Bigfuzzy

20 more pounds

after you have been out of the honeymoon stage & maintaining a stable weight, has anyone went back & lost more weight?

how did you do it? anything drastic?

have you been able to keep it off?

the reason for asking: I am just over the line to being over weight by the bmi charts, if I lose 10 to 20 pounds more I will hit normal

weight by the chart. would like to get there for 1 time in my life. does this make sense? right now I vary between 205 & 212 and need to

get under 200 lbs to be in the normal range. before it is said, yes I know what bmi charts mean. have been told that most of my excess weight

is excess skin. my pcp told me that if I had it removed I would be under 200(surgery not going to happen).  

Summoning @tmcgee. I know he lost more weight a few months back after what I seem to recall him describing as a two year stall.

Regardless of what form of WLS someone has and regardless of how long post-op they are, many have been able to lose more weight and they've done that by just going back to basics and following their programme.  

Also, the 5 Day Pouch Test has proven an invaluable tool in kick starting weight loss whether it be a few pesky pounds that have crept back on or for those who want something that'll give them the final push to their goal weight:  http://www.5daypouchtest.com/plan/theplan.html

5 hours ago, Aussie Bear said:

Summoning @tmcgee. I know he lost more weight a few months back after what I seem to recall him describing as a two year stall.

It's more like a couple of years. I started at 360 and now I'm staying between 180 and 190. It will be 5 years for me in a couple of weeks. I know some folks have to go back to basics, Corrine, I've been very fortunate that I never stopped the basic plan. The important point in all of this is that you can lose more weight after monumental stalls or regains. Keep your eyes on the prize, NOBODY wants to regain. It's a lifetime commitment.

14 minutes ago, tmcgee said:

.......... Corrine, I've been very fortunate that I never stopped the basic plan. The important point in all of this is that you can lose more weight after monumental stalls or regains. Keep your eyes on the prize, NOBODY wants to regain. It's a lifetime commitment.

Nor have I deviated from my plan Tom.  It got me to my goal and it continues to keep me there.  I have no desire to go back to my pre-WLS life of yo yoing myself back up again.

6 hours ago, tmcgee said:

It's more like a couple of years. 

Sorry for the mistake...clearly time does fly. Goes to show me just how long I've been hanging around this place. :)