Jessreed

Buddy or mentor in South/Central Florida?

I am midway through my six month pre surgery diet for vsg.  Any one at the same point it with similar interests? Still struggling with making kitchen changes and getting my family on board. I am trying to learn everything from what kind of food and alcohol I can have in my house. 

Thanks!

I am just starting my weight loss journey and considering VSG. My husband can unfortunately eat 5000 calories in one meal and is so thin, he supports my decision; however I cook for him and that’s tough because he has an unhealthy life for large meals and has a ton of snacks in his home office. I switched to red wine and barley even drink that anymore.

7 minutes ago, Susanvmallory said:

I am just starting my weight loss journey and considering VSG. My husband can unfortunately eat 5000 calories in one meal and is so thin, he supports my decision; however I cook for him and that’s tough because he has an unhealthy life for large meals and has a ton of snacks in his home office. I switched to red wine and barley even drink that anymore.

I understand the husband issue. My husband is a big guy who can eat a great deal without damage. He supports me but I am trying to wrap my head around all the many cooking changes I need to make.... I cleaned out all the grains from my kitchen except a bit of quinoa... Basically all the things that I tend to overdo but I have to come up with alternative options for my husband and teenagers.