Kio

What are you eating today?

1 hour ago, ktallon said:

Today has been a pretty decent day for me. Breakfast was 4 oz of a vanilla premier protein shake with a 1/2 scoop of genepro and a 1tbs of pb2. Lunch was 4 oz of dannon light fit vanilla greek yogurt with 1/2 scoop of genepro. For dinner i am working on 1 egg scrambled with ricotta cheese folded in. I find that eggs are dense so i may end up only eating about half. I will finish my night with another 4oz protein shake. I will end up at 65 grams of protein for the day. I have also hit 50 oz of fluids for the day. Also exciting news got my picc line pulled today. Win for me.

@ktallon that is such great news!  I bet you are thrilled to have that thing gone.  :):):)  And great job on the protein and fluids - you're making such wonderful progress!

I'm totally going to have to try that PB2 trick with vanilla premier.  It sounds awesome!

@ktallon, so far my favorite thing about this thread is seeing that YOU are eating stuff! Hooray! And your picc line is out. Yes yes yes! 2018 is going to be your year, baby!

5 minutes ago, Gretta said:

@ktallon, so far my favorite thing about this thread is seeing that YOU are eating stuff!

Agreed!

@Kio i love using the pb2 in my vanilla and my chocolate premier protein. It changes up the flavor just enough that i don't get sick of the protein shakes. I have found that since my surgery i can no longer stomach my beloved banana and cream premier protein it is just entirely way to artificial/sweet for my liking now. @Gretta thank you i am so glad to be on the right track this time. It is amazing being able to eat something after so long.

B: EAS choc protein/PB2/almond milk (36 gm pro)

L: chicken/mushroom/cr mush soup for "gravy" (25gm pro)

D: tuna/celery/avocado mayo (21 gm pro)

S: string cheese (8 gm pro)

Today I had 860 calories and 65 grams protein.

Breakfast:  Coffee with half a cup of Fairlife whole milk; Dannon light & fit greek yogurt (raspberry chocolate)

Lunch:  2 mozzarella sticks; the office provided lunch, and my GrandBoss got these specifically for me because she thought, protein!!!... but she didn't really consider the carbs. 

Snack: Most of one of my gluten free mini meat loaves; the rest was heartily enjoyed by the doggo.

Dinner:  10 cashews, an ounce or so of cheddar cheese, and a couple of super thin apple slices.

After dinner:  Bengal spice tea with a splash of vanilla premier protein shake.

Breakfast: 3.3 ounces sliced chicken, I cheese stick.

Lunch: 3.3 ounces sliced chicken, 1 cheese stick

Snack: 1ounce roasted edamame 

Dinner: 4 ounces sautéed scallops

Snack: Dannon Light and Fit Greek yogurt, 1 tbsp. chia seeds

80oz water

I needed an extra snack today because I was too low on calories. I just started eating edamame, and I really like it. Good source of protein too :) 

Calories-720

protein-86g

carbs-31g

Fiber-9g 

Fat-29

Edited by Nana Trish

Thanks for starting this tread. It’s one thing  do you know what you’re supposed to be eating, but it’s good to see what people really are eating. I’m just transitioning from puréed foods too soft. It sure is nice. I usually have a Optifast chocolate protein shake for breakfast. For lunch my go-to has been 4 ounces of papaya and 3 ounces of cottage cheese.  When I get tired of cottage cheese I mix it up with a tablespoon of blue cheese and mashed it all together. Only bad part of that is it comes out to be more like a dip in the urge to put it on a cracker is pretty strong.  Usually a premier protein shake for a late afternoon snack.  Dinner for the last three days has been 2 to 3 ounces of zucchini cheesy “bread sticks” that have been going around the Internet. They’re pretty tasty! Dip them in a little marinara sauce and you really feel like you’re getting a treat. Most days I have half a pouch of some kind of baby food fruit vegetable combo. Getting some green stuff is a hard habit to break. Another go-to has been baby food prunes. They fit well in the puréed diet right when you need them! Oh yeah and a real treat is a bit of avocado I picked up on my morning walk with some low-fat dressing. But mostly I’m proud about what I didn’t eat. Valentines Day at work came with home baked cookies, brownies, chocolate....  the downside of generous co-workers, and not telling them all about my surgery. 

5 hours ago, Nana Trish said:

80oz water

I needed an extra snack today because I was too low on calories. I just started eating edamame, and I really like it. Good source of protein too :) 

Calories-720

protein-86g

carbs-31g

Fiber-9g 

Fat-29

I hadn’t thought of roasted edamame. I’ll have to give that a try. Thanks for the idea:)

7 hours ago, Nana Trish said:

Hey @Nana Trish - help a n00b out? How exactly do you saute your scallops?  I keep seeing fresh scallops in whole foods and I want to try them, but I'm kind of afraid of them (I'm a verrrry nervous cook!)  Do you buy them fresh or frozen?  How many do you buy at a time and how do you store them?  Any time I google scallops I end up with these super high end recipes that I would never even attempt.  :)  But I know you and a bunch of others here really like them, and I want to try! 

6 hours ago, BringItOn said:

Thanks for starting this tread. It’s one thing  do you know what you’re supposed to be eating, but it’s good to see what people really are eating. I’m just transitioning from puréed foods too soft. It sure is nice. I usually have a Optifast chocolate protein shake for breakfast. For lunch my go-to has been 4 ounces of papaya and 3 ounces of cottage cheese.  When I get tired of cottage cheese I mix it up with a tablespoon of blue cheese and mashed it all together. Only bad part of that is it comes out to be more like a dip in the urge to put it on a cracker is pretty strong.  Usually a premier protein shake for a late afternoon snack.  Dinner for the last three days has been 2 to 3 ounces of zucchini cheesy “bread sticks” that have been going around the Internet. They’re pretty tasty! Dip them in a little marinara sauce and you really feel like you’re getting a treat. Most days I have half a pouch of some kind of baby food fruit vegetable combo. Getting some green stuff is a hard habit to break. Another go-to has been baby food prunes. They fit well in the puréed diet right when you need them! Oh yeah and a real treat is a bit of avocado I picked up on my morning walk with some low-fat dressing. But mostly I’m proud about what I didn’t eat. Valentines Day at work came with home baked cookies, brownies, chocolate....  the downside of generous co-workers, and not telling them all about my surgery. 

Hi!  Glad the thread is helping - that's what it's here for! It's helping me too - I pay way more attention and track now, because I want to post good stuff at the end of the day.  :) 

Transitioning to soft foods IS exciting, especially when you realize how much variety it really gives you.  Have you been to Eggface's blog yet?  So many different things you can do (though always make sure your plan allows, some plans are different.  She has put together some fabulous recipes, stuff I never even would have thought of. 

I work from home, so thankfully I only rarely get exposed to the office food cycle.  But I had to go in yesterday, and there was a big lunch.  I ended up having two mozzarella sticks for lunch - best of a bad spread - but other than that, stayed safe.  And miraculously, I had to be in the office on actual honest to god Valentine's day, and somehow did not get offered a single cookie or piece of chocolate or ANYTHING.  In fact, I'm pretty sure the only thing that I put in my mouth was water while I was there.  :)  It's funny, but the more I eat on plan, the less I actually notice that kind of stuff, even when it's there. 

Also, totally going to google zucchini bread sticks now...

10 hours ago, Nana Trish said:

80oz water

Calories-720

protein-86g

carbs-31g

Fiber-9g 

Fat-29

Wait... is that 0.8 lbs to goal I read there??? AWESOME!!!!

4 hours ago, Kio said:

Hey @Nana Trish - help a n00b out? How exactly do you saute your scallops?  I keep seeing fresh scallops in whole foods and I want to try them, but I'm kind of afraid of them (I'm a verrrry nervous cook!)  Do you buy them fresh or frozen?  How many do you buy at a time and how do you store them?  Any time I google scallops I end up with these super high end recipes that I would never even attempt.  :)  But I know you and a bunch of others here really like them, and I want to try! 

Happy to help any way I can :) I buy them fresh and frozen...depends on how soon I plan on eating them after purchase. I usually buy 12-16 ounces fresh, and frozen I think usually comes by the pound. Cooking them is very easy. I just use olive oil (about a tbsp), sautée garlic and onion in the pan, then throw the scallops in the pan after (a little salt and pepper to taste). Very simple. If you’re using frozen, make sure to thaw them first. You can cook them from frozen, but you end up with too much moisture in the pan and all of the flavor gets cooked out. I eat 4 ounces at a time, so there is usually enough for 2 meals for me and one for hubby. They are really tasty, and keep me full for longer than anything else I eat. Hubby usually cooks them for me because he likes to cook, and I don’t. But I have made them a couple of times on my own. I’ll ask him to be sure how long to cook them, because I can’t remember for sure, lol :) 

1 hour ago, BurgundyBoy said:

Wait... is that 0.8 lbs to goal I read there??? AWESOME!!!!

Yes sir!! I haven’t weighed myself since then, because I know I’ve been retaining a bit of water and don’t want the scale going back up, lol. I’ll be weighing over the weekend though, since tomorrow is my 9 month mark. Hopefully I will be able to announce that I’m at goal!! :) 

5 hours ago, Animalrescuer18 said:

I hadn’t thought of roasted edamame. I’ll have to give that a try. Thanks for the idea:)

I’ve only tried the roasted edamame recently. I used to eat it in a stir fry, but I’d never had it roasted prior to last week. It’s a great snack, especially if I’m under calories, plus there is more protein in an ounce of that than in my yogurt! Lol :) 

Instead of posting MFP or my daily menu again today  (spoiler: Same stuff as yesterday and the day before!) -- I thought I'd share what I'm eating right this minute.  It's dinner time!  This is 2 oz of chicken, and a bunch of guac, "sour cream" (that is, greek yogurt) and some onion.  I won't make it through all the other stuff - it's basically just garnish for the chicken - but it certainly is yummy garnish!  Basically it's a tiny fajita bowl.

image1.jpeg.4e71d68ab4aa591347ef18e3d980048c.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Kio said:

Instead of posting MFP or my daily menu again today  (spoiler: Same stuff as yesterday and the day before!) -- I thought I'd share what I'm eating right this minute.  It's dinner time!  This is 2 oz of chicken, and a bunch of guac, "sour cream" (that is, greek yogurt) and some onion.  I won't make it through all the other stuff - it's basically just garnish for the chicken - but it certainly is yummy garnish!  Basically it's a tiny fajita bowl.

image1.jpeg.4e71d68ab4aa591347ef18e3d980048c.jpeg

@Kio, my go to meal is fajitas, throw a couple slices of red pepper in and a little taco seasoning and salsa, I could eat that every meal..

5 minutes ago, Cheesehead said:

@Kio, my go to meal is fajitas, throw a couple slices of red pepper in and a little taco seasoning and salsa, I could eat that every meal..

I could too!  It's awesome.  I don't love cooked red peppers, so I always leave mine out of the pan and munch them afterwards, if I have any room left. 

I WISH I could convince Leah to use some fajita seasoning or something on the chicken, but she's a weirdo, so if I even want salt I have to add it to the chicken after.  It's the eternal dilemma - cook for myself and have spices, or let Leah cook for me and do without.  Tonight I'm pretty lazy.  :)  But she DOES make a mean guacamole, so that's definitely in her favor!

Sprinkle a little taco seasoning on after:). 

B: premier chocolate 4oz with 1tbs pb2 and 1/2 scoop genepro

Ms: 1 egg scrambled with 1tbs ricotta ate half

L: 1.5 oz of tuna with 1/2 tbs mayo

S: vanilla premier 4oz with 1/2 scoop genepro

D: 2oz vegetarian refried beans 1tsp taco seasoning and 1tbs sour cream only made it through about 1/2 i discovered i no longer like the taste of refried beans or at least for now. 

Fluid wise i only made it to 48 oz today 

Breakfast: 4oz chicken salad

Lunch: 3.3oz sliced chicken, 1 cheddar cheese stick

Snack: 3/4oz roasted edamame

Dinner: 4oz ham and cheese omelette

Snack: yogurt with chia seeds

Calories~825, Protein~81g, Carbs~35g, fiber~9g, sugar~10g, fat~43g

(a little higher on fat and carbs today than normal)

Edited by Nana Trish
Forgot to list protein, of all things, lol

Premiere Protein drink (chocolate)

Boiled egg

G2 Fruit punch 8oz (2)

1.5 oz cojack cheese packet

1 cup chicken tortilla soup (less tortilla strips)

1-2 oz. Chicken salad on bottom bun only of a wheat slider roll

Smoked Almonds

Lots of ice water

(Dove dark chocolate (37 calories) and/or a piece of beef jerky for evening snack)

Loving this thread, guys. I am going to join in starting on Saturday. The next 4 weeks will only be one small very precise meal and 5 optifast shakes per day but, it will get me used to tracking and being more accountable for what I eat.

Plus, I have to get at least 80 oz of water in each day. I will prob hit 80-120 as I am already pretty much doing this.

Thanks for starting it @Kio

Edited by Readytobeme

16 minutes ago, Readytobeme said:

Loving this thread, guys. I am going to join in starting on Saturday. The next 4 weeks will only be one small very precise meal and 5 optifast shakes per day but, it will get me used to tracking and being more accountable for what I eat.

Plus, I have to get at least 80 oz of water in each day. I will prob hit 80-120 as I am already pretty much doing this.

Thanks for starting it @Kio

Yum?  :)  Did I read you right in the other thread, all your shakes are strawberry?  I'm so sorry!  Is optifast really that horrible?

8 minutes ago, Kio said:

Yum?  :)  Did I read you right in the other thread, all your shakes are strawberry?  I'm so sorry!  Is optifast really that horrible?

Yep! lol When I went to pick them up today the dietician said she almost called me to make sure of my choice. Nobody could believe that I did not choose broths, bars or other flavors since I have to do it for a solid month.

Not only was the strawberry the only flavor that I found tolerable, I only liked the premix and not the powder. So, I spent about $40 more for the premix.  I did buy the entire months worth rather than week to week in order to save 10% on $500.00

I am the type that could easily eat the same thing every day if I like it. I think that I will be fine. The bariatric center said that they ave never before had anyone choose one item/flavor for the entire month. Until now.

I must consume 5 shakes each day and they have to be at least 2 hours apart. Should be good practice for getting everything in post op.

Edited by Readytobeme