Greetings:

My name's Josh and I had my Roux-en-Y on January 8th. My healing is going well and I'm happy to say I have had zero complications. I'm currently in the soft foods stage, which is boring me out of my mind. I still have zero appetite and have resorted to alarms to make sure I take my pills, hydrate and actually eat. 

Welcome! Isn't it amazing needing alarms to eat? Sorry you're bored. Good thing it's temporary. Good job taking it slow so you can heal up right.

Welcome, Josh. I have not yet had surgery but I do hear that each phase passes quickly. Hang in there and this too shall pass. You will be eating solid food again before you even know it.

Welcome, Josh! Congrats on your successful surgery and your excellent recovery so far :) 

You may want to check out http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/ for food ideas. I totally get not wanting to eat after surgery - I was not at all interested in food for a while! - but Eggface has got some great recipes for every food stage, as well as other tips and tricks and advice. Ricotta bake is life. 

Best of luck on your journey! Keep us updated.

7 hours ago, jmw1976 said:

Greetings:

My name's Josh and I had my Roux-en-Y on January 8th. My healing is going well and I'm happy to say I have had zero complications. I'm currently in the soft foods stage, which is boring me out of my mind. I still have zero appetite and have resorted to alarms to make sure I take my pills, hydrate and actually eat. 

Same thing I had to do when I had my surgery.  Where did you have the surgery? What weight were you when you started the process? It's a very exciting time for you, you will soon learn a lot about your new system. Best of luck and we are always here to help!

Welcome to Thinner Times Josh.

Hi there :wub:

Welcome Josh!

Welcome, Josh!!!  How many times did you forget to eat last year?!?  Isn't it amazing your stomach doesn't have control of your brain anymore?!?  

Welcome to Thinner Times Josh! :)

Welcome!  The first 6 months are truly a learning experience!