I have my very first 5K on February 24th!!  I've always wanted to do a color run and I am finally at the point where I feel like I can actually do it.  I'm so excited!!!!!  My brother and sis-in-law are going to be doing it with me.  I've been so lucky to have a great support system in my entire family.

That is outstanding Mandy!

I can't run to save my life so I have to be content with sporadic power walking.

hey, @xmandy!  Great to see you!  So excited about your 5K!!!  I think I just might sign up for one this Spring! :)

Let us know how you did!  (and send us a color soaked victory shot!)

Thank you guys!  I will definitely let you know how it goes!

WOO!  Go you!  That's awesome.  A 5k is my next step too - but I'm going to be walking it, not running. =D  Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Hooray! Have fun! :) What a great way to celebrate success. 

I did it y'all!  I may have walked the majority of it, but I finished and that was all that mattered to me!  I may have even shed a few tears afterwards.  My mom, brother, and sister-in-law did it with me.  (I'm the one in the green socks.) 

5a945c63523bf_CarSelfieAfter.thumb.jpg.0b4ad207f4159d71ed4d18bf0e89e953.jpg5a945c773b05b_MeandMom.jpg.e6f705a3c3c54ad96daf1c80c0340387.jpg    5a945c8853b5b_5KKissMedals.jpg.8b9c50bf79f5c9b06a920a96f32f04ee.jpg

Wat to go! I did one last fall where I walked the majority as well but I am doing one on April 14 and plan on finishing in less than 30 min. Just keep going it gets better and easier.

Yay, good for you!! I've walked several, but probably won't ever run one.  My knees have had too many years of abuse to think about much running now.  But you're young, you can definitely handle it!

Great job! I love the pictures!!!

hey, @xmandy!  Great pics, thanks for sharing!  

So glad you accomplished it!  Now what it next???? ;)

1 hour ago, xmandy said:

I did it y'all!  I may have walked the majority of it, but I finished and that was all that mattered to me!  I may have even shed a few tears afterwards.  My mom, brother, and sister-in-law did it with me.  (I'm the one in the green socks.) 

5a945c63523bf_CarSelfieAfter.thumb.jpg.0b4ad207f4159d71ed4d18bf0e89e953.jpg5a945c773b05b_MeandMom.jpg.e6f705a3c3c54ad96daf1c80c0340387.jpg    5a945c8853b5b_5KKissMedals.jpg.8b9c50bf79f5c9b06a920a96f32f04ee.jpg

Woohooo wonderful job!  Yall look so cute too! :)  Way to go!!!

@AustinJ Thank you and good luck in April!  That's awesome!

@CheeringCJ Thank you!  I've already started looking for my next 5K!  I signed up for the Great Inflatable Race in November and I'm really looking forward to that one.    I'm hoping I will be able to run a little more on my next one!

1 hour ago, xmandy said:

Congratulations! I love your outfit!

It looks as if you had a fun time Mandy!

Congratulations on finishing that 5K - that's outstanding and don't worry about walking most of it - walking is good for you and 5K isn't to be sniffed at - that's 3.1 miles.  You did good and it looks as if you had a lot of fun too.

Oh, and I see you hit ONEDERLAND, @xmandy!!!  What an exciting week for you! :)