Nana Trish

"At goal" pics

8 hours ago, msmarymac said:

Your whole demeanor is different; you radiate joy and health!  Congrats on a remarkable journey!

Thank you so very much, @msmarymac ❤️ 

Congratulations Trish I am so happy for you !!!!  You look happy and wonderful !!

56 minutes ago, Nana Trish said:

Thank you, @CheeringCJ!! ❤️ I absolutely despise that pic, but you are so right about my hubby...he loves me unconditionally, and he has always ALWAYS been here for me. Through thick and thin, like you said, lol. More thick than thin :P hahaha. He is truly a treasure, and the love of my life for the last 25 years.

My daughter, second only to hubby, has been my greatest cheerleader through all of this. She is a very special young woman and has no idea what an inspiration she has been to me. She’s my best friend ❤️ Now when we go shopping, we can actually try clothes on together...I don’t have to just sit outside the dressing room and wait anymore! She’s actually the one that helped me find my new bra yesterday, lol. We are going to get our nails done on my birthday this year. It will be my first time ever having my nails done...I’m so excited about it!! 

I must say, despite some rough spots, I HAVE had a pretty great year!! I’m very much enjoying my GW (a place I never thought I’d be) and being healthy :) You’re going to be joining me at GW very soon!! We can meet up at the maintenance cafe in a few months ❤️❤️❤️

Sounds good to me.....save me a seat at the cafe! ha!  (tho I believe I won't be maintaining for a while yet.  I picture myself hitting goal in a couple of months but I don't think I will be content to be there, I think I am going to go down as much as possible and see where I am comfortable...or just stop and then i will try maintaining).  

I can tell by the look in his eyes that your hubby loves you :) and your daughter.  I hope she is doing better than she was a few months ago (I think I read where you recently posted that she is still struggling...same here w/ mine....it hurts a momma's heart for sure)...but it must be fun shopping w/ her when you can both shop and try on!  (btw, your sweater is adorable but still seems kinda big....guess either you are still shrinking or that you are uncomfortable wearing smaller stuff?  don't get me wrong, you look great...it's actually an adorable outfit, but you are smaller than your clothes for sure ;) No need to hide your new self!)

Edited by CheeringCJ

1 minute ago, CheeringCJ said:

Sounds good to me.....save me a seat at the cafe! ha!  (tho I believe I won't be maintaining for a while yet.  I picture myself hitting goal in a couple of months but I don't think I will be content to be there, I think I am going to go down as much as possible and see where I am comfortable...or just stop and then i will try maintaining).  

I can tell by the look in his eyes that your hubby loves you :) and your daughter.  I hope she is doing better than she was a few months ago (I think I read where you recently posted that she is still struggling...same here w/ mine....it hurts a momma's heart for sure)...but it must be fun shopping w/ her when you can both shop and try on!  (btw, your sweater is adorable but still seems kinda big....guess either you are still shrinking or that you are uncomfortable wearing smaller stuff?  don't get me wrong, you look great, but you are smaller than your clothes for sure ;) No need to hide your new self!)

Yeah I hear you, I’m not technically “done” losing yet, lol...it just feels amazing to set a goal for myself and actually reach it!! I’m comfortable now, but I think 10-15 more pounds will be my sweet spot :) 

My sweet daughter...she is still struggling, unfortunately. But hubby and I get her out of the house as much as possible. Sitting alone in a dark house during depression is the worst thing you can do...so I do my best to not let her do that ❤️ It is sooo much fun shopping with her!! I love it :) 

Yeah, That sweater is big on me now. I bought it in November, hoping to have it fit just right for Christmas...which it did. Now it’s too big, lol. But yes, I’m still pretty uncomfortable wearing smaller stuff. I’m working on it though. Someday...lol

1 minute ago, Nana Trish said:

Yeah I hear you, I’m not technically “done” losing yet, lol...it just feels amazing to set a goal for myself and actually reach it!! I’m comfortable now, but I think 10-15 more pounds will be my sweet spot :) 

My sweet daughter...she is still struggling, unfortunately. But hubby and I get her out of the house as much as possible. Sitting alone in a dark house during depression is the worst thing you can do...so I do my best to not let her do that ❤️ It is sooo much fun shopping with her!! I love it :) 

Yeah, That sweater is big on me now. I bought it in November, hoping to have it fit just right for Christmas...which it did. Now it’s too big, lol. But yes, I’m still pretty uncomfortable wearing smaller stuff. I’m working on it though. Someday...lol

good, after I posted it I was afraid i was sounding judgemental and was hoping you wouldn't take it that way! :)

I am at the same place w/ my DD....she is retreating to her room for more and more of the time home (which is a lot of time).  Today I had her get out in the gorgeous sunshine for some good old Vit D! Then I went for a walk (she didn't want to come) w/ DH and when we got home, she was sound asleep on the sofa...so much for the fresh air!  But she did come to dinner tonight which I was glad about....I told her how much I miss her.

2 minutes ago, CheeringCJ said:

good, after I posted it I was afraid i was sounding judgemental and was hoping you wouldn't take it that way! :)

I am at the same place w/ my DD....she is retreating to her room for more and more of the time home (which is a lot of time).  Today I had her get out in the gorgeous sunshine for some good old Vit D! Then I went for a walk (she didn't want to come) w/ DH and when we got home, she was sound asleep on the sofa...so much for the fresh air!  But she did come to dinner tonight which I was glad about....I told her how much I miss her.

You, judgemental? No way! Lol :) I certainly didn’t take it in a negative way at all. The sweater is supposed to be long, but not that loose. As you can probably tell by the denim shirt I was wearing in my other pic, I like L O N G tops, haha. 

Aww, I’m so sorry your daughter is still struggling too :( My daughter lives with her boyfriend, so I have to be super vigilant with her, because she isn’t here with me. Her bf works second shift, so she is home alone for the better part of the day, and that’s a recipe for disaster with a depressed person. Hubby picks her up a lot of days on his way home from work and she comes here, or we run errands or whatever. As long as she is with me, I know she’s ok. It’s too bad you couldn’t have gotten your daughter out for that walk today. Our temps were in the 60’s today (yay for ginormous melting snow banks!!!) and if you guys are having this kind of weather, it’s great to get out in it! I’m glad you did get to have dinner with her though ❤️ 

Hey, Trish. I was too tired last night to post this info but had to come back and tell you. I often show before and after pictures to my husband. I will say, see, look at this person. They weighed XXX 9 months ago and now weigh XXX.

I  did that with the 4th set down (my fave) last night. My husband said yeah, but how old is she? In her 30s? :P

Cross my heart. He truly did say that.

Just now, Readytobeme said:

Hey, Trish. I was too tired last night to post this info but had to come back and tell you. I often show before and after pictures to my husband. I will say, see, look at this person. They weighed XXX 9 months ago and now weigh XXX.

I  did that with the 4th set down (my fave) last night. My husband said yeah, but how old is she? In her 30s? :P

Cross my heart. He truly did say that.

Are you serious?!? My 30's? He's my new favorite person!! ❤️ Thank him very much for me :) You've just made my day, @Readytobeme ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

I'm way behind on my responses, and I still owe you a thank you for your earlier post...it was lovely!! 

Edited by Nana Trish

@Readytobeme...tell your hubby that my oldest daughter is 31, lol, and I have a 15 month old grandson...hehehe

3 hours ago, Nana Trish said:

Thank you so much, @AustinJ!! I do feel 10 years younger, actually, lol :) This was the best thing I’ve ever done for myself

Lol...I just realized I already responded to your post hahaha

Insert age comment here. lol :D

On 2/20/2018 at 9:09 PM, Nana Trish said:

Ok guys, here goes...

The pics in the blue butterfly shirt are my "surgery day" pics. If you've seen any 'before' pics of me, it was most likely these. I rarely let hubby take pics of me pre op. We only did these because it was surgery day. There are two of me that no one has seen before except hubby and the kids. The one with me and hubby was on my 50th birthday (last April) at our favorite restaurant...the waitress snapped it before I even knew it happened. When she gave it to me as we paid the check, I was frozen. I cried all the way home. The one with just my face in it was at my heaviest weight ever of 348, taken sometime in 2015.

Although I'm not done losing yet, I thank God everyday for this second chance I've been given, and for feeling like life is worth living again. And also for finding this forum. You have all been like family to me...closer than some of my blood relations, actually. Without all of the support I receive here, I'd never be able to do this. I just want you guys to know how much you mean to me. Thank you so much for catching me every time I tripped, not judging me when I fell off the wagon, and for just being here ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

With that said...please be kind, as I'm not comfortable with a couple of these pics, but I trust you guys enough to show them anyway :) Oh, and my sweet Devin is in one of the pics with me too :wub:

(PS...NEW BRA UNDER MY CLOTHES)

IMG_2206.JPG

IMG_2207.JPG

IMG_2208.JPG

IMG_2212.JPG

IMG_2215.JPG

WOWWWWWW! You are a completely different person. I’m not even talking about your weight loss, which is *dramatic* and proof that hard work and determination pay off. I’m talking about the light the radiates from your smile and body language. You are positively glowing. I’m elated for you. Thank you for being open and vulnerable with us. I’m honored by your trust. 

On 2/20/2018 at 9:09 PM, Nana Trish said:

Ok guys, here goes...

The pics in the blue butterfly shirt are my "surgery day" pics. If you've seen any 'before' pics of me, it was most likely these. I rarely let hubby take pics of me pre op. We only did these because it was surgery day. There are two of me that no one has seen before except hubby and the kids. The one with me and hubby was on my 50th birthday (last April) at our favorite restaurant...the waitress snapped it before I even knew it happened. When she gave it to me as we paid the check, I was frozen. I cried all the way home. The one with just my face in it was at my heaviest weight ever of 348, taken sometime in 2015.

Although I'm not done losing yet, I thank God everyday for this second chance I've been given, and for feeling like life is worth living again. And also for finding this forum. You have all been like family to me...closer than some of my blood relations, actually. Without all of the support I receive here, I'd never be able to do this. I just want you guys to know how much you mean to me. Thank you so much for catching me every time I tripped, not judging me when I fell off the wagon, and for just being here ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

With that said...please be kind, as I'm not comfortable with a couple of these pics, but I trust you guys enough to show them anyway :) Oh, and my sweet Devin is in one of the pics with me too :wub:

(PS...NEW BRA UNDER MY CLOTHES)

IMG_2206.JPG

IMG_2207.JPG

IMG_2208.JPG

IMG_2212.JPG

IMG_2215.JPG

PS: look at that slim waist and rockin’ hips. To quote my cousin* Shakira, hips don’t lie. 

*Shakira is not my cousin. She’s from my dad’s hometown, so I claim the right to say I’m related to her. 

13 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

you are truly a NEW WOMAN, @Nana Trish!!!  WOW!!!  I love how even though you hated the pic of you at the restaurant, it is so clear that your husband loves you (literally through thick and thin, right?)   What a treasure he is!  You look so different, very happy and healthy and I love how excited your daughter is in your accomplishment too!  You have had a GREAT year (well technically 9 months!) and done well and I am so proud of you!  Thanks for sharing your incredible transformation!  Enjoy your GW and keep on being healthy!!!  {{{HUGS}}}

I echo @CheeringCJ. I know it must be hard to see that before picture but I love the photo with you and your husband. He clearly loves you.

5 minutes ago, NerdyToothpick said:

PS: look at that slim waist and rockin’ hips. To quote my cousin* Shakira, hips don’t lie. 

*Shakira is not my cousin. She’s from my dad’s hometown, so I claim the right to say I’m related to her. 

Shakira is awesome, and you are too.  :-)

Aw @tmcgee! You know how to make me smile. You are quite the sweetheart. 

Just now, NerdyToothpick said:

WOWWWWWW! You are a completely different person. I’m not even talking about your weight loss, which is *dramatic* and proof that hard work and determination pay off. I’m talking about the light the radiates from your smile and body language. You are positively glowing. I’m elated for you. Thank you for being open and vulnerable with us. I’m honored by your trust. 

You always manage to make me weepy with happy tears, @NerdyToothpick ❤️❤️❤️ You actually gave me the courage to post the pic with me and hubby in it, and I thank you for that :) I was on my pre op diet when that was taken, and I told myself that if I managed to lose enough weight by my birthday this year, I would post it. Then when I hit goal, a month and a half before my birthday, I got cold feet. When I saw the pic you posted of yourself, you inspired me, as always!! Thank you, thank you so much!!!

I echo @CheeringCJ. I know it must be hard to see that before picture but I love the photo with you and your husband. He clearly loves you.

It is very hard to look at that picture. I feel very sad for the old me. I told Devin last night that I felt sad for the me in the picture, and she asked me why. She said, "You're not her anymore"...I suppose she is right, but the pain of living in that body and being that sick and that depressed for so many years won't leave me. That's what will keep me successful and hopefully never have to relive that desperate time in my life ever again. 

As for hubby, he loves me unconditionally ❤️ I was showing him my post last night, and he teared up. He said he never realized it was actually that bad. That he just didn't see me like that before surgery. And that he loved the old me just like the new me, only he is happy that I'm going to be around to see my 60's and beyond :) I've only been in the "normal" size range for very brief periods since we have been together, so really he has never known me at a normal size. This is so much more emotional than I expected...I don't know why, lol. I spent so much time obsessing that I'd never reach my goal, that it snuck up on me. Now I'm here and sooo happy! Still looking to lose maybe 10-15, but if I don't, I'm perfectly comfortable here. We shall see what my body chooses to do from this point on. 

10 minutes ago, NerdyToothpick said:

Oh I've got hips to spare, allright, lol. The waist is S L O W L Y dropping inches, but I've got so much extra skin, I'll never be in a size 6, or 8 or 10. That's ok too. 

Did your dad meet Shakira? That'd be cool :) Stake your claim to fame by dropping your *cousin's name anytime!! I love it! Lolol :lol:

23 minutes ago, tmcgee said:

Shakira is awesome, and you are too.  :-)

Yes she is, @tmcgee :) Pure awesomeness!!

I meant @NerdyToothpick, of course :) 

Edited by Nana Trish

2 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

@CheeringCJ...Thought you might want to see what it looked like when I first bought the sweater...it was October, not November. I guess I was jumping the gun a bit, lol.

IMG_2227.JPG

16 minutes ago, Nana Trish said:

Oh I've got hips to spare, allright, lol. The waist is S L O W L Y dropping inches, but I've got so much extra skin, I'll never be in a size 6, or 8 or 10. That's ok too. 

Did your dad meet Shakira? That'd be cool :) Stake your claim to fame by dropping your *cousin's name anytime!! I love it! Lolol :lol:

My dad hasn’t lived in Colombia for 56 years but my entire paternal family still live there. maybe my blood cousins have met her??? Who knows?

Side note which I may have already shared. My family thinks the US is tacky and Miami is the only place worth visiting because of the great shopping. LOL 

PS: I meant the hips as a super compliment. I don’t have hips and it’s embarrassing. 

PS: I meant the hips as a super compliment. I don’t have hips and it’s embarrassing. 

I took it as a compliment :) I've always had some hips...but now I have HIPS...lol. Don't be embarrassed!! That pic you posted was amazing, and you have nothing to be embarrassed about! You look crazy good, and I'd much rather trade those hips in and have a shape more like yours. I've been a$$ and hips for more years than I care to remember, and I'd love to put that part behind me...pun intended!

Edited by Nana Trish

You look wonderful Trish. I remember when you were hopeful to get down the driveway, now I swear it looks like you're about to dance a jig! 

Wow Trish well done :wub: