Recommended Posts

I am celebrating a cool NSV (non-scale victory) tonight. I have worn wide-calf boots always. Even the wide-calf boots have been a struggle to zip sometimes. Today I realized that I could fit my entire hand inside the calf of my boot while I was wearing them. My daughter tossed me her regular-calf boot and told me to try it on. With much skepticism I slipped it on. Not only was I able to get it on, but it zipped with no pulling or effort! I honestly never thought I’d be able to wear regular clothes or boots. What a fun surprise! 

(Surprise number 2 was that my right calf is bigger than my left calf. )

What fun NSVs have you experienced lately? How do you celebrate? Food has always been my reward for things, so I’m looking for other ways to treat myself!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Madhouse Heidi Congrats on your NSV and to celebrate I say go buy you some Regular calf boots that fit !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats! Time for some new boots! :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a huge NSV!  

 

I cant wait for the day myself. Should be in new boots at the end of year too :D

 

well done!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Elisa said:

This is a huge NSV!  

 

I cant wait for the day myself. Should be in new boots at the end of year too :D

 

well done!

I had to say a very sad farewell to one pair of my wide calf boots as I couldn't keep then up. They were designed to slouch and slouched all the way to my ankles. Not looking forward to possibly having to lose the rest when winter arrives, although they will be replaced eventually.

PS. There is already a very long NSV thread pinned in the Socialise forum. I can't link on this device though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ooooh, that's a great one - I long for the day!  I will totally be a boots girl as soon as my legs fit in them.  Right now I only wide-calf ones would fit, and I find that they are often awkwardly sized for my lack-of-height, so not very comfortable.  My calves have always been so big - you're giving me hope!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think @Aussie Bear was the first one to make me realize I would need to be saying good bye to my big-calf boots and I've said adios to two pairs so far. I'm not looking forward to saying goodbye to the others but I know it's for a great reason!  I'm focusing on wearing the heck out of the old boots now!  Congrats @Madhouse Heidi on all the new spots you can shop for cute boots!  As far as calorie-free and cost-free rewards, you can take some laps around the mall, trying on lots of boots - unless you're the type that would spend money even when window shopping.  Alternatively to that, for other free rewards I like to pick up movies or a new book at the library, take a walk at the beach or my favorite park, give myself a mani or pedi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Kio said:

Ooooh, that's a great one - I long for the day!  I will totally be a boots girl as soon as my legs fit in them.  Right now I only wide-calf ones would fit, and I find that they are often awkwardly sized for my lack-of-height, so not very comfortable.  My calves have always been so big - you're giving me hope!!!

I understand the lack of height thing. At 5’2” I often find the wide calf boots to be way too tall. I don’t think I’ll buy any new ones quite yet. I’m going to make these last for the last few months of winter. But next fall I’ll be sporting some new ones for sure! There is definitely hope!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stephtay said:

For those who may not know, there is a NSV thread in Socialize:   

 

Thanks for doing the link Stephtay . I couldn't do it from this device.

Edited by Aussie Bear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2018 at 1:11 PM, Aussie Bear said:

I had to say a very sad farewell to one pair of my wide calf boots as I couldn't keep then up. They were designed to slouch and slouched all the way to my ankles. Not looking forward to possibly having to lose the rest when winter arrives, although they will be replaced eventually.

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

before anyone throws away a good pair of boots, if money is an issue....don't forget the shoe maker!

I ride horses, english, which require tall boots.  I'll never forget taking them to him to get extensions and a zipper added, or the day I got so fat I busted the zipper from my bigger calf. Anyways, riding boots are soo expensive and once broke in perfectly, they are a labor of love.  I can't wait to take them back to him and get them re-sized back to what they were.  going smaller is easy, and looks way better then when you have to go bigger.

Us horse gals love our boots so much.... one time, my friend had an accident on trail, horse fell on her and busted her leg.  An ambulance came and went to cut her boot off and she told him if he did, she'd kill him.  She told him to yank it off!!!  he did, and after she healed from surgery, she still had her favorite boots.

My non scale victory today is that I got into my jeans!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need to share one more NSV. I went to a second hand store to hopefully find a pair of jeans. I tried on a bunch , and I was able to wear size 13/14! That hasn’t happened since I was a junior in HS! I ended up with 3 pairs, all the same size. I’m so excited! I’m almost into regular size clothes and boots!

6862332C-D3D5-420B-90A5-A7F2FABE0C8E.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AWESOME!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Madhouse Heidi said:

I need to share one more NSV. I went to a second hand store to hopefully find a pair of jeans. I tried on a bunch , and I was able to wear size 13/14! That hasn’t happened since I was a junior in HS! I ended up with 3 pairs, all the same size. I’m so excited! I’m almost into regular size clothes and boots!

Good for you for doing your shopping in a second hand store!! That's such a great idea because those jeans are going to fit for like 5 minutes. You'll be down two more sizes before you know it!! :D Enjoy them while you can and send them back to the second hand store when you need to swap them out for 9/10s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jen581791 said:

Good for you for doing your shopping in a second hand store!! That's such a great idea because those jeans are going to fit for like 5 minutes. You'll be down two more sizes before you know it!! :D Enjoy them while you can and send them back to the second hand store when you need to swap them out for 9/10s.

I honestly cannot even fathom that! But then again, when I was in size 22 and 24, 13/14 seemed impossible, too. If I ever fit in a 9/10, there will be a major party (after the shock wears off!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/15/2018 at 11:36 AM, AliPat said:

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

before anyone throws away a good pair of boots, if money is an issue....don't forget the shoe maker!

I ride horses, english, which require tall boots.  I'll never forget taking them to him to get extensions and a zipper added, or the day I got so fat I busted the zipper from my bigger calf. Anyways, riding boots are soo expensive and once broke in perfectly, they are a labor of love.  I can't wait to take them back to him and get them re-sized back to what they were.  going smaller is easy, and looks way better then when you have to go bigger.

Us horse gals love our boots so much.... one time, my friend had an accident on trail, horse fell on her and busted her leg.  An ambulance came and went to cut her boot off and she told him if he did, she'd kill him.  She told him to yank it off!!!  he did, and after she healed from surgery, she still had her favorite boots.

My non scale victory today is that I got into my jeans!

Great job getting in those jeans! I didn’t realize how special some boots could be. I am planning to pass mine along to someone who can give them a good home. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Madhouse Heidi said:

I honestly cannot even fathom that! But then again, when I was in size 22 and 24, 13/14 seemed impossible, too. If I ever fit in a 9/10, there will be a major party (after the shock wears off!)

I felt the same as the numbers went down. I’m wearing size 4 or 6 now! :blink: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Way to go Heidi - you're looking great!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Madhouse Heidi said:

Great job getting in those jeans! I didn’t realize how special some boots could be. I am planning to pass mine along to someone who can give them a good home. 

Oh, they be special alright!  Boots and stark white breeches..... High Class!!

14 hours ago, Madhouse Heidi said:

I need to share one more NSV. I went to a second hand store to hopefully find a pair of jeans. I tried on a bunch , and I was able to wear size 13/14! That hasn’t happened since I was a junior in HS! I ended up with 3 pairs, all the same size. I’m so excited! I’m almost into regular size clothes and boots!

 

Lookin Gorgeous!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy onederland Heidi!  Lookin great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So this is not an HUGE NSV... but on a lark bought a pair of 36" jeans (having been a 44 or 46" waist before surgery) on Friday, having re-outifitted myself with 38" chinos etc etc. My wife said the new 36" jeans even look BAGGY on me!!

(but she really needs her eyeglasses prescription updated...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, BurgundyBoy said:

So this is not an HUGE NSV... but on a lark bought a pair of 36" jeans (having been a 44 or 46" waist before surgery) on Friday, having re-outifitted myself with 38" chinos etc etc. My wife said the new 36" jeans even look BAGGY on me!!

(but she really needs her eyeglasses prescription updated...)

Umm, YES!! That is a big NSV!! That’s a tiny waist! Congratulations! That’s a huge accomplishment, and new, smaller clothes are so fun to wear!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BurgundyBoy said:

So this is not an HUGE NSV... but on a lark bought a pair of 36" jeans (having been a 44 or 46" waist before surgery) on Friday, having re-outifitted myself with 38" chinos etc etc. My wife said the new 36" jeans even look BAGGY on me!!

(but she really needs her eyeglasses prescription updated...)

I see some skinny jeans in someone's future!! ;) Congrats, BB - 36 is awfully small, and baggy 36? Wow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BurgundyBoy said:

So this is not an HUGE NSV... but on a lark bought a pair of 36" jeans (having been a 44 or 46" waist before surgery) on Friday, having re-outifitted myself with 38" chinos etc etc. My wife said the new 36" jeans even look BAGGY on me!!

(but she really needs her eyeglasses prescription updated...)

no need to update your wife's Rx....just update her husband's wardrobe and buy some smaller jeans!!!! LOL!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

no need to update your wife's Rx....just update her husband's wardrobe and buy some smaller jeans!!!! LOL!

Well, yes, it is helpful if your Perfect Spouse manages to miss / oversee a few things... ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now