On 2/14/2018 at 9:26 AM, Carly672 said:

I am going thru the same as you, I had the sleeve done 8yrs ago and before surgery I had very bad GERD I would wake up in the middle of the night choking on acid  which I inhaled into my windpipe.  But, After surgery it got better, but about 5 yrs later it started again,  And that is when I found out that the sleeve actually promotes acid reflux.  So 10 weeks ago I had the gastric bypass to help with reducing the acid producing cells in my stomach to find out that I have a moderately large hiatal hernia which I will possibly need another surgery to repair in the future.  Right now omeprazole is helping.  As I follow up with the doctor I will make updates.

Sorry for what you went through.  Glad you are now getting relief.  Did you get a full bypass?  I really don't know how to phrase the question.  I know someone who had revision but they did a short bypass.  She lost only 15 pounds which was good as she only had a 10 pound regain in 6 years.  

Keep me updated on how you are doing.  

1 hour ago, Kim M said:

Not sure if I will need a repair.  I am having a endoscope next Friday and will know more.   Hard to say about the meds as I am on high does of antibiotics that I believe would bother anyones stomach.  

Make sure you are taking probiotics and eat lots of yoghurt. I've had three courses of antibiotics so far this year for abscesses and am really suffering with thrush (candida) now. This nasty little fungi is appearing everywhere, despite doing everything I could to prevent it. I'm not even someone who is prone to candida but this has been a nightmare.

9 hours ago, Kim M said:

Thanks so much for your kind words.  One of the things they mentioned is that will be checking for Barrett's Esophagus.  Do you have revision surgery from the sleeve?  

So glad you are doing well.  

No, I never had the sleeve just rny.