Nycready87

Jacobi medical center

Has anyone did the vsg process with Jacobi medical center in the Bronx ny??? If so what was the process, time frame, steps taken there?

I was just checking it out. The fact that it is a center of excellence is a very good sign.

" Our Center of Excellence status reflects the highest level of quality, safety, and successful outcomes… outcomes so outstanding, we’re publishing them "

http://www.nychealthandhospitals.org/jacobi/our-services/surgical-specialty/

The info that I see on their site looks pretty good to me. Hopefully someone that has actually been there will chime in though.

At Jacobi’s acclaimed Bariatric Surgery Center, weight-loss surgery is one component of a multidisciplinary approach. Before our doctors approve you for surgery, we require that you attend two informational sessions, have nutritional counseling, a psychiatric evaluation, medical clearance and undergo any tests we think are indicated. And long after the surgery, our team continues working with you. The surgery makes it easier for you to lose weight. But it isn’t a magic pill. Losing your excess weight and maintaining a healthy weight require permanent changes in eating and activity levels. That’s where our team comes in, offering unlimited support and guidance. We talk to you about exercise, about hydration, and about food choices. We work out personalized strategies for your lifestyle and personality. And we help you help you deal with emotional issues that arise because of the “new you.”

Yea they seem pretty good also I'm thinking about doing it. There too 

The criteria that they have listed seems pretty standard to me. My surgeon requires 10 pre op classes plus the psych eval, nutritional eval, etc.

Once you pick a Dr there, you can look the Dr up on HealthGrades to see how other patients rate them. I also like to use Vitals website for this purpose.