Heather27nyf

2 weeks out- questions

Hi. I' 2 weeks out, doing so much better than where I was at the beginning.  My belly still feels bloated at times. Is this normal? I still have abdominal soreness. I haven't needed tylenol really, but still have that achy feeling.  Is that normal? Ty all!!!

I felt a little bloated for a good month or so post-op but if it hasn't improved by your next visit with your surgeon, mention it to him/her.

I don't know what stage you are on your post-op plan but at 2 weeks I was still on clear liquids so there wasn't much to get rid of.  If you're feeling a little bunged up, adding a stool softener to your daily Miralax and see if that helps.  But again, if it's still a problem when you see your surgeon, ask about it.

Yep, all normal early post-op stuff :)

Your bloating at this point may even be related to the no bowel movement issue.  Miralax takes several days to work so keep using it, but at two weeks out, you'll want to follow your program's instructions in regards to stronger laxative use.  Many programs approve of Milk of Magnesia or Senna products.  Other things that help are getting adequate fluid and walking.

There are many "poop" threads on this forum so you know it is a consistent issue.  Most eventually figure out what works for them although it may take some trial and error.  Good luck!