gtalan

Seven weeks until Plastics

I always swore I would be happy with just losing weight - and I am - but I am biting the bullet and having surgery at the end of March in Chicago.

lower body lift, breast lift and implants

Self pay which stinks, but I think I will like the results.

Very excited!!

Very exciting! The lower body lift intrigues me - I've seen a lot more info on the tummy stuff, but not much on the lower body procedures. Very curious to know how it all goes! I hope you have a great experience :) 

Congrats!  Even with a small complication post-op (blood clot in leg) I am so very happy with results.   And, I no longer get stopped in airport security under suspicion of smuggling something under my pants (nope, just my extra skin lol). 

Are you having that all in one surgery?  I had two different procedures and was under anesthesia roughly 6 hours each time.  First one was lower body lift (inner thighs, abdomen, tummy tuck, lipo, with fat transfer into buttocks) and the second was breast lift with implants and upper arms.  First was by far the worse, because of having drains I think.  Anyway, to me the results are so worth it! 

pretty exciting!  keep us posted! (and I keep swearing the same thing...but I am just starting to get my lose skin so we will see how I feel in a year or two!)

Excited for you! My plastics were self pay and am very happy with my results. 

How exciting! Good for you!

Very exciting! I am pretty certain that I will not have plastics. I have lost 100 pounds plus a few times in my life but, never had to deal with loose skin. My fingers are crossed that it won't be too horrible this time and I am able to just deal with it.

Good luck!

Dr. estimates 6 hours surgery - cut in half and pull UP.  Breast lift and implants. 

2nd surgery would be inner thighs and arms.  Not sure I will do that one - if the LBL pulls my outer thighs enough I may be satisfied.  So Expensive!

My neck on the other hand??  Is looking very turkey like so I may have to do that.

Thank you all for the kinds words!

I just had the trunk surgery 1/12/18. I had about 8 pounds of skin removed. I was around 485 before WLS, so I had a lot of skin. The surgery was a breeze,back home the same day. Only complications I had was my allergy to pain medication and bacitracin. Other than that, I was out and about, even back on a motorcycle, in a few weeks.

One curiosity I do have, you are not at goal weight yet. I am surprised they will do the surgery before your weight stabilizes. I was told I had to have 6 months of non-fluctuating weight and be under a certain BMI (subject to the doctor's assessment) before they would schedule me. Did that ever come into play with your surgeon?

I am sitting at 204 this morning - and am satisfied if this is where I end up - especially as doctor thinks I have about 10-15 pounds of skin to come off.  And am right at a BMI of 30.

I do not get to come home the same day - need to spend a night in the hospital.

Cannot wait to get back on the Indian!

20 hours ago, gtalan said:

Dr. estimates 6 hours surgery - cut in half and pull UP.  Breast lift and implants. 

2nd surgery would be inner thighs and arms.  Not sure I will do that one - if the LBL pulls my outer thighs enough I may be satisfied.  So Expensive!

My neck on the other hand??  Is looking very turkey like so I may have to do that.

Thank you all for the kinds words!

Yeah, my neck is also one of the areas I'm not thrilled with - I can cover up everything but my new gobbler.  :) 

I'm likely to do plastics eventually, because if I get to my goal I'll basically be a thin person in a giant skin sack.  I hope you'll keep us posted along the way!  I'm sure it will be awesome to lose the extra skin.  :)

7 hours ago, gtalan said:

I am sitting at 204 this morning - and am satisfied if this is where I end up - especially as doctor thinks I have about 10-15 pounds of skin to come off.  And am right at a BMI of 30.

I do not get to come home the same day - need to spend a night in the hospital.

Cannot wait to get back on the Indian!

Your dr might be over estimating how much the skin you are taking off will weigh. We are the same height. My starting weight was 310 and the day of my plastics I weighed 159. I had a tummy tuck and breast lift. My removed skin weighed less than 2 pounds. I understand how everyone is shaped differently and I didn't have anything removed from my back side. But 10 - 15 pounds sounds like a lot. Also, to @TP1210's point, my weight had been stable for a few months before plastics. I took it a step further and got below my goal weight by 10 pounds because I wanted my skin to be tight. A couple of people on here had plastics and then kept losing and ended up with skin looser than they had wanted.

After WLS we have to have stabilised weight for two years here before plastics will be approved, and BMI must be below 30 maximum. I do see the point given how many people start to regain 12-18 months post-op. In the UK I recall seeing a documentary recently where BMI had to be below 28. The documentary was basically following NHS WLS patients and concluding that most will never qualify for skin removal.