CheeringCJ

Ladybugzzz.....

Recommended Posts

So, @Ladybugzzz86.....how are you doing?  (You may have posted an update and I didn't see it...sorry) but I was thinking about you and wondering how you're doing and if you went home yet or are still hanging out closer to the dr/hospital?  Did your pains from the clot ever subside?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Howdy CJ, still having a bit of a tough time sadly. I have my checkups on March 1st so I am hoping to have an update on the blood clot issue then, because these needles are turning me black and blue lol. I do still have pain in my abdomen, but thankfully not as bad as it first started. My instincts are telling me that the clot is still there, just because of the never ending pains, nausea, and vomiting. On the plus side, I am down two sizes, and finally have enough energy to incorporate some walking into my daily routine. 

So it is very much a balancing act for me right now, discovered I am for sure lactose intolerant , need to be careful with how I havey protein (when I can eat) as too much protein tends to give me a bit of an upset since getting my galbladder out. I miss the poor little thing :lol:. And have begun to cry too!! Just these past few days. I almost created a topic about it, but erased at the end - hoping the feelings would pass. They somewhat have... Its like the past few months just hit me like a ton of bricks, plus I was very lathargic and sick that day. Best recipe for a pity party, eh? :P Other than that, I am still at my parents just until I get to my next appointment, as I am starting to get awful homesick now. And am very happy to say I am down two sizes, being a total of 67 pounds since my operation. At a little stall now, but not worried about that one bit. I know as long as I stick to the program, it WILL work :)

Thanks so much for checking in! Always happy to hear from you and the gang here at TT :wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bugzzz, you MUST start taking enzymes now that your gallbladder is out. I promise you it will make all of the difference in the world on what food you are able to tolerate. Get and use the papaya enzymes after any meal containing fat. I use different ones but those should work too. The enzymes will also help you to absorb vitamins and nutrients.

You are going through the "hormone dump" that happens when we lose weight. We dump hormones along with the fat. So, don't despair. It all seems pretty normal (other than that nasty blood clot) to me.

 

Hang in there! Gentle (((hugs)))

Edited by Readytobeme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please read this when you have time. Very good info for anyone after gallbladder removal.

 

https://www.liverdoctor.com/things-you-must-know-you-dont-have-gallbladder/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Readytobeme said:

Bugzzz, you MUST start taking enzymes now that your gallbladder is out. I promise you it will make all of the difference in the world on what food you are able to tolerate. Get and use the papaya enzymes after any meal containing fat. I use different ones but those should work too. The enzymes will also help you to absorb vitamins and nutrients.

You are going through the "hormone dump" that happens when we lose weight. We dump hormones along with the fat. So, don't despair. It all seems pretty normal (other than that nasty blood clot) to me.

 

Hang in there! Gentle (((hugs)))

Thanks, @Readytobeme, very good info and I truly hope it will help. I am willing to try just about anything right now. Really appreciate the article too, good read and better than most the others I have been looking at. I remember you saying the papaya ones didn't work for you, what are you taking if you will share?

 

P.S. I was thinking that my emotions were caused by trauma/loss of coping skill, being the loss of the overeating. Hormone dump could for sure play a role as well.

Edited by Ladybugzzz86

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No problem at all, Lady. I am lazy and just copied this from elsewhere on the forum :D

 

I started using papaya enzyme after having my gall bladder removed. A few years later I started using something that woks even better for me. I use many natural and herbal products. They work and I am a true believer in them. I buy most of my supplements through Swansons. Have for years. In case anyone is interested, this is what I use.

https://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-ultra-maximum-strength-biocore-lipo-60-veg-caps

https://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-ultra-biocore-optimum-complete-ultimate-full-spectrum-enzymes-90-veg-caps

There were many things that I could not eat at all after gall bladder remover. Just like what some of you are saying, these foods would just sit in my stomach. Lack of good quality bile made it hard or impossible to digest them. The above enzymes changed all of that.

 

BTW- I take the full spectrum daily. I only use the lipo before heavy fat containing  meals.

Edited by Readytobeme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

((( @Ladybugzzz86 )))! So sorry to hear you're still not feeling well. Hearing about the tears made me so sad! I bet you can't wait to get home and start feeling like yourself again. Sending you gentle hugs. You're being such a champ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ladybugzzz86 said:

Howdy CJ, still having a bit of a tough time sadly. I have my checkups on March 1st so I am hoping to have an update on the blood clot issue then, because these needles are turning me black and blue lol. I do still have pain in my abdomen, but thankfully not as bad as it first started. My instincts are telling me that the clot is still there, just because of the never ending pains, nausea, and vomiting. On the plus side, I am down two sizes, and finally have enough energy to incorporate some walking into my daily routine. 

So it is very much a balancing act for me right now, discovered I am for sure lactose intolerant , need to be careful with how I havey protein (when I can eat) as too much protein tends to give me a bit of an upset since getting my galbladder out. I miss the poor little thing :lol:. And have begun to cry too!! Just these past few days. I almost created a topic about it, but erased at the end - hoping the feelings would pass. They somewhat have... Its like the past few months just hit me like a ton of bricks, plus I was very lathargic and sick that day. Best recipe for a pity party, eh? :P Other than that, I am still at my parents just until I get to my next appointment, as I am starting to get awful homesick now. And am very happy to say I am down two sizes, being a total of 67 pounds since my operation. At a little stall now, but not worried about that one bit. I know as long as I stick to the program, it WILL work :)

Thanks so much for checking in! Always happy to hear from you and the gang here at TT :wub:

sorry to hear it is still bothering you....and you've been through so much I can imagine there are times you want to cry!  do let us know how the appt goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Readytobeme said:

Please read this when you have time. Very good info for anyone after gallbladder removal.

 

https://www.liverdoctor.com/things-you-must-know-you-dont-have-gallbladder/

Thanks for giving this info! I had my gallbladder out when I was 12 (21 years ago), I didn't know any of this stuff, it's very helpful!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ParaSix66 said:

Thanks for giving this info! I had my gallbladder out when I was 12 (21 years ago), I didn't know any of this stuff, it's very helpful!

No problem at all. I try to spread the word as much as possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks @Readytobeme, I will try the papaya first and go from there ;). Tyvm for the hugs and kind words @CheeringCJ and @Gretta. I will for sure let you know how the appointments go. :) I am hoping for the best! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aw, I'm sorry you're having a rough time :(  I hope your appointment goes well and that you can stop sticking yourself with those needles soon. You're having a pretty tough introduction to this new life - I'm sorry it's coming accompanied by health worries, pain, and nausea. Sending a big hug.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big hugs right back at you, @Jen581791 :) . Overall I am doing OK though, have been blessed with a very supportive family and wife. And I hope that I get to say goodbye to those needles too! But they told it is a three month therapy, so might not get that lucky yet. One month down so far lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ladybugzzz86 said:

Big hugs right back at you, @Jen581791 :) . Overall I am doing OK though, have been blessed with a very supportive family and wife. And I hope that I get to say goodbye to those needles too! But they told it is a three month therapy, so might not get that lucky yet. One month down so far lol. 

I'm really glad you have a great support network. That's got to be so important.

Keep poking away at yourself until the three months is over, then - you'll be professional level by then, I suppose.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2018 at 1:52 PM, Ladybugzzz86 said:

Howdy CJ, still having a bit of a tough time sadly. I have my checkups on March 1st so I am hoping to have an update on the blood clot issue then, because these needles are turning me black and blue lol. I do still have pain in my abdomen, but thankfully not as bad as it first started. My instincts are telling me that the clot is still there, just because of the never ending pains, nausea, and vomiting. On the plus side, I am down two sizes, and finally have enough energy to incorporate some walking into my daily routine. 

So it is very much a balancing act for me right now, discovered I am for sure lactose intolerant , need to be careful with how I havey protein (when I can eat) as too much protein tends to give me a bit of an upset since getting my galbladder out. I miss the poor little thing :lol:. And have begun to cry too!! Just these past few days. I almost created a topic about it, but erased at the end - hoping the feelings would pass. They somewhat have... Its like the past few months just hit me like a ton of bricks, plus I was very lathargic and sick that day. Best recipe for a pity party, eh? :P Other than that, I am still at my parents just until I get to my next appointment, as I am starting to get awful homesick now. And am very happy to say I am down two sizes, being a total of 67 pounds since my operation. At a little stall now, but not worried about that one bit. I know as long as I stick to the program, it WILL work :)

Thanks so much for checking in! Always happy to hear from you and the gang here at TT :wub:

Oh @Ladybugzzz86! I’m sorry to hear of your woes. I hope you are being kind (!!) and patience with yourself. 

For what it’s worth, I was very emotional after the surgery. I cried all the time and tried to write about it, but deleted my post. In retrospect, I wish I had kept those posts, tears rolling and all. I think I could have used the support from folks on the forum. We will hold your hand and dry your tears. 

Like you, I was far away from my home and I missed my routine. It was hard having my husband 3,000 miles away, while I recuperated with mom and dad. I get the emotions. We all do.

Hugs from me and my cat. xo 

Edited by NerdyToothpick
Stupid autocorrect!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks so much for that @NerdyToothpick. I am very sorry that you had to go through that, but at the same time, knowing I am not alone with this experience, really helped me. You kinda tugged on my heartstrings with that one :eek: no lie. I will make this promise to you and myself, the next time I am feeling down, I will reach out on here. I have always tried to be strong for those around me, that it makes me very uncomfortable to show my own emotions and deal with them when they are anything but positive. This, however, had more than likely contributed to my own determent, causing me to loose control of my own life through food abuse. 

I think I just had an aha moment there :blink: . I know I am still very new on this journey, and I still have much to learn. I guess we all have to start somewhere. Hugs right back to you and your cat, from me and my cats, chickens and degus :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ladybugzzz86 said:

Thanks so much for that @NerdyToothpick. I am very sorry that you had to go through that, but at the same time, knowing I am not alone with this experience, really helped me. You kinda tugged on my heartstrings with that one :eek: no lie. I will make this promise to you and myself, the next time I am feeling down, I will reach out on here. I have always tried to be strong for those around me, that it makes me very uncomfortable to show my own emotions and deal with them when they are anything but positive. This, however, had more than likely contributed to my own determent, causing me to loose control of my own life through food abuse. 

I think I just had an aha moment there :blink: . I know I am still very new on this journey, and I still have much to learn. I guess we all have to start somewhere. Hugs right back to you and your cat, from me and my cats, chickens and degus :P

@Ladybugzzz86 First off, I hope you are being KIND to yourself. I am certainly not hoping you are killed. I am mortified by my typo. 

I was planning on saying something comforting but then I saw that in addition to cats, you have chickens and degus??? SQUEE!!! Can I come live with you forever? I don’t eat much or take up a lot of space. I am a bit lazy though. :P

*Insert comforting words, hugs and confetti*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, NerdyToothpick said:

@Ladybugzzz86 First off, I hope you are being KIND to yourself. I am certainly not hoping you are killed. I am mortified by my typo. 

I was planning on saying something comforting but then I saw that in addition to cats, you have chickens and degus??? SQUEE!!! Can I come live with you forever? I don’t eat much or take up a lot of space. I am a bit lazy though. :P

*Insert comforting words, hugs and confetti*

Lmao, I knew what you meant, although I did get quite the chuckle from the killed inserting itself in there lol. And yes, you can come by anytime! :D I think you would be a breath of fresh air, and I have nothing against a bit of laziness, I'm out in the country, you can get away with it a little easier out here :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ladybugzzz86 said:

Lmao, I knew what you meant, although I did get quite the chuckle from the killed inserting itself in there lol. And yes, you can come by anytime! :D I think you would be a breath of fresh air, and I have nothing against a bit of laziness, I'm out in the country, you can get away with it a little easier out here :lol:

I’m a hoot and very modest. :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NerdyToothpick said:

I’m a hoot and very modest. :D

 

Oh I don't doubt that one bit! I love reading your posts I will say lol. I think you have a great sense of humour. I can picture you chasing my chickens around the yard already :blink::o:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ladybugzzz86 said:

Oh I don't doubt that one bit! I love reading your posts I will say lol. I think you have a great sense of humour. I can picture you chasing my chickens around the yard already :blink::o:lol:

You had me at degus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

You had me at degus.

Funny story about those guys. When I got them, I was told they will live for two to three years. Six years later now and they are still as cute and active as ever. Love my little fur babies :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Ladybugzzz86 said:

Oh I don't doubt that one bit! I love reading your posts I will say lol. I think you have a great sense of humour. I can picture you chasing my chickens around the yard already :blink::o:lol:

I love chickens! We had chickens when I was growing up (in very urban Los Angeles) and I used to sing to them every night. I debated getting a few chickens here in Boston but decided that since I don’t have a yard, it wouldn’t be fair to the little gals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, NerdyToothpick said:

I love chickens! We had chickens when I was growing up (in very urban Los Angeles) and I used to sing to them every night. I debated getting a few chickens here in Boston but decided that since I don’t have a yard, it wouldn’t be fair to the little gals. 

Yes, I don't blame you. But who knows, maybe it will work out to have one or two. I have an acre of land and wish I had more for them too! Lol 

Very glad to have found another chicken lover on here :D

Edited by Ladybugzzz86

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick update, according to my surgeon, everything is OK and he is happy with my progress.... It seems that I don't get followups by a nutritionist, or the rest of the gang for that matter. Kinda feel like he is setting me up for failure by only giving me the one tool, but I am working hard to fix my life regardless. I had to press the issue about the pains and cramping, nausea and vomiting that I am still having... Mostly because it is wearing me out. So I will get the scope down in three months time. 

The hematologist also wasn't happy with the surgeon. It seems I did not have to take the needles twice a day, he wanted me on warfarin when I left the hospital. Overall, my team has awful communication, and this was a huge complaint for myself during my stays as well too. 

So I will be on this new blood thinner for another five months, and then a followup. I can't help but thinking, if I am a nurse, and I felt very in the dark about my situation, what about the other poor patients of his? Not good healthcare IMO, and makes me feel uneasy about what happened to me.

Headed back HOME today, so I am pretty excited about that :D time to start getting into a better routine and create lots of new heathy habits. I can't stand being bored :blink:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now