Kio

What are you eating today?

B~2 scrambled eggs w/1 tbsp. fresh parm, 3 raspberries

L~3 ounces sliced chicken, 1 cheddar cheese stick, 1/4 piece lavash bread (wrap...low carb)

S~1/2 cup Halo Top oatmeal cookie ice cream

D~3 ounces sliced chicken, 1 cheddar cheese stick, 1/4 piece lavash bread

S~1 Dannon Light and Fit Greek yogurt and 1 tbsp. chia seeds

100oz water

Calories~776, Protein~76, Net carbs~33, Fiber~13, Fat~35

2 hours ago, ktallon said:

B: chocolate premier protein shake

S:Dannon light and fit greek raspberry yogurt

L:4 oz vegetable broth

D: 4 oz chicken broth 

I have been on the struggle bus everything feels like bricks (even liquids) have an appt with the surgeon but it's not until Thursday

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble, @ktallon ❤️❤️❤️ Please keep us posted after you see the surgeon. Do your best to at least stay hydrated, my friend :wub:

21 hours ago, Nana Trish said:

(((Hugs))) @Cheesehead...you feeling ok today? ❤️

Thanks Trish.  I often don’t feel like eating.  I use the shakes to get protein in.  I used to love chicken but as of late it’s just not been appetizing.  Love my apples, strawberries and Greek yogurt.  Tried to eat chicken for lunch but nope..strawberries and Greek yogurt it was..daughter is sick today and requested tom soup and grilled cheese.  I poured a mug and drank half.  Drank a vanilla protein shake.  

How are you doing Trish?

Tuna salad for dinner!

IMG_0672a.jpg.a3f7d945e787c1e719ac8f26f6f2d7af.jpg

1. Syntrax Chocolate Truffle and PB2 mixed with Fairlife

2. Chicken Bone Broth

3. Syntrax Double Stuffed mixed with Fairlife

4. Unjury Chicken Broth

Tons of warm tea, water, jello and other fluids. So ready for the next food stage.

Breakfast: 1 fried egg, 1 Trader Joe's meatless breakfast sausage
Snack: 4 oz. cottage cheese, 14 smokehouse almonds
Lunch: Slow cooker cashew chicken, steamed broccoli (recipe makes 12 me-sized servings, halved it, left out the sugar entirely)
Dinner: Lemon Butter Skirt Steak w/ zucchini noodles (recipe makes 8 me-sized servings, modified for a bit less butter/oil)
Snack: 2 T roasted red pepper hummus, 2 baby carrots, 2 mini bell peppers, 1.5 oz spicy deli chicken, 1 laughing cow cheese, 1 sugar free York peppermint patty

904 calories; 35 g net carbs; 49 g fat; 79 g protein

On todays menu

B: chocolate premier protein shake

S: 4 oz of daisy low fat cottage cheese with 3 grape tomatoes

L:premier chocolate shake

D: 2 oz butterball turkey kielbasa with 2tbsp sauerkraut 

Calories:512 protein:82g carbs(total) 20g fat:14g 

*may add another snack if i do my zumba class tonight

Ok, very much in maintenance...

2 strong cups of coffee. Breakfast 140 grams blueberries and 1 Premier Protein vanilla shake, with 10 grams psyllium (fiber) and two yellow sweeteners and ~ 4 grams inulin. 230-240 kcals. 

Lunch(ish) was one small slice wholewheat sourdough bread, 1.5 ozs cheddar, 1 oz beef jerky. Several cups of tea, coffee. about 350 kcals, about 600 kcals so far. 

Dinner will be 2 previously roasted and now reheated chicken legs, about 1 cup of roasted and reheated peas, navy beans, leeks, tomatoes with feta cheese and cheddar cheese sprinkled atop. A vinious beverage, most likely of the fermented and bottled category. 

Undoubtedly will have something at snacktime 9 or 10 pm - 1 oz cheese, perhaps a fig or some dates (fruit, fiber)

I seem to be doing about 1800-2000 calories a day now, which recently has led to a bit of further slow weight loss. 

3 hours ago, BurgundyBoy said:

I seem to be doing about 1800-2000 calories a day now, which recently has led to a bit of further slow weight loss. 

Congrats BB. I didn't notice before that you'd cracked onederland!!! Well done.

13 hours ago, Aussie Bear said:

Congrats BB. I didn't notice before that you'd cracked onederland!!! Well done.

Thanks for noticing! Indeed today my weight was 197.9 lbs, bit of a shock to me, so I feel somewhat confident I am in Onederland. 

You may recall I had a tux made for me in Hanoi late last year. The pants are too big now!

4 hours ago, BurgundyBoy said:

Thanks for noticing! Indeed today my weight was 197.9 lbs, bit of a shock to me, so I feel somewhat confident I am in Onederland. 

You may recall I had a tux made for me in Hanoi late last year. The pants are too big now!

Hey....you got a few months out of them at least....most of us have had to say farewell to clothes in far less time.

On 3/27/2018 at 8:09 PM, Cheesehead said:

Thanks Trish.  I often don’t feel like eating.  I use the shakes to get protein in.  I used to love chicken but as of late it’s just not been appetizing.  Love my apples, strawberries and Greek yogurt.  Tried to eat chicken for lunch but nope..strawberries and Greek yogurt it was..daughter is sick today and requested tom soup and grilled cheese.  I poured a mug and drank half.  Drank a vanilla protein shake.  

How are you doing Trish?

@Cheesehead, I don't know how I missed this, I'm sorry!! How has your appetite been? Any better? As always, sending lots and lots of (((hugs))) ❤️❤️❤️

10 hours ago, BurgundyBoy said:

Way to go, @BurgundyBoy!!! Welcome to onederland!!!

On 3/31/2018 at 8:37 PM, Kio said:

Tuna salad for dinner!

IMG_0672a.jpg.a3f7d945e787c1e719ac8f26f6f2d7af.jpg

That looks yummy, @Kio :) 

Edited by Nana Trish

14 hours ago, Nana Trish said:

Way to go, @BurgundyBoy!!! Welcome to onederland!!!

Thanks Trish and @Aussie Bear! I actually believe this may be real since my weight yesterday was also under 200 - it was 197.9 . Funny how I had thought I had reached my nadir but then this extra bit came off. 

I'm in Florida for a long weekend visiting relatives and they can't believe how little I eat. Sometimes neither can I! 

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs and about a cup of apple sauce

Lunch: Pinto beans and homemade butternut squash & carrot soup

Dinner: homemade kale & cauliflower soup 

In between, I'll drink my protein drink and about 60 oz of ginger and mint infused water. 

My diet is extremely light right now because i'm on the 10 day Pouch Reset plan. I'm on Day 6 and down 15 lbs. 

10-Day-Pouch-Reset-Diet-Infographic-Guid

Edited by Eunique is Me

B~3.5 ounces sliced chicken, 1 cheese stick

L~2.8 ounces sliced chicken, 1 cheese stick, 1/2 Joseph’s carb smart pita, 1tbsp roasted garlic hummus

S~1 Sargento Balanced Breaks snack tray (cheddar cheese, dried cranberries and almonds) 1.6 ounces total...plus an additional ounce of almonds

D~4.2 ounces chicken stir fry

S~Dannon Light and Fit yogurt w/chia

Will edit later with nutrition info :) 

Calories~1,018, Protein~90, Carbs~49, Fiber~12, Sugar~16, Fat~54

Water~50 ounces so far...it’s only 3:25 pm, lol

Another edit...had to add 1 ounce of almonds in with the Sargento snack to put me over 1,000 calories for the day

Edited by Nana Trish

B~3 ounces scrambled eggs, 1 ounce avocado

L~2.5 ounces sliced chicken, 1 cheese stick, 1 tbsp. hummus, 1/2 carb smart pita

S~1 Atkins Peanut Butter granola protein bar

D~2.5 ounces sliced chicken, 1 cheese stick, 1 tbsp. hummus, 1/2 carb smart pita

S~Dannon light and fit Greek yogurt w/chia

Calories~978, Protein~83, Carbs~54, Fiber~16, Sugar~8, Fat~52

Mmmm food! Here's today's plan:

Breakfast: 4 oz. low fat cottage cheese, 14 smoked almonds
Lunch: my riff on a niçoise salad (1 hardboiled egg, 2 kalamata olives, some grilled chicken, a red potato, green beans, and a tarragon/dijon vinaigrette)
Snack 1: radishes and seedless cucumber w/ bacon horseradish dip, string cheese
Dinner: eggplant ricotta bake (nearly identical to the infamous Eggface ricotta bake, but layered with slices of roasted eggplant)
Snack 2: 1.5 oz smoked deli turkey, 1 laughing cow cheese, smoothie w/ spinach, banana, blueberries and Fairlife milk

894 calories; 43 carbs (net); 45 g fat; 73 g protein

I'm working on keeping myself in check today!  Have to confess - my "smooth sailing" has hit some choppy waters lately.  I was handling all my moving stress pretty well, right up until Leah and Meg started handling THEIR stress with ice cream!!!  So yeah, I have eaten some ice cream lately.  MILDLY to my credit, when our resolve has weakened, I've only had a tiny kiddie cup.  But it's been 3 times over the course of 2 weeks, so time to get back on the keto  bus.  I haven't really strayed in other ways - it's just that the ice cream feels slidy.

So, today so far:

• 1 oz bbq macadamia nuts
  • 24 oz of coffee with a bit of heavy cream (starbuuuuucks!)
  • 1 boneless/skinless chicken thigh with low carb bbq sauce
  • 1 spinach/tomato/walnut/goat cheese salad with low carb honey mustard dressing
  • 18 oz coffee with 1/2 cup fairlife whole milk
  • 1 strawberry cheesecake yogurt (dannon light & fit greek)
  • 1 boneless/skinless chicken thigh with low carb honey mustard dressing
  • 18 oz water with pink lemonade crystal light

(My food scale is packed, so I'm taking MFP's word for it that one Nature's Promise Organic bnls/sknls chicken thigh is 4 oz.)

According to MFP, that's exactly 1,111 calories.  71 grams protein, 35 grams carbs, 76 grams fat, and 2 grams fiber.  I feel like that's a pretty good profile for where I am right now.  And most of my protein came from actual solid food!  I've been struggling with that for two reasons - one, I'm not fond of cooking and 2, it's just so much easier to get my protein from dairy (yogurt, ricotta, protein shakes...)

I also walked 2 miles and did a set of 10 squats.  I've been walking the same amount every day for three days - before that it was a different route that was probably about 1.5 miles.  The squats I only mention because hey!  I can do squats!  It's nothing organized or serious, I just do them while I'm waiting for the dog to come back inside.  :) 

I feel pretty good about the day.  Hopefully I can keep it going!

I was wondering where you’ve been. Figured it was moving time!  

Sorry about the stress. The ice cream isn’t bad but it might have been a slippery slope one turns into three turns into five turns into ten; tiny cups turn into bigger cups, turns into a hot fudge ice cream sundae so good for you for having a reality check :)  

im kind of lazy when it comes to cooking and tho I barely tolerated Greek yogurt before I have grown quite fond of it. It is easier than mixing up a protein shake even....how lazy is THAT?!?! Haha!  So obviously making a meal is something that I hate!  When I do make dinner I make enough for days of meals!  One thing I love is frozen fully cooked smoked salmon skewers. I just defrost the box and separate them into 3.5 oz servings and pack them up for the week. Then I pour a little teriyaki sauce on it and sprinkle on some sesame seeds. At work I just eat it, not even heated!  

B~3.3oz chicken salad (w/light mayo and a touch of miracle whip), 1 cheddar cheese stick, 1/4 piece lavash bread

S~Sargento Balanced Breaks snack tray with almonds, cheese and dried cranberries (1.5oz total)

L~3.3oz chicken salad, 1 cheddar cheese stick, 1/4 piece lavash bread 

S~1oz Almonds

D~3.5oz ham, 1ounce green beans

S~Dannon Light and Fit yogurt, 1 tbsp chia

1,213 calories, 90g protein, 55g carbs, 13 fiber, 72 fat (higher fat than normal due to the extra cheese and the amount of mayo from eating chicken salad twice today). 

6 hours ago, Nana Trish said:

B~3.3oz chicken salad (w/light mayo and a touch of miracle whip), 1 cheddar cheese stick, 1/4 piece lavash bread

S~Sargento Balanced Breaks snack tray with almonds, cheese and dried cranberries (1.5oz total)

L~3.3oz chicken salad, 1 cheddar cheese stick, 1/4 piece lavash bread 

S~1oz Almonds

D~3.5oz ham, 1ounce green beans

S~Dannon Light and Fit yogurt, 1 tbsp chia

1,213 calories, 90g protein, 55g carbs, 13 fiber, 72 fat (higher fat than normal due to the extra cheese and the amount of mayo from eating chicken salad twice today). 

@Nana Trish - What is lavash bread?  I may need to google that one :)  Also, you weigh 3# less than I do now.  What is your new goal weight?  I'm hanging around 150-151 now.  Hubby doesn't want me to lose even an ounce more hehe.

51 minutes ago, TammyP said:

lavash bread

This is the lavash bread I buy from Walmart for my DH:  Joseph's Bakery Lavash Bread, Low Carb  It's an unleavened, flat bread.

Serving Size: 1/2 Lavash (32g), 60 calories, 8g carbs, 1.5g fat, 6g protein 

1 hour ago, TammyP said:

@Nana Trish - What is lavash bread?  I may need to google that one :)  Also, you weigh 3# less than I do now.  What is your new goal weight?  I'm hanging around 150-151 now.  Hubby doesn't want me to lose even an ounce more hehe.

@TammyP, @cinwa is exactly correct. I use the lavash bread as a wrap. It comes in pretty large sheets, so I use 1/4 of a sheet for my chicken salad. Just big enough to hold my 3.3 ounces, lol. 

My goal weight was and still is 150, lol. I’m not trying to lose any more weight, but I’m still fine tuning my calories so I won’t lose any more, but won’t gain either. Ahh, the wonderful world of maintenance! I’m averaging around 1,200 calories a day right now, but I think I’ll have to add another 100 or so.