newme88

Good Morning!

Hey everyone.. I am 29 years old and I have 3 weeks post op. I have lost 17lbs after vsg. :) Any advice?

Welcome to Thinner Times and congratulations on getting off to a great start.

Read all you can, ask questions and join in the fun - it's like everything in life, the more you put in, the more you'll get back.

Protein, protein, protein and liquids, liquids, liquids.  :)  And welcome to Thinner Times @newme88!

2 hours ago, newme88 said:

Hey everyone.. I am 29 years old and I have 3 weeks post op. I have lost 17lbs after vsg. :) Any advice?

Welcome to the forum!

I can only say what the others have said- spend some time read, read through a lot of the posts and you will learn so much!  Ask your questions :-)

Congrats on your decision for WLS.

That' a great start ..well done .

I' nine days post op struggling to get in my protein requirements but hope to get there x

I am struggling to get in enough protein and water. I can hardly stomach Premier Protein shakes anymore. 

28 minutes ago, newme88 said:

I am struggling to get in enough protein and water. I can hardly stomach Premier Protein shakes anymore. 

Have you tried other protein shakes?  Sometimes you just need a change.  Also, you can add unflavored protein powder to just about anything; greek yogurt, soup.  You can just add a little to everything you consume and before you know it you've met your protein goals. 

I remember taking a break from the sweet stuff with Unjury chicken soup flavored protein powder.  It is a delicious savory option that also allows you to get liquid.  It's also yummy added to cream soups.

Hang in there, it gets better when you get through the early stages!

3 hours ago, newme88 said:

To echo what @msmarymac said, check out Eggface's site (http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2014/04/eggface-favorite-protein-shakes-and.html) for TONS of different protein drinks and smoothies ideas. Every single night I have a Premier Protein vanilla shake, with 1 tbsp added of Jello sugar-free pistachio pudding powder. Add 5-7 ice cubes and blend for a few seconds, and it's the tastiest thing that I eat in a day! This particular one may not be good for you yet if it's taking you a while to get your drinks down, but the point is there are so many other options out there! Remember if you go looking for another brand of protein shake, try to keep it low carb and low calorie.

Congratulations on your journey to a new and healthy you! I’ve found a vast amount of information from the great folks on this forum. Welcome!:)

On 2/14/2018 at 1:00 PM, msmarymac said:

I remember taking a break from the sweet stuff with Unjury chicken soup flavored protein powder.  It is a delicious savory option that also allows you to get liquid.  It's also yummy added to cream soups.

I love the Unjury chicken soup flavor :) I've mixed it with beef broth and it has a nice rich flavor to it. A friend of my daughter had gastric bypass last year and had some left over that she gave me to try. @newme88, it's worth a try. Yummy :) 

Congrats and welcome, @newme88! 17 pounds in three weeks has got to feel really good :)