Nana Trish

"At goal" pics

Ok guys, here goes...

The pics in the blue butterfly shirt are my "surgery day" pics. If you've seen any 'before' pics of me, it was most likely these. I rarely let hubby take pics of me pre op. We only did these because it was surgery day. There are two of me that no one has seen before except hubby and the kids. The one with me and hubby was on my 50th birthday (last April) at our favorite restaurant...the waitress snapped it before I even knew it happened. When she gave it to me as we paid the check, I was frozen. I cried all the way home. The one with just my face in it was at my heaviest weight ever of 348, taken sometime in 2015.

Although I'm not done losing yet, I thank God everyday for this second chance I've been given, and for feeling like life is worth living again. And also for finding this forum. You have all been like family to me...closer than some of my blood relations, actually. Without all of the support I receive here, I'd never be able to do this. I just want you guys to know how much you mean to me. Thank you so much for catching me every time I tripped, not judging me when I fell off the wagon, and for just being here ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

With that said...please be kind, as I'm not comfortable with a couple of these pics, but I trust you guys enough to show them anyway :) Oh, and my sweet Devin is in one of the pics with me too :wub:

(PS...NEW BRA UNDER MY CLOTHES)

IMG_2206.JPG

IMG_2207.JPG

IMG_2208.JPG

IMG_2212.JPG

IMG_2215.JPG

Edited by Nana Trish

@Nana Trish - Wow!!!!

I feel so blessed and honored to have been able to tag along and read about your incredible journey!  I absolutely love the pic with your daughter too by the way!  Yall are so cute!

The new bra looks great too!  I just can't say enough about your incredible transformation.  You really do look like a new person.  The JOY on your face is contagious and makes me smile. :)  You are a wonderful lady and you deserve the very best <3

Squee!!! Congrats on reaching goal! You look amazing (and that new bra is very flattering). Thank you so much for taking us all along on your journey and letting us celebrate you! I’m SO, SO, SO proud of you and all that you’ve overcome and accomplished on your journey.  :wub:

Whoa!!!! I have seen pictures of you scattered about. These really drive your weight loss home. You look absolutely stunning and more importantly, healthy ;) Thanks for sharing.

PS. The 4th set down are my very favorite. Just WOW.

Edited by Readytobeme

My goodness, you skinny little thing! You've been hiding how small you've gotten under baggy clothes, I think, because you look much smaller than the last round of photos!! You look PETITE! Not to mention: happier, healthier, better able to move around, and more comfortable :D  You and your daughter look so cute together!

I'm so proud of you and the amazing progress you've made. Please hang on to this feeling of success and let it surround you in a happy cloud.

I feel the same way about all the kind, generous, supportive people here on TTF - the help and wisdom I've received here has definitely made the journey possible. And you, of course, are one of those people, so thank you right back.

Wow, you look fantastic! And so young! I love the hair, too! Hooray!!!!

OMG Trish....you look so tiny now. No need at all to hide away under your usual baggy clothes. By the way that new bra was worth every minute of the effort it took you to find it. 

@Nana Trish this is so exciting!  Your transformation is just completely remarkable!

3 hours ago, TammyP said:

@Nana Trish - Wow!!!!

I feel so blessed and honored to have been able to tag along and read about your incredible journey!  I absolutely love the pic with your daughter too by the way!  Yall are so cute!

The new bra looks great too!  I just can't say enough about your incredible transformation.  You really do look like a new person.  The JOY on your face is contagious and makes me smile. :)  You are a wonderful lady and you deserve the very best <3

That has to be one of the nicest things anyone has said to me ❤️❤️❤️ Thank you so much for that! It's certainly been one heck of a ride, and your positivity and encouragement really gives me motivation when I need it most...thank you for that too :) You're so sweet :wub:

Yes, my little Devin...I call her my "pocket daughter" lol. My tiny girl. She's been depressed lately because her meds are causing some weight gain, and it's making her REALLY nervous. She's seen the nature of the beast The whole time she was growing up, since I've been over 250 pounds pretty much all of her life. I can't blame her for being scared. But I've got her back, of course :) 

Thanks for the bra compliment, lol. I was throwing bras all over that dressing room, it must have been quite the sight, haha. But I found the one, and I'm happy to hear that it looks great. It feels great! I thank you for such sweet and uplifting compliments my dear! You're pretty awesome yourself ❤️ Oh, and thank you for suggesting that I look that bra up online...that never occurred to me! Genius! I'm checking into it the first free minute I get tomorrow. Getting sleepy tonight though, and it's wayyy past my bedtime. I just wanted to come here and check out what I've been missing. I've been spotty at best, and I need to check in more often ❤️ You all are so good to me, I don't want you to think I don't care about what's going on with you! But for now, this Nana needs to hit the hay. I've got baby first thing in the morning. Thanks again, and sleep tight!

1 hour ago, Michael_A said:

@Nana Trish this is so exciting!  Your transformation is just completely remarkable!

Thank you, @Michael_A ❤️❤️❤️ It is kind of exciting, lol!

1 hour ago, Aussie Bear said:

OMG Trish....you look so tiny now. No need at all to hide away under your usual baggy clothes. By the way that new bra was worth every minute of the effort it took you to find it. 

Aww, @Aussie Bear :wub: Me and tiny in the same sentence...not used to that at all!! But believe me, I still have a long way to go with losing inches from my waist. I've lost 22 1/4 inches so far and have about 10 more I'd really like to see go. But I'll probably only lose half that because I've got a LOT of loose skin there. 

I think the bra was worth the aggravation too...I'm just so glad I can finally relax about it for a while now :) Thank you!!! ❤️

@Nana Trish you look amazing!!! and 10 years younger. I bet you feel 10 years younger too.

2 hours ago, Gretta said:

Wow, you look fantastic! And so young! I love the hair, too! Hooray!!!!

Thank you, dear @Gretta!! I still can't get used to hearing that I look young...I just don't see it!! But thank you just the same ❤️ My hair, oh my hair, lol...I'd love to grow it back sometime, but thinning and bald spots keep cropping up, so for now it stays short. Hey, if Kate Hudson can pull it off, I've got a shot, right? :lol:

You glow girl!  You’ve come so far!  You are an inspiration to others just beginning!  

Edited by Cheesehead

Just now, AustinJ said:

@Nana Trish you look amazing!!! and 10 years younger. I bet you feel 10 years younger too.

Thank you, @AustinJ!!! I do feel younger...how can I not after dropping a whole, technically overweight, person!! Lol :) Like I just told gretta, I just don't see the younger in me. But hey, I'll take 40 over 50 anyday! 

Just now, Cheesehead said:

You glow girl!  You’ve come so far!  

Thank you, @Cheesehead!! ❤️ I'm starting to feel that way, finally :) It took a while for the reality to set in, but I think it's starting to.

Oh Trish .... got to tell you, you brought a tear to my eye this morning.  Your transition is nothing short of amazing but what shines brightest is the smile on your 'after' pictures.

Trish you look absolutely amazing and again congrats on reaching goal. 

you are truly a NEW WOMAN, @Nana Trish!!!  WOW!!!  I love how even though you hated the pic of you at the restaurant, it is so clear that your husband loves you (literally through thick and thin, right?)   What a treasure he is!  You look so different, very happy and healthy and I love how excited your daughter is in your accomplishment too!  You have had a GREAT year (well technically 9 months!) and done well and I am so proud of you!  Thanks for sharing your incredible transformation!  Enjoy your GW and keep on being healthy!!!  {{{HUGS}}}

Edited by CheeringCJ

Your whole demeanor is different; you radiate joy and health!  Congrats on a remarkable journey!

@Nana Trish

If ever there was a poster child for WLS ... it would be you. The photo changes are stunning. Like the others have said, you are just beaming and radiating joy, happiness and health. Thank you for sharing these!!!

16 hours ago, AustinJ said:

Thank you so much, @AustinJ!! I do feel 10 years younger, actually, lol :) This was the best thing I’ve ever done for myself

Lol...I just realized I already responded to your post hahaha

Edited by Nana Trish

10 hours ago, cinwa said:

Oh Trish .... got to tell you, you brought a tear to my eye this morning.  Your transition is nothing short of amazing but what shines brightest is the smile on your 'after' pictures.

Thank you so much, @cinwa ❤️❤️❤️

You have been so supportive of me since day one on this forum, back in 2015 :) You’ve helped me through more stuff than you know. I can’t thank you enough for all you’ve done for me! :wub:

My smile...it even surprises me when I see pictures. In my before pictures, I was clearly in so much physical and emotional pain, and I can still feel it when I look at them.  But now, my family and friends tell me that it’s genuine and I look truly happy. I really am!

10 hours ago, ktallon said:

Trish you look absolutely amazing and again congrats on reaching goal. 

Thank you, @ktallon!! :wub:

10 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

you are truly a NEW WOMAN, @Nana Trish!!!  WOW!!!  I love how even though you hated the pic of you at the restaurant, it is so clear that your husband loves you (literally through thick and thin, right?)   What a treasure he is!  You look so different, very happy and healthy and I love how excited your daughter is in your accomplishment too!  You have had a GREAT year (well technically 9 months!) and done well and I am so proud of you!  Thanks for sharing your incredible transformation!  Enjoy your GW and keep on being healthy!!!  {{{HUGS}}}

Thank you, @CheeringCJ!! ❤️ I absolutely despise that pic, but you are so right about my hubby...he loves me unconditionally, and he has always ALWAYS been here for me. Through thick and thin, like you said, lol. More thick than thin :P hahaha. He is truly a treasure, and the love of my life for the last 25 years.

My daughter, second only to hubby, has been my greatest cheerleader through all of this. She is a very special young woman and has no idea what an inspiration she has been to me. She’s my best friend ❤️ Now when we go shopping, we can actually try clothes on together...I don’t have to just sit outside the dressing room and wait anymore! She’s actually the one that helped me find my new bra yesterday, lol. We are going to get our nails done on my birthday this year. It will be my first time ever having my nails done...I’m so excited about it!! 

I must say, despite some rough spots, I HAVE had a pretty great year!! I’m very much enjoying my GW (a place I never thought I’d be) and being healthy :) You’re going to be joining me at GW very soon!! We can meet up at the maintenance cafe in a few months ❤️❤️❤️