Sign in to follow this  
TP1210

Road racing motorcycles..a complete workout!

As many of you know, I am a novice motorcycle road racer. I have taken several track schools, I hold an AMA Novice Class competition license and I own a few bikes that I race. I have always been a rider, even at my heaviest, but now at a slim 152, I am a serious enthusiast. The level of muscle work you have to put into throwing around a 400 pound bike at speeds (fighting gyroscopic effect to turn the bike) is amazing. A 45 minute track session is an extreme full body workout. Even aggressive street riding for a day takes a lot out of you. Is anyone else out there in TT land into riding or racing superbikes? I would love to talk to other riders who have gone from obese to thin and share stories of how it has affected your riding. I can tell you this, coming from where I was (weight wise), this new body is far more adept at racing!

I am not a rider, but I just wanted to comment that I noticed your ticker and thought it was cool there was a motorcycle one for you :)  Glad you get such a workout from it.  I would have never imagined that until you say about maneuvering a 400# machine!  

4 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

I am not a rider, but I just wanted to comment that I noticed your ticker and thought it was cool there was a motorcycle one for you :)  Glad you get such a workout from it.  I would have never imagined that until you say about maneuvering a 400# machine!  

On a bike, unlike a car, you are a pivotal part of the suspension and handling. Leaning off the bike to achieve a greater lean angle dictates how quickly you can corner the machine. Add to that the fact that rotating mass (the spinning wheels) wants nothing more than to stay upright and go straight (gyroscopic effect), makes for an incredible full body workout.

rep01.thumb.jpg.a4af8e5af99c6bd062597d9aa428debc.jpg