Kio

What are you eating today?

B: premier caramel in my coffee, flourless monster cookie

L: 4oz chicken, Gouda stick, 1oz peanuts

S: protein granola bar

D: cheese and turkey stick

Finally a day under 50 carbs, whew.

1 hour ago, ktallon said:

So today has not been a very good day. I was on the low side with my protein and moderate on my fluids. I have been experiencing a lot of pain around my infected incision so that was a contributing factor. For breakfast i had 4 oz of a dannon light fit strawberry cheesecake greek yogurt with a 1/2 scoop of unflavored protein powder. For lunch i did pureed meatballs with 1tbs of sauce. For dinner i had 2oz refried beans with a 1/2 tbs of sour cream. Fluid wise i had 2 grape propels (16oz bottles) and now working on an 8oz mug of hot tea. Tomorrow my goal is to up my fluid intake and my protein.

Slowly but surely, though! :) Keep at it. Big shock to be eating after so long of NOT eating, I assume!

2 hours ago, ktallon said:

So today has not been a very good day. I was on the low side with my protein and moderate on my fluids. I have been experiencing a lot of pain around my infected incision so that was a contributing factor. For breakfast i had 4 oz of a dannon light fit strawberry cheesecake greek yogurt with a 1/2 scoop of unflavored protein powder. For lunch i did pureed meatballs with 1tbs of sauce. For dinner i had 2oz refried beans with a 1/2 tbs of sour cream. Fluid wise i had 2 grape propels (16oz bottles) and now working on an 8oz mug of hot tea. Tomorrow my goal is to up my fluid intake and my protein.

Ktallon, a month or so ago you could have only dreamt of eating this much. Don't beat yourself up too much over a day like today. Hopefully these these lower days will soon be just a distant memory.

Had a sausage patty, provolone and sauerkraut on a tortilla for breakfast. I added...wait for it...sriracha to the mix! Sounds like a weird combination, but I like sauerkraut on things.

Breakfast: Dannon light and fit Greek yogurt w/chia seeds

Snack: Protein shake

Lunch: 3.3 ounces chicken, 1 Cracker Barrel cheese stick

Dinner: 4 ounces scallops

Snack: Dannon light and fit Greek yogurt w/chia seeds

I hope you all have a great day :) 

Edited by Nana Trish

2 hours ago, Nana Trish said:

Breakfast: Dannon light and fit Greek yogurt w/chia seeds

Snack: Protein shake

Lunch: 3.3 ounces chicken, 1 Cracker Barrel cheese stick

Dinner: 4 ounces scallops

Snack: Dannon light and fit Greek yogurt w/chia seeds

I hope you all have a great day :) 

Careful or you'll turn into a Chia Pet! :)

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Jen581791 said:

giphy.gif

Hahaha :lol: Believe it or not, it took me a minute to figure out what you meant, lolol! 

I eat the seeds because that’s pretty much all of the fiber I get right now. Once I’m at maintenance I plan to add in more fiber, but right now that’s about all I can do. They do give my yogurt s nice texture :) 

I wish they would make my hair grow like that though...

Edited by Nana Trish

17 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

@AustinJ, thanks for the recipe!  My husband loves Chicken Cordon Bleu and he's doing low carb now that he is diagnosed w/ Diabetes so he will LOVE this! (me too!)

@CheeringCJ I’m sorry to hear that your husband has been diagnosed with diabetes. Is this a recent diagnosis?

M1: half a homemade protein shake (fairlife+decaf+unjury unflavored)

M2: Dannon Greek Yogurt (the zero artificial sweetener kind) + 2 tbsp pomegranate arils

M3: Chicken parmesan muffin (made enough for a whole darn week)

M4:  crispy apple + colby cheese, couple of dill pickle slices (DILLY BITES FTW)

M5:  Will be lemon chicken and maybe (hopefully) room for a couple bites of roasted asparagus.

3pm and so far 50 ounces of water, so should be on track to hit goals today :D

8 hours ago, TP1210 said:

Had a sausage patty, provolone and sauerkraut on a tortilla for breakfast. I added...wait for it...sriracha to the mix! Sounds like a weird combination, but I like sauerkraut on things.

I could eat sauerkraut for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We always have a few gallons in the fridge! 

17 hours ago, ktallon said:

@ktallon Hey girlfriend! You’ve come such a long way in the few months. You will increase your intake with time. This trial will be distant memory. I can’t wait for your motivational speaking career. Xo

Things only WLS peeps will understand. I grabbed a Premier Protein and gave it a strong shake. I had forgotten that I opened the bottle and managed to drench myself and the walls with chocolatey goodness. 

That was my lunch time snack. :)

1 hour ago, NerdyToothpick said:

Things only WLS peeps will understand. I grabbed a Premier Protein and gave it a strong shake. I had forgotten that I opened the bottle and managed to drench myself and the walls with chocolatey goodness. 

Been there, done that, got all over my T-shirt. :D

5 hours ago, NerdyToothpick said:

@CheeringCJ I’m sorry to hear that your husband has been diagnosed with diabetes. Is this a recent diagnosis?

Yes, he was diagnosed a few weeks ago, w/ type 2 and put on Glucophage.  He started to eat like I eat (protein/healthy fats and barely any carbs) but regular portions and he already lost 10 or 15 pounds! (darned him, it's always easy for him to lose weight!).  Seriously though I am really glad he changed his diet and it makes it easier for me too...we look for different ways to get our protein in and we snack on almonds :) .  I was so excited bc I finally weighed less than him....for about a week! haha!   But that is ok, I will keep going down and he doesn't need to go down as far as I do, so I will "win" in the end! (actually we will BOTH win bc we will both be healthier!)

(protein grams)

B: EAS protein (30 gm), PB2 (5 gm) and unsweet almond milk (1 gm)

L: Quest blueberry cobbler protein bar (17 gm) (I never have protein bars but I had one for lunch bc I wasn't able to take a lunch break today)

D: Chicken (shredded) and mushrooms/onions in cream chicken soup for "gravy" (21 gm)

S: I will either have some almonds or a string cheese and head to bed

9 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

giphy.gif

you know I am singing that as it grows....."Ch, ch, ch chia...ch, ch, ch chia..."

Hi everybody!  This thread is already making me more conscious of what I'm eating - I keep thinking about adding stuff through the day!

Breakfast: 

• A BLT salad (by which I mean: 1.5 slices of bacon, a tablespoon of mayo, and some leftover lettuce and tomato from taco night!)
  • A cup of instant coffee (Via Starbucks Blonde Roast) and 1/2 cup Fairlife whole milk

Snack:

• Package of moon cheese (basically mozzarella cheese; 20 g protein and 4 g carbs per package)

Lunch:

• a Dannon Light & Fit Greek yogurt (Raspberry Chocolate).  I tried their Tiramisu flavor and either it had gone off, or it was seriously nasty; I couldn't tell.  One tiny taste of it and I threw it out.

Snack:

• 3 Carr's Cheese Melt crackers (8g carbs, too many - rare snack)
  • 2 slices cheddar cheese

Dinner:

• 2.5-3 oz of meat loaf (I'm eating this right now, and I don't think I'm going to make it through even 2.5 oz...)

According to MFP this puts me at 943 calories for the day, with 66 g protein, 37 g carbs, 61 g fat.  Not a bad day, but I kind of felt like I was eating ALL day.  That's probably because the Moon Cheese took a long time to get through, but I wanted the protein. There are better/denser sources, though! 

I'm also through 34 oz of water, 16 oz of coffee.  Another 16 oz will put me where I generally end up on a GOOD day for fluids.

BTW, I'm "kioji" on MFP if anyone wants to add me - but I warn you I only use it intermittently, and always forget to enter my fluids, or update my weight and stuff...

23 minutes ago, CheeringCJ said:

Yes, he was diagnosed a few weeks ago, w/ type 2 and put on Glucophage.  He started to eat like I eat (protein/healthy fats and barely any carbs) but regular portions and he already lost 10 or 15 pounds! (darned him, it's always easy for him to lose weight!).  Seriously though I am really glad he changed his diet and it makes it easier for me too...we look for different ways to get our protein in and we snack on almonds :) .  I was so excited bc I finally weighed less than him....for about a week! haha!   But that is ok, I will keep going down and he doesn't need to go down as far as I do, so I will "win" in the end! (actually we will BOTH win bc we will both be healthier!)

Good to hear, @CheeringCJ Hopefully, taking off a few pounds and the meds will soon get his A1c under control. 

7 minutes ago, NerdyToothpick said:

Good to hear, @CheeringCJ Hopefully, taking off a few pounds and the meds will soon get his A1c under control. 

he's been testing and has gotten his BSs under control pretty quickly so I am really pleased and he can eat well when he has too!  It's actually been a literal lifesaver...he was so depressed about being out of work for 6 months and getting rejection after rejection that he was comfort eating and that was hard on me to watch/stomach and I felt sorry for him but knew that wasn't the way to deal with it so this probably is saving his life!

54 minutes ago, Kio said:

Dinner:

• 2.5-3 oz of meat loaf (I'm eating this right now, and I don't think I'm going to make it through even 2.5 oz...)

According to MFP this puts me at 943 calories for the day, with 66 g protein, 37 g carbs, 61 g fat.  Not a bad day, but I kind of felt like I was eating ALL day.  That's probably because the Moon Cheese took a long time to get through, but I wanted the protein. There are better/denser sources, though! 

I'm also through 34 oz of water, 16 oz of coffee.  Another 16 oz will put me where I generally end up on a GOOD day for fluids.

Since this is at least partly for any n00bies who might wander in, I want to share what I just did.  Well, I don't WANT to... but I WILL.

I hit post on my meal post, then slowly finished my 2 oz of meat loaf.  And then I thought to myself "Oh, I have more water to get in, too!"

So I took my 6 months of vast post-surgical eating experience to the kitchen and ... poured a glass of water ... and drank about half of it... before remembering I wasn't supposed to be drinking yet.  :blink::wacko::(

And then I had the burping and the hiccuping and the nose-running, and the trip to the bathroom to reverse the eating and drinking process.  Now, there is almost no way that last 16 oz of water will be happening tonight.

DON'T BE ME, KIDS!

7 hours ago, NerdyToothpick said:

I could eat sauerkraut for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We always have a few gallons in the fridge! 

Something else I can't find here *weeps uncontrollably*

9 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

Something else I can't find here *weeps uncontrollably*

It’s pretty easy, but very time consuming to make. My MIL tried to get me to make it in five gallon buckets. 

E2ACA870-5E02-4729-958F-62E1300E8B97.gif

10 hours ago, Kio said:

Since this is at least partly for any n00bies who might wander in, I want to share what I just did.  Well, I don't WANT to... but I WILL.

I hit post on my meal post, then slowly finished my 2 oz of meat loaf.  And then I thought to myself "Oh, I have more water to get in, too!"

So I took my 6 months of vast post-surgical eating experience to the kitchen and ... poured a glass of water ... and drank about half of it... before remembering I wasn't supposed to be drinking yet.  :blink::wacko::(

And then I had the burping and the hiccuping and the nose-running, and the trip to the bathroom to reverse the eating and drinking process.  Now, there is almost no way that last 16 oz of water will be happening tonight.

DON'T BE ME, KIDS!

Oh @Kio! I’m sorry to hear that this happened. I’ve made this mistake and it’s awful. 

Today was a pretty good day!  A little more carby than my usual, but still under 50, so I'm cool.  I try to stay between 30-40 most days.

Instead of typing it all in, I'm just going to screen grab MFP - lazy day!  Also, if anyone wants the recipe for the Gluten Free Mini Meat Loaves, it's here:  https://glutenfreeonashoestring.com/gluten-free-mini-meatloaves/ - I omitted the glaze.  I also omitted the parsley from the meat loaf, because yuk.

Also, that's the last of the crackers - they were super dangerous, but now they are gone, and I won't be buying any more for a loooong while.  :) 

Capture.thumb.PNG.be103a1e6a1cca7eea2d3d2d32006257.PNG

Today has been a pretty decent day for me. Breakfast was 4 oz of a vanilla premier protein shake with a 1/2 scoop of genepro and a 1tbs of pb2. Lunch was 4 oz of dannon light fit vanilla greek yogurt with 1/2 scoop of genepro. For dinner i am working on 1 egg scrambled with ricotta cheese folded in. I find that eggs are dense so i may end up only eating about half. I will finish my night with another 4oz protein shake. I will end up at 65 grams of protein for the day. I have also hit 50 oz of fluids for the day. Also exciting news got my picc line pulled today. Win for me.