Trish13

Picture updates

I haven't posted in a bit, and feel like I'm behind the 8 ball because work is so insanely busy lately and have been working a lot of hours. The single pic was taken yesterday (7 mos out). It was the first time I wore my hair pulled back in a long time, and I felt like I could really see the changes starting to occur in my face...I almost didn't recognize myself in the bathroom mirror at work...lol! The other pictures are day of surgery & from about 3 weeks ago (about 6.5 months Post op). I actually had my shirt tucked in for the first time in forever! 

Can't believe I'm down over 84 pounds in 7 months! I had a rough month last month as they increased my carbs, protein, and calories and I gained 5.5 pounds. I really struggled losing what I gained & finding the balance, so I backed off the carbs a bit and started to slowly drop. Now I lost all I that and a couple more! Next week we officially start the gym....gulp! 

IMG_20180216_175757.jpg

Collage 2018-01-25 19_22_33.jpg

Collage 2018-01-25 19_23_43.jpg

Congratulations on the success and transformation to this point. You're looking awesome! The gym is your friend. Keep up the great work!

WOW Trish - talk about the disappearing woman - that is an amazing transformation.

5 minutes ago, Chefman77 said:

Congratulations on the success and transformation to this point. You're looking awesome! The gym is your friend. Keep up the great work!

Thanks, @Chefman77! I'm anxious & excited to go to the gym. It's not something I really enjoy, but I'm looking forward to the benefits of it. Plus my 30yr high school class is in 6 months and I wanna wear a killer dress!! Lol! 

7 minutes ago, cinwa said:

WOW Trish - talk about the disappearing woman - that is an amazing transformation.

Thank you, @cinwa! You're always so kind with your words and incredibly sweet! I'm at approximately 60% to my initial goal. Yay!

Edited by Trish13

Love your new avatar picture!  Your doing great!

Thanks, @Cheesehead! So grateful for the support! 

I wanted to add that your face and neck are melting but didn’t want that taken the wrong way:). You also seem to glow!  Carbs are those evil things that sew our clothes tighter when we aren’t looking;)

No offense taken on the melting comment...lol! I actually feel like past week or so I've seen a lot of changes in my face and neck as well. I always think of the wicked witch of the west from the Wizard of Oz....I'm melting.... melting.....lol! :D

You look amazing @Trish13 !!   Keep up the good work !!

@Trish13, you've obviously been working hard and it's paying off, almost 100lbs down!!!  You are looking great!

Wow!!! Looking great! Love your hair, too!

Wow, just wow.  Your weight loss is both amazing and inspirational.  I cannot wait to welcome you in a few months to onederland.

you're looking FABULOUS!!!!  my dr better not up my carbs, I will dig my heels in! haha!

you're so close to losing 100#.....then on to Onederland, you are on your way....keep it up (down!)!!!!  

love the new look you have, thinner, younger, and even tucking your shirt in?!?! wow!  (I tucked mine in the other day but wasn't brave enough to wear it out of the house!)

You look amazing super healthy and lovely shiny hair . 

You are obviously doing well on your protein 

Well done :)

Wow, Trish, you look happy and great! I haven't had surgery yet so I really appreciate you sharing your success! You are an inspiration to me:) Keep up the progress girl! Can't wait till I can be as successful.

Congratulations! You look great!! 

You look amazing! Awesome!

OMG Trish....you look so AWESOME!!!  So wonderful to see these pics from you!  You are doing great!!!

Looking gorgeous, Trish! :wub: You're really holding yourself in a way that looks like you feel more comfortable now - that's one of my favorite things: just being more comfortable. I love your happy and confident smile. It tells us how great you're doing on the inside.

Carbs: not sure if I'll ever find a peaceful relationship with them. Glad backing off of them has helped you get going back in the downward direction.

19 hours ago, tracyringo said:

You look amazing @Trish13 !!   Keep up the good work !!

Thanks, @tracyringo!! Thanks for always cheering me on and giving me an ear to bend...:D

@Michael_A, @Gretta, @Res Ipsa - thanks for the kind words! I can't believe that I'm getting so close to both 100lbs and onderland! Hopefully the gym will speed up the process a bit and get there sooner than later. :D I couldn't have done made it to where I am without all of you guys! 

16 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

you're looking FABULOUS!!!!  my dr better not up my carbs, I will dig my heels in! haha!

you're so close to losing 100#.....then on to Onederland, you are on your way....keep it up (down!)!!!!  

love the new look you have, thinner, younger, and even tucking your shirt in?!?! wow!  (I tucked mine in the other day but wasn't brave enough to wear it out of the house!)

Thanks for the sweet words, @CheeringCJ! I felt like the top all pulled out was too much, so I tucked it in. I was amazed at the difference I saw in the mirror. I was at work, so I thought I so try it out. I would ask one of my girlfriends if it was ok, but before I even saw her I got 4 or 5 compliments how how good I looked and that they could really see how much I was losing. Never looked back! Moral...if you like it, then go for it!! Our vision of ourselves is always so skewed and off during this process. Ironically it is before surgery as well. I knew I was heavy, but I NEVER thought I was so out of control until I start comparing to the losses. I visually can see I am smaller, but now I second guess how much better I look now..lol! Vicious cycle of mind games to work through during this process. 

2 hours ago, Trish13 said:

Thanks for the sweet words, @CheeringCJ! I felt like the top all pulled out was too much, so I tucked it in. I was amazed at the difference I saw in the mirror. I was at work, so I thought I so try it out. I would ask one of my girlfriends if it was ok, but before I even saw her I got 4 or 5 compliments how how good I looked and that they could really see how much I was losing. Never looked back! Moral...if you like it, then go for it!! Our vision of ourselves is always so skewed and off during this process. Ironically it is before surgery as well. I knew I was heavy, but I NEVER thought I was so out of control until I start comparing to the losses. I visually can see I am smaller, but now I second guess how much better I look now..lol! Vicious cycle of mind games to work through during this process. 

I can totally relate....and it is the first time I put 2 and 2 together! As much as our body images are skewed when we lose weight, they were when we gained weight. I have said a hundred times that I didn't realize I was as fat as I was beforehand. So it is true, only I never thought it out...but we don't EVER see ouselves as we are!!  

On 18/02/2018 at 3:09 AM, Trish13 said:

I had a rough month last month as they increased my carbs, protein, and calories and I gained 5.5 pounds. I really struggled losing what I gained & finding the balance, so I backed off the carbs a bit and started to slowly drop. Now I lost all I that and a couple more! Next week we officially start the gym....gulp! 

I don't get why they have to mess with a working formula when people are still losing. What is the fascination of nutritionists to push the carbs Up??? The attitude of mine doing that really made me resent having to go to her. I was so glad when she moved away and cleared it with my surgeon that I didn't need to see anyone like that again for the time being. We know what works for us because we've lost and gained most of our lives. Clearly for most of us carbs work against us!!!!

You're looking great by the way.

Edited by Aussie Bear