Nycready87

3 month vs 6month

So the insurance company has a 6month requirement without significant gaps or 3 months of provided through a multidisciplinary bariactric program......?????? 

What does that mean? What is considered a multidisciplinary bariatric program.... is that just through the bariactric surgeons office? 

Confused

Best thing to do would be to call your insurance company for clarification. I think that the 3 months would indeed be done at your bariatric surgeons office. I had to attend classes at the surgeons office and have my weight recorded each time.

Do let us know what you find out.

It wasn't that helpful to be honest it literally was a hour. I got more information online. It just confirmed everything that was basic info. They said you get all the real info at the consultation. But you have to do the seminar in order to schedule the consultation. So once I schedule that tomorrow I will know more and post 

It seems that most of these bariatric groups do put us through the paces. Mostly with good reason though. I had to complete 5 pre op support classes before I could even meet with the surgeon. I guess that they want to be sure people are really going to do it before wasting the surgeons time.

I have United Healthcare and it truly has been no problem just to call and get answers directly from them about my WLS benefits. I found that was the best way for me to get accurate information.

That's very true. They have a small folder of the steps that was very interesting. It's a lot of steps but it's like repetitive. I have ghi emblem health insurance it's says the 6 month and it also says the 3month. So that part is confusing but the insurance company couldn't explain it too clear either she seems confused so I just have to wait to see what happens at the consult, they will be able to explain it. And tell me if they fall into That category of multidisciplinary or not. 

I'm using montefiore in Bronx ny. They seem really good there