purplemartini

Not losing as much as I thought.

So, I had the Roux en Y in July of 16 and am so happy about losing 100 lbs which I worked hard at but the weight has now stopped coming off. Yes, there are things that I can still do to keep the weight loss going but I'm nowhere near my goal of 100lbs more to lose. Has anyone else had the same issue? Are you more than 100lbs away from your goal at over a year post-op?

weight.pngpre-op.jpeg.064e809f65891ea9cde494f8b508b8fd.jpeg5a7e0a3ada3e9_1yearout.jpeg.1ab150e73a41ac986bc074d6e8bc4d57.jpeg

Edited by purplemartini
to add pics and tracker

Welcome to the forum, @purplemartini :) 

Congrats on the 100 pound weight loss!! You say the weight loss has stopped, but there are still things you can do to keep the weight loss going. Is the reason you stopped losing because you’ve gone off plan, or started letting foods back in to your diet that you shouldn’t be eating? If there are things you can do to start things up again, you should definitely start doing them. Use your tool and make it work for you. You can get things moving again by going back to basics...protein first, plenty of fluids, take your supplements, etc. Weigh your food. You can do it. Come here for support if you need it! This is a great group of people with loads of great advice and a lot of experience :) There is also the 5 day pouch test which is great...I’ve just done that myself, and it works wonders!

Hi @purplemartini and welcome :) 

Congrats in your losses so far - you’ve really achieved a lot, and the difference in the photos is really obvious!

As @Nana Trish mentioned, if there’s stuff you know you should be doing, try doing it - and maybe also spend some time thinking about what types of behaviors or situations tend to push you away from your goals. If there’s a time or place or activity that acts to sabotage you, that might be something worth thinking about avoiding. 

This forum is a great place to come when you’re  needing to just talk about things. So many great people with a variety of experiences and supportive attitudes. I hope you find what you need to get you moving in the direction you want.

Honestly you really don' look like you need to go another hundred x well done you look great . Look at minI goals how many non scale victorys are you having too...it will happen x

1 hour ago, Lankyliz said:

Honestly you really don' look like you need to go another hundred x well done you look great . Look at minI goals how many non scale victorys are you having too...it will happen x

Thanks for pointing this out, @Lankyliz! I was going to ad: you certainly carry your weight well - I'd never guess you weren't closer to your goal from your photo. And then I forgot to ad it, so glad Liz did. You look great, @purplemartini.

3 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

Thanks for pointing this out, @Lankyliz! I was going to ad: you certainly carry your weight well - I'd never guess you weren't closer to your goal from your photo. And then I forgot to ad it, so glad Liz did. You look great, @purplemartini.

Yes I agree with these two. I tried to pull your pic up because my initial thought was she cant weigh 267 .  Then I immediately thought she must be really tall.  You look very nice and carry your weight well. 

Stick to your plan and you will make goal.

I was extremely lucky, I never really hit a stall, but I had a LOT of excess weight to lose. When I felt my weight loss was going too slow, I went back to the 6 week diet plan from my surgeon and that would kick start the weight loss. Look at your history, what diet stage were you at when you lost the most weight? Going back to basics is never a bad idea!

You look great, by the way, and you will be fine! Discipline and adherence to the plan is the way to go!

I'm with Trish on giving the 5-Day Pouch Test a go.  It "helps one get back to the basics of the weight loss surgery diet and it triggers weight loss. Also, it is not difficult to follow and if you are in a stage of carb-cycling it will break this pattern.".

1 hour ago, cinwa said:

I'm with Trish on giving the 5-Day Pouch Test a go.  It "helps one get back to the basics of the weight loss surgery diet and it triggers weight loss. Also, it is not difficult to follow and if you are in a stage of carb-cycling it will break this pattern.".

Amen to that!! I started my pouch test last weekend, and I've lost 7 pounds since last Saturday :D It really does work, and it really does break the carb cravings and helps get your focus back where it should be.

13 hours ago, tracyringo said:

Yes I agree with these two. I tried to pull your pic up because my initial thought was she cant weigh 267 .  Then I immediately thought she must be really tall.  You look very nice and carry your weight well. 

Stick to your plan and you will make goal.

Same here! You certainly don't look like you are carrying that degree of excess weight. Clearly you have a great eye when it comes to dressing to cover that excess.

8 hours ago, Nana Trish said:

Amen to that!! I started my pouch test last weekend, and I've lost 7 pounds since last Saturday :D It really does work, and it really does break the carb cravings and helps get your focus back where it should be.

While I was a naysayer to you on this because I know what my surgeon would say if he caught me doing it, I might give this a shot myself. I've not been good the last few weeks when it comes to carbs (and it is showing on the scale now although only by about 3lbs) but I seriously need to get back on track. My next blood draw is only a week away, with surgeon followup in two weeks. I know that I'm carrying loads of extra water weight so would be nice to see if I can shift some of it.

I am in a similar situation. I am a week away from 2 years out and still have 60+ pounds to lose. My goal this year is to lose five pounds a month and get this done. 

I stopped weighing, tracking and counting last May to the end of the year. The good news is that I maintained my 170 pound loss that whole time but it left me feeling pretty crappy for wasting that much time. It's hard to stay in the game when the number to lose is bigger than some starting weights but I'm hoping with small goals I can pull it off.

You look great, keep it up! 

11 hours ago, KMFL28 said:

It's hard to stay in the game when the number to lose is bigger than some starting weights

Trust me, this just makes it a bigger personal victory when you do it! Best of luck to you!

17 hours ago, Aussie H said:

While I was a naysayer to you on this because I know what my surgeon would say if he caught me doing it, I might give this a shot myself. I've not been good the last few weeks when it comes to carbs (and it is showing on the scale now although only by about 3lbs) but I seriously need to get back on track. My next blood draw is only a week away, with surgeon followup in two weeks. I know that I'm carrying loads of extra water weight so would be nice to see if I can shift some of it.

I don't know how my surgeon would feel about me having done this...I never asked, lol. But I know he certainly wouldn't approve of the way I had gone off plan and stalled myself, not to mention the things I was consuming. I figured it was only 2 days of just liquids, then getting back on plan slowly over the next 3 days. And I was completely amazed at how well it worked and how great I feel...and of course the weight/water loss :) I was on liquids only, back in August, for 2 weeks with diverticulitis. That was not fun. This was so much easier, and healthier, than that. It truly feels like I've reset my reset, lol. Good luck! 

Edited by Nana Trish