Texas_Girl

Hey y’all - New to forum

3 hours ago, Lankyliz said:

I was thinking treadmill as we are in the hills and weather can be a problem ....are they very expensive ??

I don't know where you are from, but being in hills is really great walking places....the up and downs help to vary your speed and effort...of course the weather plays a factor, but except for bitter days, most ppl can walk outside in winter....it is cold when you first start (adequately bundled) but once you get moving and your blood is pumping, you warm up quickly.

On 1/27/2018 at 7:16 PM, Texas_Girl said:

Just a quick note to say “howdy!” I had the Roux-en-Y gastric bypass in mid-November. I lost 55 pounds rapidly before my surgery and have lost 35 pounds since. It’s a little slow going now, but I know that slow and steady wins the race. I have a couple of questions for the group. How much should I expect to lose every month? Is it normal to have post-surgery regrets?

Howdy, Texas_Girl!  I also had surgery in November...in fact a bunch of us did.  We call ourselves the "November Newbies" as we all went through it together and learned new things along the way (and still are as we are only 2 months out!).  Glad to have you on board! 

I haven't had any regrets but that doesn't mean others haven't or you can't.  Each of us is different.  I enjoy the benefits (health wise and appearance wise) so much that I am happy I did it.  

5 hours ago, Kio said:

One thing I have to say - I do totally have energy again!  But I was also under the impression that after surgery, as I lost weight, I would sort of suddenly become not-a-couch-potato.  ;)  Unfortunately, while the surgery and weight loss have given me a ton of energy and the ability to do more than I ever thought would be possible again... they did not magically change my personality. 

Alas, I am still lazy; it's my nature.  But the difference is - now when I am trying to convince myself that I need to get up and go for a walk or do some other exercise, I have FAR fewer excuses not to!  For instance, I can't tell myself it will hurt; I can't tell myself I might fall and sprain/break something; I can't tell myself I'll be exhausted for the rest of the day.  None of those things are true anymore!  I can head out for a walk and come back pleasantly tired out, but not stiff and sore, not exhausted, not incapable of say, cleaning the kitchen or doing my laundry or any of those other things you have to do in life. 

And I find myself doing weird stuff like... bouncing around when I have to stand still to talk to somebody.  Fidgeting because I just want to move.  Randomly doing calf-raises or knee-bends or whatever when I'm waiting for the dog to come back inside!

It's just that I still have to have that internal conversation:  "You should really..."  "But I don't WANNA..."  :):):) 

That is some very good advice!

Thank you so much for the warm welcome and solid advice. I appreciate you so much. Have a fabulous weekend!