newme88

3 wks in and have plateued

ok.. I have heard that after awhile your body will go into "starvation mode".. is that what is going on? I have stayed the same weight for the past 4 days. I know, I know.. don't weigh yourself everyday, but Im curious. I have increased my activity and still eating pureed foods.

It's not unusual to see no movement in the scales in the early stages post-op - just keep doing what you're doing and up your fluids as much as you can.

A weight loss stall roughly three weeks after surgery is very common. Just stick with the diet program from your surgeon, and the stall should break in a few more days. 

I did the same thing at 3 weeks post op, and I stressed about it...but then I was relieved to find my surgery buddies that had surgery the same week did too, so it was "normal"...it'll pick back up again, just stick w/ your program

Welcome to the much-hated Week Three Stall. Btw, it’s not really too much of a stall at four days! :) These will happen occasionally, and they are mentally tough but you will come out the other side just fine and keep losing. 

Your body is resting up and healing after losing a bunch of weight really fast. You may be hanging on to water - upping your water intake may pull you out (or maybe not). It will end, though, and your fears and worries are really common and normal, if that makes you feel better! Just keep doing what you’re supposed to be doing. Come here and complain about it if that makes you feel better - we’re here for you! :D 

I’m glad other warned me of this. I just hit 4 weeks and have lost a pound in the last 8 days. Frustrating, but I’m hanging on to how good it’s going to feel when the weight starts to drop again. And the all of a sudden you look at the total loss and it’s all ok. 

Edited by BringItOn