Kio

What are you eating today?

2 hours ago, BringItOn said:

That's a lot of shakes!  Must be a full time job.  Good for you, I never could get that many down.  Hope it goes well.  One day, I just could not face another Protein shake but was back at it the next day. So glad to be off the restricted diet part now at almost 7 weeks out, BUT with added choice comes a ton of responsibility.  Glad also for the ideas in this post.

It hasn't been bad. Really it was not very smart on my part not to get some broth and some protein bars. Even though they tasted bad to me, it would have broke things up a bit.

B. Egg salad and 1 piece of toast

S. Premier cookies and cream shake

L. 1/2 cup cottage cheese

D. 3 Grilled shrimp and 1 oz Grilled Tilapia

I've been white-knuckling through a stall, reading a lot but not contributing much (because most of my "contribution" would just be whinging!).  Time to get back to it!

Breakfast: 1 egg over easy, 1 half of a low-carb high-protein flax & fiber bread round (it was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike toast)

Lunch: 1 serving of hamburger stew (modified - I doubled the ground beef and halved the veggies)

Snack: 1 Premier Protein chocolate shake (so glad I can drink these again - it's so much easier to hit my protein goals with them than without!)

Dinner: 2 slices roast beef, 2 slices american cheese, mustard

Liquids: 64 / Protein: 79 / Net Carbs: 28 / Calories: 703 / Exercise: 2 mile walk with el Doggo

Edited by Kio

B-Oatmeal with chia and flax seed

L-homemade chicken soup chicken leeks and carrots

D-same as lunch

I usually have eggs for dinner but I am coming down with something I thought the soup would be better.

I have been eating this for about a month waiting to to cleared for my endoscopy .  Not exciting but the only thing that is keeping the GERD down a bit.  This along with 2 Protonix in the am. and Zantac in the afternoon and before bed.  

On todays menu

B: half a premier chocolate protein shake

L: 1 slice of turkey lunch meat with mustard (i planned to eat 2 but found i was comfortable after just 1 slice)

S: other half my premier protein shake

D: i may try a piece of the roasted chicken lunch meat i bought or a dannon light and fit greek yogurt

S: half a premier protein

Totals: protein 66, net carbs 15, calories 448, fluids should be right around 72 oz

On 3/5/2018 at 8:37 PM, Readytobeme said:

It hasn't been bad. Really it was not very smart on my part not to get some broth and some protein bars. Even though they tasted bad to me, it would have broke things up a bit.

Yes!!! Look at you, all losing your pre op weight!!! So proud of you, @Readytobeme!!! You've got this!! ❤️ I'm so very happy for you, my friend!!!!

Edited by Nana Trish

B-3.3 sliced chicken and a cheese stick

L-1 ounce dark meat turkey, 1/4 cheese stick (food was too dense...couldn't finish it)

S-1 ounce roasted edamame

D-1 3 ounce veggie burger and 1 cheese stick

S-steamed muscles (about 3 ounces...yum)

barely made water goal, but good on protein :( 

Breakfast: Smoothie with 1/4 cup fresh blueberries, 3 slices banana, 1 oz. spinach, and 6 oz. Fairlife milk, plus some artificial sweetener

Lunch: 2 oz. hickory smoked turkey, 1 wedge Laughing Cow spicy pepper jack (addicted to this stuff), a baked zucchini fritter w/ feta and dill, dollop of greek yogurt

Dinner: Chicken "fajita" - 1/4 of a red bell pepper (roasted), 2 oz. shredded chicken, a sprinkle of cheddar cheese, 2 T. guacamole

Snacks: 4 oz. low fat cottage cheese, about 12 smokehouse almonds, 1/2 an Oh Yeah One bar

794 calories; 80 g protein; 30 g fat; 40 g net carbs (subtracting fiber only, and not sugar alcohols)

B:  Premiere Protein drink chocolate

S:  Banana

L:  1/2 Chicken wrap from Chic-Fil-A and 1T ranch dressing for dipping

S:  2 very small peanut butter blossom cookies (Bake sale at work yep I splurged)

D:  Lettuce wrap with hubby's homemade chicken salad (delish!)

S:  Smoked almonds or beef jerky

Water + G2 for fluid goals

Exercise:  15 miles @ 20mph on stationary bike (45 minutes)

M1: one of the "crack an egg" scrambles I found at a store. Typically some sort of meat, cheese, onion, and a very small amount of potato that you crack an egg into. 120 cals, 9 grams of protein + the stats for your egg. Keeps me full all morning in case I can't grab a snack at work!

M2: 8 cinnamon nut-thins. 

M3: siggi's strawberry skyr yogurt and pomegranate arils

M4: 2.5 ounces leftover turkey chili with a little cheese because cheese makes the world go 'round

M5: I've got chicken breasts, rotel, black beans, and spices roasting in the crockpot right now for some chicken tacos tonight :D 

M6: likely half a protein shake to bump me up to the 70gram mark

The scale is finally moving again, which is twice the motivation to keep hitting protein and water goals. 

I've just started the pureed stage as I'm on day 15. How much protein am I aiming for? Also, any websites with good post WLS recipes? Thanks.

Breakfast: smashed up hard boiled egg and avacado - 1 Tbsp. Pureed blueberries - 2 Tbsp

Snack: - Protein shake with Mootopia milk

Lunch - pureed chicken with a bit a curry (2 Tbsp). Butternut squash (1 Tbsp)

Snack: Protein shake with Mootopia milk

Dinner - repeat of lunch

Does this sound okay? 

7 hours ago, Cindy Lou Who said:

I've just started the pureed stage as I'm on day 15. How much protein am I aiming for? Also, any websites with good post WLS recipes? Thanks.

Breakfast: smashed up hard boiled egg and avacado - 1 Tbsp. Pureed blueberries - 2 Tbsp

Snack: - Protein shake with Mootopia milk

Lunch - pureed chicken with a bit a curry (2 Tbsp). Butternut squash (1 Tbsp)

Snack: Protein shake with Mootopia milk

Dinner - repeat of lunch

Does this sound okay? 

Hi Cindy - Your program probably has targets for you, but most people seem to aim for about 65g per day. If you're doing two shakes per day plus other protein, you're probably doing well. 

Your day looks pretty good to me :) Are you a tracker? It might set your mind at ease to have all of your numbers at hand on My Fitness Pal or other so you can see clearly each day how you're doing, and so you know when you've hit your goal each day. That way -> no guessing! 

theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com has a ton of good recipes for every stage. Ricotta bake is the best.

9 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

Hi Cindy - Your program probably has targets for you, but most people seem to aim for about 65g per day. If you're doing two shakes per day plus other protein, you're probably doing well. 

Your day looks pretty good to me :) Are you a tracker? It might set your mind at ease to have all of your numbers at hand on My Fitness Pal or other so you can see clearly each day how you're doing, and so you know when you've hit your goal each day. That way -> no guessing! 

theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com has a ton of good recipes for every stage. Ricotta bake is the best.

Thanks for your response, Jen581791! That was helpful. My Fitness Pal is a great Idea. I've been writing everything down, to help me keep track of all the postop medications, but now that they are dwindling down, I like the idea of MFP. I'll start that today. I get 76g of protein just from the shakes with milk, so maybe that's why the nutritionist hadn't set a protein number for me yet. 

I have saved the ricotta bake recipe, and will try it this weekend. Looks SO good!! Thanks! Great website. 

This is a great post! I usually put what I eat into My Fitness Pal for accountability but I need to get back on TT regularly and this is a great way to do it. 

I always start the day with Coffee and eat a later breakfast

B: one egg and two slices bacon

L: Hummus, veggies and beef jerky

Snack: Apple and peanut butter

Dinner tonight is reversed: I am having a protein shake with half of a sliced, frozen banana. 

Worked out on TRX at gym for an hour today. 

On 3/9/2018 at 1:41 PM, delilas said:

M5: I've got chicken breasts, rotel, black beans, and spices roasting in the crockpot right now for some chicken tacos tonight :D 

This sounds WAY better than my normal "chuck a couple chicken breasts into the slow cooker with a few spices" method of making chicken tacos. Mind sharing your specifics so I can replicate?

My plan for the next few days:

Breakfast: Smoothie w/ blueberries, raspberries, banana, spinach, Fairlife milk; smokehouse almonds, 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
Lunch: Copycat of Whole Foods Roman tuna salad (olives, artichoke hearts, red bell pepper, tuna) w/ arugula
Dinner: 2 oz. Italian marinated grilled chicken breast, a serving of broccoli cheddar soup (I use the Smitten Kitchen recipe, but use 2% Fairlife instead of the half-and-half; and in my world, the recipe serves 12)
Snacks: 1 oz smoked turkey, 1 laughing cow cheese, 2 T hummus w/ cucumber and grape tomatoes; 1 sugar free York peppermint patty OR sugar free Reese's mini cup

895 calories; 53 carbs total (41 net); 39 g fat; 79 g protein

Edited by kristinwitha_k

7 hours ago, kristinwitha_k said:

This sounds WAY better than my normal "chuck a couple chicken breasts into the slow cooker with a few spices" method of making chicken tacos. Mind sharing your specifics so I can replicate?

Sure thing!

I mix up a can of black beans (pinto would be good too), a can of rotel, and either a packet of el paso taco spices or some homemade taco spices. I used to mix in a can of mexi-corn also, but corns a bit tough on my new belly :D Stir that together, and toss 3 or 4 frozen breasts on top, spoon a bit of the mixture on it. Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6. Shred them breasts and toss them back in and mix together well. DH likes to use tortilla chips to eat his, I just go at it with a fork and some cheese :D

2 hours ago, delilas said:

Sure thing!

I mix up a can of black beans (pinto would be good too), a can of rotel, and either a packet of el paso taco spices or some homemade taco spices. I used to mix in a can of mexi-corn also, but corns a bit tough on my new belly :D Stir that together, and toss 3 or 4 frozen breasts on top, spoon a bit of the mixture on it. Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6. Shred them breasts and toss them back in and mix together well. DH likes to use tortilla chips to eat his, I just go at it with a fork and some cheese :D

Thanks!! I am all over this for next week. Rotel and cheese in all the things, please. 

I will be back here posting next week after my surgery. Kind of boring and repetitive right now posting my Strawberry Optifast Shakes daily lol

I am using MFP just to get used to tracking already though.

Edited by Readytobeme

Here's yesterday and today:

Breakfast: Premier Protein caramel shake and coffee (use some of the shake in coffee and drink the rest)

Morning snack: Fresh strawberries and blueberries and 2 T natural almond butter

Lunch: Salad (baby spinach, grape tomatoes, baby cucumber, zucchini, mushrooms) with Sweet and Spicy Tuna packet  Homemade Citrus Cilantro dressing

Afternoon Snack: Apple and string cheese

Dinner:  Chicken Sausage (Italian flavored- 1 link) and sautéed mushrooms and zucchini

Evening snack:  Pistachios

I usually prepare at least 2 days worth of food at a time, packing what I need for at least 2 days at work.  The less to do last minute, the healthier my choices are :)

First off, @msmarymac, that sounds delish! And smart thinking on the prep ;)

Guess I will join in on the fun too :D :

Bkft- protein shake with unsweetened almond milk and strawberries

Lunch- sour kraut baked chicken breast

Supper- garden salad with 1 tbsp light mayo and mustard

Snack- 1 small can lemon pepper tuna, 4 dehydrated banana crisps

Bkft- leftover baked sour kraut chicken

Lunch - protein shake with spinach and blueberries

Supper- homemade pizza on low carb tortillas, lactose free cheese, spiced ground turkey meat, and veggies

Snack- baby carrot with Greek yogourt 'dip'

684 cal, 84g protein, 23g net carbs

B: chocolate premier protein shake

S:Dannon light and fit greek raspberry yogurt

L:4 oz vegetable broth

D: 4 oz chicken broth 

I have been on the struggle bus everything feels like bricks (even liquids) have an appt with the surgeon but it's not until Thursday

I’m having an off day..

B premiere protein shake - cookies n crime, not that great!

S quest protein bar

L 1 cup chili with a tablespoon of cheese

S apple

Supper: premiere protein shake -vanilla

S may be an apple or dannon light n fit Greek yogurt, if I’m hungry later..

just struggling to eat today..  made leftover brats for the family.  

1 hour ago, Cheesehead said:

I’m having an off day..

B premiere protein shake - cookies n crime, not that great!

S quest protein bar

L 1 cup chili with a tablespoon of cheese

S apple

Supper: premiere protein shake -vanilla

S may be an apple or dannon light n fit Greek yogurt, if I’m hungry later..

just struggling to eat today..  made leftover brats for the family.  

(((Hugs))) @Cheesehead...you feeling ok today? ❤️