keeping carbs at around 10-15% sounds pretty reasonable to me, and keeping protein higher than fat is probably fine, too. It's just hard for me because I don't eat meat! :) We've all got to find our balance.

Tyvm Jen, I appreciate the second set of eyes on this :D