Cindy Lou Who

1st time to ever post to ANY blog!

Hi there! My sleeve surgery is Feb 28, and I'm excited! But don't know anyone who has ever had it, so thought I could use some support and learn from others. I hate to say this, but I'm mostly excited because I can't wait to NOT be hungry after being on the pre-surgery lo cal diet! How shallow is that! haha! But the tummy (Large for now) talks! 

Hi Cindy! I’m so glad to hear that you are excited. That’s how I felt when I had my sleeve surgery in November and it’s been such a wonderful experience. Hang in there on the pre-surgery diet. The big day will be here before you know it.

Welcome to the forum, Cindy. Now you will be able to say that you know a bunch of people that have had the surgery once you get to know others here. I am scheduled for March 26 and just getting ready to start my month long pre surgery diet.

I totally understand being sick of being hungry all of the time. I am looking forward to losing the hunger hormone myself.

Good luck!

Edited by Readytobeme

i just read my last post, and if I read that, I would never respond! Sorry, my stomach is growling and all I could think to say was that I was hungry!

Anyway, I have spent days and nights deciding to have this surgery and it's been years in the making. years of Weight Watchers, Quick Weight Loss, South Beach Diet, Adkins, you name it, I did it. Even Phen-fen. 

I would say the greatest failure in my life has been my failure to keep my weight in a normal range. I have loss and gained hundreds of pounds, and now this year, I was the heaviest I had ever been. I am SO hoping this surgery will be my ticket into a new healthy life. I have the right resolve, hopefully the right maturity, and definitely the desperation. 

Anyone else feel this way? Am I doing the right thing? 

I absolutely felt this way. I was on some diet or another for about thirty years. I gained and lost and gained again, always gaining a bit more than the last time. I can’t tell you if you’re doing the right thing - it’s a very personal decision - but I will say that it sounds like you have really thought this through and are in the right mindset. Personally, I have zero regrets. I’ve lost 43 pounds since my surgery, and for the first time in my life, I truly believe I have the tools to succeed. It’s not easy - I still have to be conscious of what I eat and of course I exercise, but the sleeve has helped me so much to do what I need to do without feeling extremely deprived. 

Welcome!  This is a great place to be.  Feel free to ask questions..I failed every diet I was on for 50 years.  

1 hour ago, Boho Rosy said:

I absolutely felt this way. I was on some diet or another for about thirty years. I gained and lost and gained again, always gaining a bit more than the last time. I can’t tell you if you’re doing the right thing - it’s a very personal decision - but I will say that it sounds like you have really thought this through and are in the right mindset. Personally, I have zero regrets. I’ve lost 43 pounds since my surgery, and for the first time in my life, I truly believe I have the tools to succeed. It’s not easy - I still have to be conscious of what I eat and of course I exercise, but the sleeve has helped me so much to do what I need to do without feeling extremely deprived. 

:D:D:D So very happy for you!

2 hours ago, Cindy Lou Who said:

i just read my last post, and if I read that, I would never respond! Sorry, my stomach is growling and all I could think to say was that I was hungry!

Anyway, I have spent days and nights deciding to have this surgery and it's been years in the making. years of Weight Watchers, Quick Weight Loss, South Beach Diet, Adkins, you name it, I did it. Even Phen-fen. 

I would say the greatest failure in my life has been my failure to keep my weight in a normal range. I have loss and gained hundreds of pounds, and now this year, I was the heaviest I had ever been. I am SO hoping this surgery will be my ticket into a new healthy life. I have the right resolve, hopefully the right maturity, and definitely the desperation. 

Anyone else feel this way? Am I doing the right thing? 

I would venture a guess that most if not everyone here feels this way. It sounds to me like you are ready for this life changing surgery. Of course only you can say for sure.

Welcome @Cindy Lou Who. Congrats on starting the process! The pre-op diet is a bit of a white knuckle experience for many, so just hang in there and keep your eyes on the prize.

Welcome! The pre-op diet is some hard work. Keep telling yourself it won't last forever. The 28th will be here in no time!

Welcome 

I was over  the pre op diet by day five but managed to battle thru totally different on the other side 

Wow, what a gift to read your responses this morning! Thank you for taking the time. It means the world to me. This journey was very lonely up to this point, because I didn't know anyone in the same boat. Your responses are making all the difference! Thank you. 

Welcome.  As others have said, the pre op diet can be a little rough, but once you have the surgery you will find it amazing how much weight you can lose and keep off.  The surgery helps you in the months after surgery develop a new long term "relationship with food" - in which food is not used as a refuge from being sad, bored, upset, or depressed.  You will learn (hopefully) that unhealthy food is not your "friend" and that life as a healthy, thin, and more active person is truly wonderful.  Remember that your surgery is a powerful weight loss tool, but in the end you will need to accept a more healthy lifestyle and diet in order to success in the long run.  I tried almost every weight loss diet before my surgery and none of them worked for me in the long term, so I turned to having weight loss surgery.  Once I had my surgery, my mantra was and remains "failure is not an option."  I have never regretted having my weight loss surgery.

We are here to support and inform you on your weight loss surgery journey. 

I look forward to welcoming you to the losers bench in a few days.  Be sure to take a few pre-surgery photos of yourself, as they will be a sharp contrast to the photos of you once you lose your extra weight.

13 hours ago, Cindy Lou Who said:

Hi there! My sleeve surgery is Feb 28, and I'm excited! But don't know anyone who has ever had it, so thought I could use some support and learn from others. I hate to say this, but I'm mostly excited because I can't wait to NOT be hungry after being on the pre-surgery lo cal diet! How shallow is that! haha! But the tummy (Large for now) talks! 

hi and welcome! I totally get it and you will be surprised at how different you feel!  I am excited for you! :)

stick around and gather as much info as you can....it is so informative and the successful ones are ones who are always here for support

Welcome. Only a few more days to go and life will be forever changed for the better.

Welcome, @Cindy Lou Who. Hope you stick with us along your journey to the NEW YOU! Wishing you a speedy recovery, and remember on your tough days that things will get better. :)

@Cindy Lou Who congrats on making the decision to take back your life !!  I love my sleeve. I do have GERD now but it is controlled by medication for the most part .The 2 week liquid diet is the hardest but after surgery its much easier .

We all “get it”.  Though our journeys to get to this point have all been different, we all did what we had to in order to take our lives back.  Life is good on the losers bench!  Yes, take before pictures.  Many of us shied away from the camera for years and have few before pictures.  As you shed the pounds it takes your eyes time to catch up.  Comparing before pictures to current pictures help to see the changes.  

Welcome to the site!

Welcome, Cindy!! :) 

Welcome to Thinner Times Cindy - just 3 more days to go!

Successful surgery! Home and happily recovering! So glad it's over, and so looking forward to my future! Thanks for all the support! Days are full with sip, sip, sip, a bunch of medications, but I don't mind. I want to do everything right! :)

Welcome to the losers bench Cindy Lou!

Great news!!  Now stick to the post op diet plan, drink lots of liquids and try to be active, and you will be amazed at how you can lose all your extra weight.  We are here to support you.  

Yay - glad it went so well for you! Congratulations!!