Cardamom77

I made a mug "cake"!

Well, more of a thing that is cooked in a mug, is vaguely cake-ish, and has more of a dense, dry pudding type texture? But it tastes pretty good, so I'm calling it a win. Anyway, it's 3 tbsp PB2 peanut powder (I used the chocolate PB2), 1 tbsp Splenda, 1 egg, and 1.5 tbsp water. Mix that all up in a mug and nuke for a minute. Voila! I'm sure you could do it with other stuff, too. If you are cool with full fat peanut butter, that would probably be even tastier - just omit the water and do 3 tbsp of peanut butter. I'm just still in the active losing phase and want to keep my fats on the low-ish side (though not as low as a lot of folks). 

I could only eat half of it, but I'm going to save the rest for later. 

Edited by Cardamom77

32 minutes ago, Cardamom77 said:

Well, more of a thing that is cooked in a mug, is vaguely cake-ish, and has more of a dense, dry pudding type texture? But it tastes pretty good, so I'm calling it a win. Anyway, it's 3 tbsp PB2 peanut powder (I used the chocolate PB2), 1 tbsp Splenda, 1 egg, and 1.5 tbsp water. Mix that all up in a mug and nuke for a minute. Voila! I'm sure you could do it with other stuff, too. If you are cool with full fat peanut butter, that would probably be even tastier - just omit the water and do 3 tbsp of peanut butter. I'm just still in the active losing phase and want to keep my fats on the low-ish side (though not as low as a lot of folks). 

That sounds so yummy...And I have all the ingredients but the egg (just ran out tonight) or I'd go make it. 

2 hours ago, Cardamom77 said:

This sounds pretty good !!  I will be buying the PB2 next time I go to the store. Thank you

I love when a cooking experiment goes right! Thanks for sharing.

I have two containers of the PB2. One plain, one chocolate. I will have to give this a try as I do love peanut butter and chocolate. Thanks for sharing.

Update: the saving for later didn’t work out. It was pretty gross leftover. Lol! Just a warning.

10 hours ago, tracyringo said:

This sounds pretty good !!  I will be buying the PB2 next time I go to the store. Thank you

I use the PB2 to add to my choc protein shakes to change the flavor when I am tired of just chocolate shakes...and it makes delicious choc/PB  protein ice cream too!  (2 TBSP adds 5 gm of protein)

3 minutes ago, CheeringCJ said:

I use the PB2 to add to my choc protein shakes to change the flavor when I am tired of just chocolate shakes...and it makes delicious choc/PB  protein ice cream too!  (2 TBSP adds 5 gm of protein)

Thanks for the information @CheeringCJCJ. I am guessing you have an ice cream machine ?  Guess I need one.  Do you mind sharing the recipe please?

@tracyringo  I LOVE my protein ice cream (and it sure is a break from shakes!).  I just dump the shake in and out comes ice cream!  I have a kitchenaid mixer and bought the ice cream maker that goes with that.  I love, love, love it!  it works great, but on Amazon you can read reviews from other ice cream makers and get one but i highly recommend it.  (eggface has a lot of recipes for protein ice cream but I haven't gotten into them but I should).

ps you don't need rock salt for the kitchenaid one....look for one w/o rock salt, which is a pain and a mess.  the KA one you just put in the freezer for 15 hrs first...so I just keep mine in there....then all you do it hook it up, fill it w/ protein shake and turn it on.

Edited by CheeringCJ

4 minutes ago, CheeringCJ said:

@tracyringo  I LOVE my protein ice cream (and it sure is a break from shakes!).  I just dump the shake in and out comes ice cream!  I have a kitchenaid mixer and bought the ice cream maker that goes with that.  I love, love, love it!  it works great, but on Amazon you can read reviews from other ice cream makers and get one but i highly recommend it.  (eggface has a lot of recipes for protein ice cream but I haven't gotten into them but I should).

ps you don't need rock salt for the kitchenaid one....look for one w/o rock salt, which is a pain and a mess.  the KA one you just put in the freezer for 15 hrs first...so I just keep mine in there....then all you do it hook it up, fill it w/ protein shake and turn it on.

Thank you CJ .  I love ice cream and cake they are my weaknesses.  I will definitely be trying the ice cream by spring.

2 minutes ago, tracyringo said:

Thank you CJ .  I love ice cream and cake they are my weaknesses.  I will definitely be trying the ice cream by spring.

why wait til spring?  you can have your same protein shakes as ice cream now w/o adding any calories :D

5 minutes ago, CheeringCJ said:

why wait til spring?  you can have your same protein shakes as ice cream now w/o adding any calories :D

I am cold lol.

3 minutes ago, tracyringo said:

I am cold lol.

LOL!!!  Me too, but I still love me some ice cream!!! haha!

4 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

LOL!!!  Me too, but I still love me some ice cream!!! haha!

Me too, but now I totally want ice cream too!  I have a KA mixer, maybe I should get an ice cream maker too.  Always looking for a more fun way to have a protein shake, lol!

@Kio @CheeringCJ I thinking mug cake and protein shake ice cream sounds pretty good !!

2 hours ago, Kio said:

Me too, but now I totally want ice cream too!  I have a KA mixer, maybe I should get an ice cream maker too.  Always looking for a more fun way to have a protein shake, lol!

The kitchen aid one makes it like soft ice cream (firm though, not drippy) and I can tolerate it soooo much easier then drinking my protein shakes!