Tinker-bell

COLD !!!!!

Oh my days im sooooo cold, before surgery i was always warm and even suffered hyperhydrosis on my face but since surgery im the complete opposite, has anyone else had the same thing happen to them. I always wanted to be cold and now i am i cant stand it :lol:

I was always cold before surgery but it is definitely worse since. I find myself bundled in layers of clothes and blankets and still feel extremely cold. 

Welcome to our world!

Although I have never loved the winters in the PNW, post-WLS that ramped up out of all proportion and I pretty much dress like a yeti during our winter months. 

And to make matters worse, I developed raynaud's disease about 2 years post-op in my fingers (the smaller arteries that supply blood to your skin narrow which limits blood circulation).  They literally go white and it's extremely painful. 

Yep, it's a fun little side-effect, isn't it? ::sarcasm:: My fingers and nose are always cold, even when the rest of me feels warm, and it leads to my nose running a lot. Sympathy! 

My hands are freezing as I type this.  This is the only time I miss my fat reserves!  I am at work with a jacket on and an electric space heater running near my desk LOL.

After losing over 300 pounds, I am cold all the time, even in the summer sun.

Status of my toes:  Totally frozen, in a 70-degree house.  Allll the time.

After almost 6 years I am still very cold.  Today in NYC it was in the 50's.  I had my down coat, scarf and gloves on.  

For some it goes away and some of us never get it.  Luck of the draw

I feel good at 80 degrees!  My car is set at that.  

At home I sit on a heating pad and covered in a double fleece blanket.  

Summer has me reaching for a sweatshirt at 80.  

Layers work good.  

I never had sweatshirts or sweaters before surgery...on the plus side, I don’t sweat any more:)

Oh well years of calling my hubby a wimp for always wearing coat, hat, gloves & scarf have come back to bit me on the arse then :D

on the plus side i have always wanted a nice dress coat lol

I wear under aromour base layers every day, even in the summer. They help a lot. I don't think I have shed a drop of sweat in 2 years. On the plus side, when I ride in the summer (motorcycle) and wear my leathers, I am not uncomfortable or hot. I really think it is because our cooling systems worked so hard for so long that they are extremely efficient and haven't quite caught up to our new bodies! And, as others have mentioned, I have some pretty nice coats now! I absolutely love my wool coat and scarf.

23 hours ago, cinwa said:

Welcome to our world!

Although I have never loved the winters in the PNW, post-WLS that ramped up out of all proportion and I pretty much dress like a yeti during our winter months. 

And to make matters worse, I developed raynaud's disease about 2 years post-op in my fingers (the smaller arteries that supply blood to your skin narrow which limits blood circulation).  They literally go white and it's extremely painful. 

@cinwa I have Raynaud’s on my feet. I can sympathize!