Hi i had my gastric band fitted on friday, i did feel slightly hungry and yesterday made the mistake of eating a slice of wholemeal toast and a slice of bacon, it actually went down no problem but i suffered today i just felt full with a bit of throbbing pain anyway i spoke to dietician who told me to go back to fluids and not to do this again as we dont want to stretch anything too far. I suppose i was testing my band in a way but am still surprised i managed to keep it down, has anyone else felt hunger and tried solids sooner than should ? Ps i wont be doing it again il go strictly by the book, but it does make you wonder if its worked as at the time i felt i could eat more. !! 

Welcome to Thinner Times!

As you only had your gastric band fitted a few days ago, you won't feel much of any restriction because your band is empty. 

Yes since writing this today i read a few chats on various forums and realised that i wont really feel the true  benefit until i get a few fills and start understanding the way the band works. Hopefully il be a happy bander in the coming months.

Bands really aren't very common on this forum. I have a sister who has had hers for just over 3 years now. She never really changed her approach to eating (just the volume) and consequently never lost any weight. She's currently in the process of organising a revision, not that it will do her any good if she doesn't change her approach to food. Bands need to be worked, just like any other type of WLS. It's really important that you stick with your plan until you've found your "sweet spot" with fills.

Glad you toasted your bread....from what I've heard fresh bread is notorious for blocking the band.

Oh really i thought this was mostly about bands silly me. Yeah if im honest i did suffer a bit today with feeling of fullness, i couldnt think about eating and was silly to think id be ok lol hey ho onwards and upwards, as they say a band is a tool to help you lose weight its not a sure thing, i can only stick to what im told and hope for the best. I too am glad i toasted the bread lol it could have been worse !! Maybe i need to look for other sites that are more about people like myself then. Thanks for the heads up.

2 hours ago, K T Oliver said:

Oh really i thought this was mostly about bands silly me. Yeah if im honest i did suffer a bit today with feeling of fullness, i couldnt think about eating and was silly to think id be ok lol hey ho onwards and upwards, as they say a band is a tool to help you lose weight its not a sure thing, i can only stick to what im told and hope for the best. I too am glad i toasted the bread lol it could have been worse !! Maybe i need to look for other sites that are more about people like myself then. Thanks for the heads up.

Welcome to the forum.

Read through the posts here of the folks who are finding suceess, and you will see what AussieH is talking about- any kind of weight loss surgery is only a tool. You can only get out of it, what you put into it. If eating habits remain unchanged, then ANY procedure will not help you lose weight, or keep it off.

What part of the world are you in? Did your program provide you with documentation and education on what to expect post-op, and how to eat afterwards? Just curious.

Feel free to ask all your questions here.