Kio

Peanut butter recommendations?

I'm out of peanut butter (*sob*).  I don't eat a lot of it - maybe a tablespoon or two a week if that.  But when I do eat it, I want it to be good! (I'm not fond of PB2 except for mixing into a shake.)

I want something natural, low carb, and with no added sugar.  And preferably not the kind that separates into oil if you don't refrigerate it (refrigerated peanut butter - yuk!)

Does anybody have anything like this that they love?

I think Justin's makes a no stir natural peanut butter that's just peanuts and palm oil. It's a bit pricier than other brands, but they make decent stuff. 

Organic peanut butters do not contain hydrogenated vegetable oil which is my choice and it should only contain 2 ingredients, peanuts and salt (or just peanuts if you like the unsalted stuff).

My choice is Adams 100% Natural Crunchy Peanut Butter but yes, the oil can lay on the surface.  There is one solution for that (other than stirring which I hate),

Just store your jar upside-down.  The oil rises to the bottom of the jar, leaving the solids at the top.  When you’re ready to use it, turn the jar right side up and it’ll be ready to go (as the oil makes its way back through, the butter will absorb it again).

4 minutes ago, cinwa said:

Just store your jar upside-down.  The oil rises to the bottom of the jar, leaving the solids at the top.  When you’re ready to use it, turn the jar right side up and it’ll be ready to go (as the oil makes its way back through, the butter will absorb it again).

That's what I do. I prefer this to peanut butter with added oils, also. 

27 minutes ago, cinwa said:

OMG this is pure genius.  It's so simple and logical and I would never have thought of it!  Thank you! =D

Sorry - I’m no help. I am a Jiff smooth peanut butter eating person. :D

Natural peanut butter like Adams doesn’t need to be refrigerated. I hate the texture of refrigerated pb :( 

I used to work at Trader Joe’s and we were instructed to bag pb upside down so it’d be mixed by the time the customer got home! Storing it upside down, as @cinwa and @Cardamom77 mentioned is perfect - it just always stays mixed and doesn’t separate unless it’s left for a long time. I give mine a flip a while before I’m going to use it. TJs pb is great, btw, if you’re a TJ shopper.

There’s no reason to have anything but peanuts and salt in your pb.

@Kio Teddie’s is a good local PB and they support charitable organizations and people with disabilities. How cool is that mission? Plus, it’s usually at the lower end of the price scale. I don’t know how close you are to a Market Basket, but they have the best price on Teddie’s. 

https://teddie.com/

1 minute ago, NerdyToothpick said:

@Kio Teddie’s is a good local PB and they support charitable organizations and people with disabilities. How cool is that mission? Plus, it’s usually at the lower end of the price scale. I don’t know how close you are to a Market Basket, but they have the best price on Teddie’s. 

https://teddie.com/

Ooooh, thanks!  I pass a Market Basket every day, though we usually do our shopping at Shaw's or Wegman's.  I'll pop in and check it out!  That is a great mission and low prices are never bad.  :) 

1 hour ago, Kio said:

Ooooh, thanks!  I pass a Market Basket every day, though we usually do our shopping at Shaw's or Wegman's.  I'll pop in and check it out!  That is a great mission and low prices are never bad.  :) 

They have it at Shaw’s and Wegmans, too!