I am in the process of preparing for gastric bypass hopefully by the end of March. The nurse practitioner at the Bariatric doctor’s office suggests I add resistance training, using bands. At the moment all I have the stamina to do is walking in my neighborhood. I think some resistance bands would be beneficial. Any input would be very appreciated. I know nothing about resistance bands and I don’t want to get some that are so tight I won’t be able to use them. Haha. As you can guess it has been quite a few years since I have done any exercise routines. Thanks again for any input! I am trying to put everything I have into getting my life back! 

I confess that I only tried them once and couldn't get the thought out of my head that one would snap.

One of my nurse friends (she works with the elderly) carries around a couple of empty gallon water bottles that she fills (to some degree or other) with water and has her patients lifting them.  She even has a strap to thread through the handle of one so that they can do leg lifts in a sitting position.  That might be a good place to start at home.

Lots of videos on youtube on how to use bands for people with all different levels of fitness. Check that out first and then decide if you want to buy some. Where I live, the yellow and blue bands have the least amount of tension. The grey and black ones have the most. 

get the "light" resistance bands to start with....

1 hour ago, CheeringCJ said:

get the "light" resistance bands to start with....

Thank you for the video! Very helpful

CJ, You are awesome!! I ordered it. You are a great help! Thank you:D