Kio

What are you eating today?

14 minutes ago, cinwa said:

This is the lavash bread I buy from Walmart for my DH:  Joseph's Bakery Lavash Bread, Low Carb  It's an unleavened, flat bread.

Serving Size: 1/2 Lavash (32g), 60 calories, 8g carbs, 1.5g fat, 6g protein 

I do 1/2 serving and it’s just right. I get some carbs, but not enough to give me the shakes or a sugar crash :) 

Does your hubby like it? Have you tried it? I like it a lot.

B~3.6 ounces chicken salad, 1 slice Dave’s Killer Bread (thin sliced)

S~Sargento Balanced Breaks tray

L~Scrambled eggs and 1 turkey sausage link

S~1 ounce salt and vinegar smoked almonds

D~4 ounces chicken breast, 1/2 ounce stewed tomatoes

S~Dannon Light and Fit Greek yogurt with 1 tbsp chia seeds

Calories~1,085, Protein~86, Carbs~56, Fiber~13, Sugar~22, Fat~60

Well, it’s NOT watermelon, lol!  I had some a couple of nights ago and wish I could have died!  My stomach did not like it.  I’ve had it several times this year but guess this was not the one time my stomach liked it, lol!  The next night honey dew melon was just fine.  Go figure.  Even 5 years out I can’t figure my stomach out..

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 1:36 PM, Cheesehead said:

Well, it’s NOT watermelon, lol!  I had some a couple of nights ago and wish I could have died!  My stomach did not like it.  I’ve had it several times this year but guess this was not the one time my stomach liked it, lol!  The next night honey dew melon was just fine.  Go figure.  Even 5 years out I can’t figure my stomach out..

Friend of mine (non-WLS) got really sick from watermelon only to find out there was a huge recall due to salmonella contamination...any chance that could have been your issue as well? 

Working hard to get back on track - so here's my food for the day!  I planned all this out yesterday.  First, my first foray into the world of scallop-making!

image_uploaded_from_ios.thumb.jpg.d7ab97cc6b03a10ffdb12478f7a010f3.jpg

Then my food/cal breakdown.  I'm trying to get my macros dialed in, and MFP has been invaluable in that - I can just tweak meals while I'm planning them out and see where the macros land.  Today was basically right on target for 15% carbs, 30% protein, and 55% fats.  I can't get down to 10% carbs without cutting out more dairy, and since dairy is where I'm getting most of my protein these days... I think I'll just stick where I am for a bit. 

I'm also at just about 60 oz of water for the day - and planning to have a couple of cups of tea before bed.  :) 

Capture.thumb.PNG.c3a4e12f4e3bd0bff40df881da738717.PNG

@Kio Beautiful scallops! And you are right, they are really WLS friendly and perfect for a ketogenic diet. (I cook them sous vide and then sear the outsides in a super super hot pan).

Seared ahi and mock potato salad (cauliflower instead). Mint my cookie ice cream for dessert.

9 hours ago, BurgundyBoy said:

@Kio Beautiful scallops! And you are right, they are really WLS friendly and perfect for a ketogenic diet. (I cook them sous vide and then sear the outsides in a super super hot pan).

I thought of you and your sous vide scallops whenI first saw Kios post. I remember that your son thinks they are the best sous vide that you make. Still haven't got set up for sous vide but  plan to do so. Actually not doing a lot of cooking these days.

On 7/6/2018 at 7:23 PM, Kio said:

Working hard to get back on track - so here's my food for the day!  I planned all this out yesterday.  First, my first foray into the world of scallop-making!

image_uploaded_from_ios.thumb.jpg.d7ab97cc6b03a10ffdb12478f7a010f3.jpg

Then my food/cal breakdown.  I'm trying to get my macros dialed in, and MFP has been invaluable in that - I can just tweak meals while I'm planning them out and see where the macros land.  Today was basically right on target for 15% carbs, 30% protein, and 55% fats.  I can't get down to 10% carbs without cutting out more dairy, and since dairy is where I'm getting most of my protein these days... I think I'll just stick where I am for a bit. 

I'm also at just about 60 oz of water for the day - and planning to have a couple of cups of tea before bed.  :) 

Capture.thumb.PNG.c3a4e12f4e3bd0bff40df881da738717.PNG

Wsa this copied from the premium version of MFP? Looks much different than what I see using the free version.

@Readytobeme - I do have premium now, but didn’t for a long time - this is what I’ve always seen. I did tweak the column headings to show the macros I’m interested in, but that was before I got premium. Do you use the app? I copied this from the web version. :)

Edited by Kio

5 minutes ago, Kio said:

@Readytobeme - I do have premium now, but didn’t for a long time - this is what I’ve always seen. I did tweak the column headings to show the macros I’m interested in, but that was before I got premium. Do you use the app? I copied this from the web version. :)

I do use the app. I may start using the Web version though. May be able to find my way around a bit easier. lol

Edited by Readytobeme

13 hours ago, Readytobeme said:

I do use the app. I may start using the Web version though. May be able to find my way around a bit easier. lol

If you rotate your phone screen to horizontal, you get a lot more info on the app. Thanks to @Michael_A for that tip! 

You can also personalize which things you see in the extended view in your settings. 

@Kio - gorgeous scallops. Shrimp are a another good one for tons of protein, very few calories. I make them 1000 ways. 

20 hours ago, Readytobeme said:

I thought of you and your sous vide scallops whenI first saw Kios post. I remember that your son thinks they are the best sous vide that you make. Still haven't got set up for sous vide but  plan to do so. Actually not doing a lot of cooking these days.

You are kind to remember the post! The cost, FWIW, has dropped tremendously for the sous vide circulators. They used to be $1-2,000 USD; then they dropped to $200 (when my wife and son bought me one) and now they are < $150. We have a small second sink in our kitchen which I fill with hot water from the tap, put my Anova circulator in, and away we go. No special plastic tub or metal pot needed, although I have used it to cook stuff in a giant lobster pot. 

If only ( @Jen581791) shrimp and scallops had fiber, then they would be the IDEAL food with flavor, lots of protein, (and fiber) with almost nearly  close to no very few carbs. 

Back to the thread - I don't use this app but this discussion is giving me pause to reconsider that!

1 hour ago, BurgundyBoy said:

You are kind to remember the post! The cost, FWIW, has dropped tremendously for the sous vide circulators. They used to be $1-2,000 USD; then they dropped to $200 (when my wife and son bought me one) and now they are < $150. We have a small second sink in our kitchen which I fill with hot water from the tap, put my Anova circulator in, and away we go. No special plastic tub or metal pot needed, although I have used it to cook stuff in a giant lobster pot. 

If only ( @Jen581791) shrimp and scallops had fiber, then they would be the IDEAL food with flavor, lots of protein, (and fiber) with almost nearly  close to no very few carbs. 

Back to the thread - I don't use this app but this discussion is giving me pause to reconsider that!

Yes. I agree that the price is not bad at all these days. I think it actually is the anova that I have saved at Amazon. I just truly have not been doing much cooking. Although I do intend to do more soon.

After my surgery, we were getting the Bistro MD meals delivered for my husband. He loves them so much that we are still getting them lol I eat so little that it is easy just to toss something together these days. Not to even mention that they are perfectly portioned and he has lost a good bit of weight eating them.

Edited by Readytobeme

B- cottage cheese, yogurt, and chia seeds

L- Cucumber hamwiches

D- Italian chicken and veggie bake with Parmesan cheese 

S1- beef jerky

S2- salad, broccoli, balsamic vinegarette

Cal 760, protein 76, carb 44

I haven't posted here in a while, and just mentioned this thread in another comment, so I might as well throw today's menu on the list:

Breakfast: 4 oz cottage cheese, half of a Dole peach cup (the "sugar-free" kind in artificially sweetened water)
Lunch: Spicy Mango Tofu in Coconut Sauce (the recipe isn't online, but if anyone wants it I'll type it out -- has bell pepper, carrot, chard, tofu, ginger, cayenne pepper, lite coconut milk, mango)
Snack 1: string cheese, 1 oz. of hard salami
Dinner: 4 oz. grilled chicken marinated in Mango Teriyaki sauce, Cucumber Edamame Salad w/ Ginger-Soy Vinaigrette
Snack 2: 4 oz. Chobani full fat plain Greek yogurt w/ some Torani sugar-free syrup, snack-size serving (30g) KIND dark chocolate granola clusters

Calories: 979; Protein: 77; Carbs: 51 (net); Fat: 51

Here's my plan - I'm about half-way through it!

Breakfast:  Handful of BBQ macadamia nuts (I have to take my morning accutane dose with a "fatty meal") and an 11 oz Starbucks Medium Roast Unsweetened coffee plus 8 oz Fairlife whole milk (this is my "protein shake")

Snack:  A blueberry Yoplait (YQ) yogurt, and a sugar free popsicle

Lunch:  Spinach, chicken and mozzarella salad bowl I picked up at Stop n Shop, with a tablespoon of honey mustard dressing

Snack:  A protein bar of some sort, most likely, and some baked cheese

Dinner:  3 1-oz scallops cooked in butter

And probably after dinner another sugar free popsicle!

Here's my plan today—I've just finished lunch:

Breakfast: big glass of cold brewed iced coffee with Fairlife chocolate milk

Lunch: a piece of toast (quickly pan-toasted in butter; I don't have an actual toaster) with chicken salad (just poached chicken, mayonnaise, mustard, scallions, salt & pepper) and sriricha

Snack: probably another glass of iced coffee with Fairlife; some cheater's kimchi (just napa cabbage shredded up into the juice of store-bought kimchi); maybe a flavored Greek yogurt (not together!)

Dinner: ma po tofu (store bought; about 30 grams of protein for 400 calories—I usually finish the whole thing), maybe with some cabbage

Maybe some ginger chews before bed, too, & possibly a glass of home-brewed kombucha.

Breakfast: 

• One egg white, some veggies, and water

Lunch:

• 4 ounces of Beef tips and gravy, 1 sweet and spicy banana pepper, and water

Dinner:

• 2.50 ounces of chicken, 32 grams of fat free sour cream, 1 sweet and spicy banana pepper, 28 grams of reduced fat shredded cheese, and a tortilla shell wrap

Snack:

• Two protein bars and a granola bar